DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The World's Best (CBS) -- talent competition show -- Corden, Barrymore, RuPaul, Hill (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/646680-worlds-best-cbs-talent-competition-show-corden-barrymore-rupaul-hill.html)

dex14 02-03-19 05:42 PM

The World's Best (CBS) -- talent competition show -- Corden, Barrymore, RuPaul, Hill

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...c5560d5004.jpg

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B9h-4BATtiw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NIGHT ONE OF THE AUDITIONS BEGIN, ON THE SERIES PREMIERE OF THE NEW GLOBAL TALENT COMPETITION "THE WORLD'S BEST," SUNDAY, FEB. 3

"The Auditions Season Premiere" - The journey to discover THE WORLD'S BEST begins with the first night of auditions, as elite acts from around the globe perform before American judges Drew Barrymore, RuPaul Charles and Faith Hill, as well as a panel of 50 renowned experts from 38 countries known as the "wall of the world," on the series premiere of THE WORLD'S BEST, Sunday, Feb. 3, immediately following SUPER BOWL LIII on the CBS Television Network. James Corden hosts.

The first round of auditions includes Mongolia's Enkh-Erdene ("The Mongolian Cowboy"), South Korea's Kukkiwon ("The Flying Taekwondo Masters"), Japan's Manami Ito ("The Miracle Violinist"), Great Britain's Matt Johnson ("The Drowning Man"), Australia's Space Cowboy ("The Dangerous Man") and the Philippines' the TNT Boys ("Vocal Dynamo Trio"), who all compete for a shot to advance in the competition.

DWilson 02-04-19 08:07 AM

Re: The World's Best (CBS) -- talent competition show -- Corden, Barrymore, RuPaul, Hill

I'm amused that the titles the producers came up with for the talent ( i.e.,"The Miracle Violist") all sound like late-night infomercial products. I'm ambivalent about The Mongolian Cowboy. Great old-school Country voice, but the fact that it means nothing to him (so he says, though something may have gotten lost in translation), and it's strictly excellent mimicry, which makes it a bit of a hollow experience. If his handlers had coached him to say he'd always dreamed of being an American Cowboy, he'd win this thing. The Violinist is interesting as a stunt, but she's only average otherwise (based on the one performance); by the way, does anyone play the violin left-handed (opposite shoulder)? I'm waiting for a ventriloquist....

Josh-da-man 02-04-19 09:11 PM

Re: The World's Best (CBS) -- talent competition show -- Corden, Barrymore, RuPaul, Hill

I was half-assedly watching the commercial and the one-armed violinist freaked me out because it looked like she had a skeleton arm. -eek-

The show itself was an obvious AGT knock-off with the 1 vs 100 “mob” thrown in. Overall, I found it to too slow-paced, and the format sucked any interest I might have had in the acts right out of it. And Corden was a terrible host. I won’t be back.

Eric F 02-04-19 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 13494609)
I'm amused that the titles the producers came up with for the talent ( i.e.,"The Miracle Violist") all sound like late-night infomercial products. I'm ambivalent about The Mongolian Cowboy. Great old-school Country voice, but the fact that it means nothing to him (so he says, though something may have gotten lost in translation), and it's strictly excellent mimicry, which makes it a bit of a hollow experience. If his handlers had coached him to say he'd always dreamed of being an American Cowboy, he'd win this thing. The Violinist is interesting as a stunt, but she's only average otherwise (based on the one performance); by the way, does anyone play the violin left-handed (opposite shoulder)? I'm waiting for a ventriloquist....

I had a left handed violin in elementary school. I sucked.

whotony 02-05-19 07:38 PM

This show is trash.

a cliff hanger with a magician in a tank of water?
This guy did the same exact act on AGT.

Mike86 02-05-19 07:48 PM

I thought this was awful. Won’t be surprised at all if it’s cancelled mid-way through the season or isn’t picked up for another. It’s obviously a total America’s Got Talent knock-off and just wasn’t very good. I don’t care for Corden and the judging system seems way overdone.

DWilson 02-27-19 09:18 AM

I happened to watch last week's episode, -don't plan to watch this week's, -and their magician performed the same exact trick with Drew Barrymore that Shin Lim performed with Melissa Fumero on the "America's Got Talent: The Champions" finale.

fujishig 02-27-19 09:20 AM

I didn't even realize there was a thread for this. I thought the same thing about cancellation when they didn't even show some of the acts in the first round. Like the contortionist who could sit on her own head, I don't think they even showed her act, just highlights. Maybe that was just to keep the acts fresh or something.

I was also annoyed that they basically called out whoever didn't vote for a popular act.