Reload this Page >

Gotham (S5E04, S5E05) -- "Ruin/Pena Dura" -- 1/24/19, 1/31/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-31-19, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

HAVEN COMES UNDER ATTACK ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" THURSDAY, JANUARY 24, ON FOX

Gordon and Penguin are forced to work together and alliances are shaken when Lucius, Nygma and Barbara all have different ideas of the culprit behind recent events at Haven. Meanwhile, Selina continues her quest for revenge against Jeremiah (guest star Cameron Monaghan) in the all-new "Ruin" episode of GOTHAM airing Thursday, Jan. 24 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-504) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Detective Harvey Bullock, Morena Baccarin as Dr. Leslie Thompkins, Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/The Riddler, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox

Guest Cast: Cameron Monaghan as Jeremiah Valeska, Anthony Carrigan as Victor Zsasz, Francesca Root-Dodson as Ecco, JW Cortes as Detective Alvarez, Alex Morf as Sykes, Jamie Murray as Walker

A MILITARY TASK FORCE ARRIVES IN GOTHAM CITY ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" THURSDAY, JANUARY 31, ON FOX

Shane West Guest-Stars and BD Wong ("Hugo Strange") Returns

A military task force, led by Eduardo Dorrance (guest star Shane West) is called in to provide relief to Gotham. Meanwhile, Nygma looks for answers from Penguin, who leads him back to Hugo Strange (guest star BD Wong). Then, Bruce is concerned about Selina's recent behavior in the all-new "Pena Dura" episode of GOTHAM airing Thursday, Jan. 31 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-505) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Detective Harvey Bullock, Morena Baccarin as Dr. Leslie Thompkins, Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/The Riddler, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox

Guest Cast: Cameron Monaghan as Jeremiah Valeska, Shane West as Eduardo Dorrance, BD Wong as Hugo Strange, Francesca Root-Dodson as Ecco, Shiva Kalaiselvan as Lelia, Marceline Hugot as Gretel

I forgot to post a thread for last week's episode and too much time had passed when I realized it. So I'm combining last week and this week's threads.

So if you had not watched last week yet or were wondering where it was, post your thoughts here.

Old 02-03-19, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Gotham (S5E04, S5E05) -- "Ruin/Pena Dura" -- 1/24/19, 1/31/19

I was right, the government bombed Haven. This Gotham deserves being wiped off of the map anyways.
Old 02-04-19, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Everyone looks so strange in that promo picture.

Mostly caught up with the season yesterday. Watched all episodes except for the most recent. Entertaining so far but I'm glad this is the wrap up season.
Old 02-04-19, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Everyone looks so strange in that promo picture.
It looks like an outtake, -the lighting is too bright and undramatic and the poses are odd (particularly "The Riddler"), some are smiling and some are in character. I hate to say it, but Camren ("Selina") looks older than Morena Baccarin.
Old 02-04-19, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Morena Baccarin hasn’t even made an appearance this season has she?
Old 02-04-19, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

She has not
Old 02-04-19, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
I hate to say it, but Camren ("Selina") looks older than Morena Baccarin.
She has definitely packed on some pounds, but that is not necessarily a bad thing.
Old 02-04-19, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So it was revealed that Walker was responsible for the attack on Haven, and it says Jamie Murray plays Walker, but I don't recall Jamie Murray showing up in person. Was she just the voice on the radio at this point? Or did I miss something?
Old 02-04-19, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Count Dooku View Post
So it was revealed that Walker was responsible for the attack on Haven, and it says Jamie Murray plays Walker, but I don't recall Jamie Murray showing up in person. Was she just the voice on the radio at this point? Or did I miss something?
She's been in the credits every week, but I didn't see her until a preview (I don't know if it was for the upcoming episode or the rest of the season).
Old 02-04-19, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
It looks like an outtake, -the lighting is too bright and undramatic and the poses are odd (particularly "The Riddler"), some are smiling and some are in character. I hate to say it, but Camren ("Selina") looks older than Morena Baccarin.
If you've been following the gossip circuit over social media, Selina had a very rough time after season four ended. Shaved her hair off and gained a lot of weight. She's worn a wig all season.