Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Medici - Masters of Florence (The Magnificent?) - Netflix

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-26-19, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Has anyone watched Netflix's Medici - Masters of Florence? I loved the show and sort of kept tabs on it to see when season 2 was coming. Season 1 had a pretty good cast, including Richard Madden, Brian Cox, and an oddly casted Dustin Hoffman as the patriarch Giovanni de Medici. Show is produced by Frank Spotnitz and Nicholas Meyer of all people. Anyways, Season 2 dropped last Friday but with a seemingly completely new cast. I know the next season was supposed to continue the story of the Medici family, but I was just kind of surprised that none of the original cast made it to the next season. I think it's confused both Netflix and IMDB, as Netflix has the new season listed as season 2, but IMDB has it listed as a brand new series called Medici The Magnificent (aka Lorenzo). Same producers however.

For what it's worth, it's a pretty good show, and I love the cast (at least in the first season, I haven't had a chance to watch the second yet), as well as this particular chapter in history and the Renaissance. Oh, and Sean Bean plays a Pazzi, so if you know the history, it sounds like he'll be going the way of Ned Stark - and just about every character he plays.