TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Strike Back (Cinemax) -- Season 6 Thread -- Premieres 1/25/19

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-19, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Strike Back (Cinemax) -- Season 6 Thread -- Premieres 1/25/19

Season 6, episode 1

Debut date: FRIDAY, JAN. 25 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT)

Six months after their last mission, three members of the British special-ops team Section 20 - Gracie Novin (Alin Sumarwata), Samuel Wyatt (Daniel MacPherson) and Thomas "Mac" McAllister (Warren Brown) - reunite for what they think is a routine "cleanup" exercise in Malaysia. Things get complicated when their new commanding officer, borderline burn-out Alexander Coltrane (Jamie Bamber), learns that a British operative, in possession of intel about a downed Russian plane, has been killed in Kuala Lumpur after meeting with Katrina Zarkova (Yasemin Allen), a covert Russian operative.

The trail leads Wyatt, Mac and Novin to a Russian safehouse, where Katrina and her team of Russian soldiers are attempting to track a mysterious "package" stolen from the plane, which crashed into the ocean under suspicious circumstances. The confrontation turns bloody when members of a brutal Malaysian triad arrive, setting off a chain of dangerous encounters in the skies and skyscrapers of Kuala Lumpur.

Written by Jack Lothian; directed by Bill Eagles.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vo1MZQODKQM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10 episode Cinemax 6th season. 7th if you count Origins.

Posting this a few days early for those with Cinemax to set your DVRs. It makes it's worldwide premiere this Friday at 10pm ET. And no, it has not aired on Sky in the UK yet....so don't bother looking for torrents for those who don't have Cinemax... It's Sky premiere date is TBD.

This was shot entirely on location in Southeast Asia specifically Malaysia.

Here's the official press release with the season plot:

Strike Back returns for seventh series, from Left Bank Pictures

• New 10-part series to premiere on Sky One, NOW TV and Cinemax

• Entire series to be filmed on location in Malaysia

• Jamie Bamber to star as new section 20 boss

Filming has begun on the seventh series of high-action Sky original production STRIKE BACK in Malaysia.

Section 20’s Warren Brown (Thomas ‘Mac’ McAllister), Daniel MacPherson (Samuel Wyatt), and Alin Sumarwata (Gracie Novin) return with new boss Colonel Alexander Coltrane, played by Jamie Bamber, and disavowed Russian agent Katrina Zarkova played by Yasemin Allen.

When a Russian jet crashes in the South China Sea, Section 20 are sent in to investigate. They find themselves both coming into conflict and being forced to work alongside rogue Russian operative Katrina Zarkova, who is on the trail of the same mystery as them.

The group are assigned a new Commanding Officer – the veteran Coltrane – and pursue the stolen contents of the Russian jet across South East Asia. They will work alongside the Malaysian police to shut down a Triad gang in Kuala Lumpur, uncover a corrupt plot by a wealthy Indian businesswoman who is running for Parliament, and plunge into the jungles of the Golden Triangle in Myanmar. All whilst facing off against mercenary drug agents and terrifying warlords, as they uncover a conspiracy that threatens to push the world to the brink of global conflict.

They’ll need to work alongside their new Russian ally Katrina, but her loyalties and goals might not be what they first appear… What if the one person you can’t trust is the person you need to survive?

Jack Lothian, writer and executive producer, said “We’re delighted to be back with Sky and Cinemax for a new season of Strike Back; we have fantastic actors and crew that work incredibly hard to provide big screen action for the small screen, with all the drama, high stakes, and mayhem that involves, and I can’t wait for the audience to see the twists and turns we’ve got lined up. “

Strike Back is a co-production between Sky and Cinemax and will be produced by Left Bank Pictures. The series was commissioned and will be executive produced by Cameron Roach, Sky’s drama commissioning editor.

Left Bank Pictures executive producers are Andy Harries, Sharon Hughff, Jack Lothian and Richard Burrell.

The Producers are Nuala O’Leary, Lawrence Cochran and Andy Morgan with Directors Bill Eagles, Paul Wilmshurst and Steve Shill.

Strike Back will return to Sky One in early 2019.

Old 01-22-19, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Strike Back (Cinemax) -- Season 6 Thread -- Premieres 1/25/19

Gracie was such the break-out star character of last season that I'm still scratching my head trying to remember the other female lead character.
Old 01-22-19, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by mugwump
Gracie was such the break-out star character of last season that I'm still scratching my head trying to remember the other female lead character.
Roxanne McKee played Captain Reynolds (the other female lead). But it looks like she's not returning this season. When they started filming in Asia last summer, Roxanne was hanging out in Los Angeles.

Old 01-23-19, 01:52 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yay one of my fav shows
Old 01-23-19, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Definitely check your DVR if you have a season pass set up as the name change for this season, "Strike Back Revolution," caused my X1 box to whiff on it.
Old 01-25-19, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Premieres tonight.

But I’m guessing the interest and audience for this will be very limited in this forum as most here probably don’t have a year round Cinemax subscription.
Old 01-25-19, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

My body is ready.
Old 01-26-19, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Great start. Love the Malaysia setting.

Loved seeing Mac get his ass kicked by that Triad enforcer. There were some pretty badass shootout and action sequences with Section 20 and the swarm of Triads.

At least they explained how Captain Reynolds was written out. She apparently took the fall for the events of season 5.

The new Russian girl is cool. However, that sex scene was so awkward. She was all bruised up and in pain and then decides she wants to get freaky?

Also, big reveal. Gracie Novin is bisexual.
Old 01-26-19, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yasemin Kay Allen pulls off the Russian accent really well and I like her character's chemistry with the regulars so far so that's a promising start. The behind the scenes snippets after the credits were cool as well and it seems like they had a blast filming this season.
Old 01-26-19, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the two guys took acting lessons over the break, or the writing's just better, but I thought this was a much, much better start than last season.

The three leads make a credible team, in TV terms at least. I never bought them as a unit last season. Hard to live up to Sully and Stonebridge chemistry-wise.

I almost wrote the show off, with the new people, but now I'm looking forward to more.
Old 01-27-19, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk God

You didn't bring a translator?
You want to translate something? Fuck you.

Good start to the show. Action scenes are always top notch.
Old 01-27-19, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Awesome start. It took awhile for them to find their stride last season and the cameos by the original guys didn't help one bit, but this season looks like it's gonna be bad assl.
Old 02-02-19, 05:16 AM

when a helicopter is hovering over your target and you dont shoot it down....
Old 02-03-19, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk God

The Novin and Laoshu fight scene was pretty badass and brutal. Too bad they killed him off.

Loved the shootout sequence at the racetrack. Very well directed and exciting.

Good stuff so far. I'm glad this team has really gelled. When it first started, Wyatt and Mac were bad Stonebridge and Scott knockoffs. Now, I think they have found themselves and are their own characters.

With Laoshu dead and the Godfather apprehended, looks like we're moving into a secondary villain now. Zarkova seems to be doing some backend dealings.
Old 02-03-19, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
The Novin and Laoshu fight scene was pretty badass and brutal. Too bad they killed him off.
Yeah, good fight. I thought they should have kept him for a bit longer, too. Both fight scenes he did were bad ass.

Old 02-04-19, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This has catapulted to the top of my must watch list each week and I try to watch each episode twice as the first run through is usually late on Friday night when I'm wiped out. It's surprising how much I realize I missed when I watch it again a few days later. Really solid start to the season and they're moving at the typically frenetic "Strike Back" pace which is awesome.
Old 02-04-19, 04:40 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts

I’m just realizing that Apollo is on this now!
Old 02-08-19, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Mac's American accent.

Pretty sweet they go from the Triads to Indian terrorists. That Holi festival sequence was pretty cool and then the Indian scientist getting sliced up.

Novin's move on the security guard was pretty badass. I'm glad they didn't drag out Zarkova's sneakiness and Coltrane discovered her.

So far, this has been a pretty awesome season. Good chemistry with the cast and I like the little bits of humor.
Old 02-09-19, 07:04 PM

So...do we want to talk about all the sideways-like-a-gangsta pistol holding?

Really fun ep, though.
Old 02-10-19, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk God

That American accent was fucking hilarious!
Old 02-10-19, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
That American accent was fucking hilarious!
Especially during the end credits when we got to see his various attempts at different "American" accents. They were all universally terrible.
Old 02-14-19, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by dex14
I’m just realizing that Apollo is on this now!
Anyone remember a show called Ultimate Force? It's almost 20 years old now. It was about...a covert British military team...running highly improbable and somewhat unrealistic missions...with a bit of comic relief...and led by Jamie Bamber.

I was rewatching some old episodes off a DVD I got at a street market somewhere in Europe years ago. You can definitely see the seeds of Strike Back in there. Entertaining show, if a bit dated and not as highly produced as the stuff made now.

Old 02-18-19, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Awesome 4th episode from Friday. This show is killing it this season. Some solid action and shootouts with those Indian terrorists.

Wyatt jumping out the 3rd floor and taking Vartak out was sick.

Novin: "Hold still!!"

Mac: "What do they say about back seat driving?"

Novin: "Then drive better!!"

and of course they always throw in another curveball with the villains with the reveal in this episode. In that preview it looks like we got some African warlord in addition to the Chinese coming back.

I feel like Strike Back is a show that almost no one watches here because no one wants to commit to a Cinemax subscription. Warrior and Jett are going to be coming out soon, so there's 2 more shows that are making it worthwhile.
Old 02-27-19, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk God

The shootout at the bar was pretty awesome.

Man, that hooker was stupid to go back for the suitcase of money. The African drug lord was a pretty badass new villain.

I couldn't really hear the DEA agent talking to Wyatt, but I wonder what are his deep dark secrets in his file that he was paranoid about.

That was an interesting ending with Zarkova's colleague Pavel killing the Colonel. Guess he's some kind of double agent.
Old 02-27-19, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Renewed for 7th and the 2nd final season: https://deadline.com/2019/02/strike-...ax-1202566026/

Remember, the 4th season with Winchester and Stapleton was previously the "Final season"

Last edited by DJariya; 02-27-19 at 01:12 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.