Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

A Discovery of Witches (AMC, BBC America) S: Teresa Palmer, Matthew Goode

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-19, 06:50 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
A Discovery of Witches (AMC, BBC America) S: Teresa Palmer, Matthew Goode

<iframe width="663" height="373" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/obYBmdi4U9A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="663" height="373" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XCy3uxMkk5I" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On heels of Sky UK's greenlight announcement for second and third seasons of the captivating series "A Discovery of Witches," Sundance Now, AMC Networks' direct-to-consumer SVOD service curated with high-quality dramas and crime thrillers, and SHUDDER, the leading premium streaming service for thriller, suspense and horror, has confirmed the acquisition of both seasons. The first season is set to premiere on both the services in U.S. and Canada on January 17, 2019. Adapted from Deborah Harkness's critically-acclaimed and bestselling All Souls trilogy, the Sky original production launched in September in the U.K. and was produced by Bad Wolf, was this year's biggest drama on Sky One. Seasons two and three will be returning to the channel and NOW TV, bringing to life the remaining stories from the trilogy. Anne Mensah, Sky's Head of Drama said: "Season one was a brilliant introduction to the All Souls world and the love story between Diana and Matthew. We can't wait for the show's fans to continue the journey with season two and three, become more enchanted by the characters and watch the magic further unfold." "A Discovery of Witches" is a modern-day love story, set in a world where witches, vampires and daemons secretly live and work alongside humans, hidden in plain sight. In the second season Matthew (Emmy(R)-nominated Matthew Goode, "Downton Abbey") and Diana (Teresa Palmer, Hacksaw Ridge) are hiding in time in the fascinating and treacherous world of Elizabethan London - here they must find a powerful witch teacher to help Diana control her magic and search for the elusive Book of Life. Back in the present day, Diana's beloved aunts, Sarah (Alex Kingston) and Em (Valerie Pettiford), must take shelter with notorious witch-hunter Ysabeau de Clermont (Lindsay Duncan) at her ancestral home, Sept-Tours. Meanwhile, in Oxford, Marcus (Edward Bluemel) and Miriam (Aiysha Hart) take on Matthew's mantle to protect daemons Nathaniel (Daniel Ezra) and Sophie (Aisling Loftus), whose pregnancy is advancing. Gerbert (Trevor Eve), Knox (Owen Teale), Satu (Malin Buska) and Domenico (Gregg Chillin) are determined to hunt down every clue they can to Diana's and Matthew's disappearance, and the secrets their allies are keeping from them.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Alex Kingston as Sarah Bishop
· Matthew Goode as Matthew Clairmont
· Owen Teale as Peter Knox
· Teresa Palmer as Diana Bishop
· Valarie Pettiford as Emily Mather

CREW INFORMATION:
· Deborah Harkness as BOOK
· Jane Tranter as EP
· Juan Carlos Medina as DIR
· Kate Brooke as CRTR/EP
Old 01-17-19, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 389 Likes on 279 Posts
Re: A Discovery of Witches (Sky/Sundance Now/Shudder) S: Teresa Palmer, Matthew Goo

hopefully AMC licenses it to someone I will watch. Not paying for AMC, I really liked the books but this is nothing like I would have visualized them. I would have thought the witch was a lot older in my minds eyes and more prim and proper than what this adaptation shows...
Old 01-17-19, 09:26 AM

Re: A Discovery of Witches (Sky/Sundance Now/Shudder) S: Teresa Palmer, Matthew Goo

Shudder and Sundance Now both have 7 day free trials.
Old 01-17-19, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I have a 60 day free trial for Sundance Now. I posted the code in the streaming deals thread, but I guess no one cared or wasn't interested.

But, if I have time, I'll give this a look. Teresa Palmer is hot. I liked her in The Choice.
Old 01-17-19, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Teresa Palmer is hot. I liked her in The Choice.
That is why I may check it out.
Old 02-10-19, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk God

re: A Discovery of Witches (AMC, BBCAmerica) S: Teresa Palmer, Matthew Goode

https://deadline.com/2019/02/a-disco...er-1202553548/

This will now air on TV for those without Shudder or Sundance Now. Apparently the streaming numbers are amazing.

It will air on BBC America and AMC.

The first season of the series, starring Matthew Goode and Teresa Palmer, is getting a linear run in a simulcast on AMC and BBC America starting April 7 at 9 PM, following BBC America and AMC’s previously announced simulcast of Killing Eve at 8 PM.
Old 02-11-19, 07:14 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

I enjoyed the first episode and plan to continue, but I’ve said that about hundreds of shows that are still in my virtual “queue”.
Old 02-12-19, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJariya
https://deadline.com/2019/02/a-disco...er-1202553548/

This will now air on TV for those without Shudder or Sundance Now. Apparently the streaming numbers are amazing.

It will air on BBC America and AMC.
Great news! Is anyone watching this and is it well done? I would imagine if its getting good streaming results it must be decent...
Old 02-12-19, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk God

I saw the 1st episode last week and thought it was good for a supernatural series. I didn't realize that Teresa Palmer was playing an American even though it's set in the UK. I'll have to make time soon to finish more.
Old 04-07-19, 07:20 AM

Re: A Discovery of Witches (AMC, BBCAmerica) S: Teresa Palmer, Matthew Goode

FOLLOWING ITS HUGELY SUCCESSFUL PREMIERE ON AMC NETWORKS' STREAMING SERVICES SUNDANCE NOW AND SHUDDER, "A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES" SEASON ONE MAKES ITS NETWORK TELEVISION DEBUT ON AMC AND BBC AMERICA STARTING SUNDAY, APRIL 7 AT 9:00 PM ET/PT

SERIES STARRING MATTHEW GOODE AND TERESA PALMER HERALDED AS "ELEGANT AND SATISFYING" AND "THE NEXT SHOW TO CAST ITS SPELL OVER VIEWERS"
Will air on BBC America and AMC. It is still available in full on the previous streaming platforms.
Old 04-08-19, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: A Discovery of Witches (AMC, BBC America) S: Teresa Palmer, Matthew Goode

dang, forgot to set this up. Hopefully they reair the first episode of this during the week or before the next ep....
Old 04-08-19, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by jpcamb
dang, forgot to set this up. Hopefully they reair the first episode of this during the week or before the next ep....
It should be available OnDemand via AMC and your cable provider.
Old 04-08-19, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

AMC iirc is weird about on demand, they pull things a few weeks after the air date and I don't know how quickly I will get to this one....
Old 04-08-19, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Looks like ep 1 is available on demand from AMC through PS Vue - I’ll check it out!
Old 04-08-19, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

on Comcast the show is listed as available on demand until tonight and on the AMC ad free (paid) service for a long time. The show looks like it will re-air on Saturday if anyone wants to set their DVR.