TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: War of the Worlds (MTV) -- premieres 2/6/19

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-19, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Re: The Challenge: War of the Worlds (MTV) -- premieres 2/6/19

Originally Posted by JZ1276
I agree he seems like a very nice guy but as far as his athletic skills I don't believe he has shown much
Yeah I don't get the hype either. He also looks like a tiny manlet, and his serious try hard demeanor seems comically out of place.

Old 04-14-19, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

I didn't realize there was hype around Turbo. I just thought he is one of the better additions lately. I will take him over a whiny bitch like Bear any day.

I have to admit I laugh out loud every time Turbo does some gay super-hero pose and they have special effects shoot off around him or out of his fingers or whatever.
Old 04-18-19, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty ho-hum week this week. No final challenge and cliffhanger to know who is picked for it. We are still left with a lot of rather unlikeable people.

Just curious but what is going on with Cara and her face? I know she hasn't always had the best complexion but she starting to have that meth-head look.

In non-related news...this showed up in my email. A sale on a workout DVD with a face you may recognize: https://www.shopetc.com/blowout-sale/B001176.html

I always thought she was hot.
Old 04-18-19, 03:37 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Aaaaah. Emily has an insane body. I miss her.

It was nice to see hear Nany say what everyone else has been thinking about Cara. She is just awful now. I think her skin was peeling. Maybe she had a sun burn. At least she got off Twitter.

Last edited by dex14; 04-18-19 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-18-19, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

This was the first episode this season since the first episode that didn't have a challenge and an elimination. I'm worried that they are really going to drag this out now after a really good pace to start the season....

Ditto on Emily. I was excited to see her on Champs vs Stars, but she's said that she will probably never do a full season of The Challenge again....
Old 04-25-19, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow...did Ninja look like a fool or what? For those who doubted Turbo, his last two performances were pretty impressive...though taping someone can't be that hard, can it? Wes???

And that chick who kept jumping on Turbo when he did nothing wrong. Who the fuck does she think she is? Obnoxious.

And Hunter is once again a whiny, pussy, little bitch. I can't stand that dude.
Old 04-28-19, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ninja and Hunter were extremely obnoxious this episode. They both made fools of themselves. The really shocking thing about this episode is how Georgia got into Wes' head during The Killing Floor. Nany should have had Hunter tape Georgia up.... Also, Turbo taped an unruly passenger up on a plane? Is he the most interesting guy in the world?
Old 05-03-19, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This week's episode had one of the best Challenges in a few years. I wonder how much that cost? It was quite an elaborate setup. Also, never make Turbo mad. Could he win it all? He finished that puzzle quickly and he's in really good shape.
Old 05-03-19, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
This week's episode had one of the best Challenges in a few years. I wonder how much that cost? It was quite an elaborate setup. Also, never make Turbo mad. Could he win it all? He finished that puzzle quickly and he's in really good shape.
I'm glad Turbo made the final if for no other reason than I want to see what he can do there. Who are the other guys left? I think it is Wes, Paulie, Theo, and Hunter, right? Any two of those should make it interesting. I guess if I could pick two it would be Wes and Paulie because Hunter being such a baby this season almost made me stop hating Smashley for screwing him over, and Paulie winning would make his insufferability and the drama it would create monumental the next Challenge. Theo I don't really feel anything about, and Wes actually seems pretty self aware and a decent guy, which no one is more shocked than 10 years younger version of me to type that sentence.
Old 05-09-19, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Surprised no one has commented yet. Whether you like him or not, that was painful to watch
Old 05-09-19, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by leeta
Surprised no one has commented yet. Whether you like him or not, that was painful to watch
Who are you talking about? Paulie? Yeah, even moreso watching him cry afterwards.
Old 05-09-19, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm glad to see Paulie go and cry on his way out. He and Cara have been insufferable this season. I really hope Wes can pull out a win and retire on top. The Final looked pretty brutal in the preview for next week. 50 miles?
Old 05-09-19, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Paulie crying? Did he see a butterfly?

Old 05-09-19, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by leeta
Going first on that one was just a massive disadvantage. Really needlessly gassed himself out. Also getting that swing right was pretty much everything. Dee also gassed herself on what should've been an easy win in the opening.

Anyway, Paulie was such an overconfident tool, zero sympathy. That guy really thinks highly of himself, doesn't he?

Pulling for Wes as well. Really has redeemed himself over the years and has the best approach.
Old 05-10-19, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I'm glad to see Paulie go and cry on his way out. He and Cara have been insufferable this season. I really hope Wes can pull out a win and retire on top. The Final looked pretty brutal in the preview for next week. 50 miles?
Totally agree with all of the above. But I really enjoyed Paulie going out like the crying little bitch he is. It wasn't painful to watch at all. And I hope to see Hunter do the same thing next week. Both guys are insufferable! And hopefully Cara doesn't win either.
Old 05-10-19, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't get me wrong. Glad he was eliminated. Still, it was painful to watch repeated 50 foot falls. Don't like him, but don't want to see him kill himself.

Of those left, I would like to see either a Turbo or Wes win from the guys or a Georgia or Maddie win from the girls.

Can you imagine what will happen if Turbo and his partner win and she doesn't share the money??
Old 05-10-19, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My daughter (16) was laughing when Paulie was crying. That made my day. As others have said, the whole Cara/Paulie thing has been extremely hard to watch, but I did like Cara's comment about wanting to beat him in the final.

Isn't the final just everyone on their own? I don't think they play as teams.

My daughter and I think It's going to be Georgia winning it. From what they were saying she's a big time runner, and if its that grueling of an ending, that will help a lot. And she does surprisingly well on the challenges.
Old 05-16-19, 01:56 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Though pretty straight forward... now THIS is a final challenge. Whoever wins will clearly have earned it.
Old 05-16-19, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Though pretty straight forward... now THIS is a final challenge. Whoever wins will clearly have earned it.
No kidding...makes the last Challenge final look like an even bigger joke than it obviously was.
Old 05-16-19, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That was a Final. I have never seen so many people either pass out, cramp up, cry, or get medically disqualified in the first part of a final before. There's still 26 more miles to go.... I don't know if some of them will be able to finish.
Old 05-16-19, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like possibly production listened to the complaints about weak finals but they seem to have overcompensated. That was a beast of a first half.

So, really, there isn’t an equal 1st place to the men top 3 and women top 3? I don’t want to seem sexist but no way the women can beat the men.

I like to think I’m fair about what I can and can’t do and I am not sure even when I was incredibly fit in college, I was ever fit enough to do that first half. It just seemed so hard.

So much better than Survivor. I hope Turbo becomes a regular but not that other loud guy who was eliminated but I’m sure he’ll be back. It’s good to have new people but I do hope the mix is just a tad better next season to bring at least a few more of the vets back into the mix. And that guy who won Big Brother was a casting mistake I hope they realize and never ask him back.
Old 05-17-19, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

What the hell? Why didnt my DVR record this weeks episode?
Old 05-17-19, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JZ1276
What the hell? Why didnt my DVR record this weeks episode?
My Spectrum box wasn't set to record this week. For some reason this week was labeled The Challenge: War of the Worl and it wouldn't record regularly. I had to set a manual record for it.
Old 05-17-19, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Looks like possibly production listened to the complaints about weak finals but they seem to have overcompensated.

So, really, there isn’t an equal 1st place to the men top 3 and women top 3? I don’t want to seem sexist but no way the women can beat the men.

So much better than Survivor.

Really agree with all your points. Finals used to be noteworthy for how grueling they were, so it's good to get back there after a few lackluster finals. But they definitely went overboard if it's only half done? All their bodies are already wrecked. And no split in prizes based on sex, if that is the case here, is frankly lame and the women basically have no shot.

Anyway, loved watching the struggle. You SHOULD have people quitting/DQing because it's so difficult. It SHOULD live up to its name and be challenging. Survivor needs to hire the people who do The Challenge and just revamp everything because it's night and day how much better The Challenge is in almost every respect.
Old 05-17-19, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cara Maria continues to wimp out. This time over a needle. Not having those extra fluids will cost her, not that's she's got a shot anyway, if the second half is anything like the first.

Also glad to see the real Challenge finale back.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.