The Challenge: War of the Worlds (MTV) -- premieres 2/6/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: War of the Worlds (MTV) -- premieres 2/6/19

Old 03-08-19, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Re: The Challenge: War of the Worlds (MTV) -- premieres 2/6/19

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Zach was eliminated this week, but he shouldn't have picked Wes to go up against.
They're being really fucking stupid with who they pick to go up against.

Old 03-08-19, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Cara, and Bear were insufferable this episode.
I agree. Cara has been on a steady path towards obnoxious for several seasons now. She was a fairly sympathetic character not that many years ago, but no more...at least not for me. I also think Paulie is a pretty unlikable guy as well

So what does it say about Kyle that I want to see Cara and Paulie crush him and those he loves? He is a massive tool - which of course makes him great for the show.

But Zack made Jenna sad so...Begone!
Old 03-13-19, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

This Bear person is a fairly repellent human being.
Old 03-15-19, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
He's the worst. He could be their next Bananas. I really hope Wes is somehow able to take him out. If the Vets don't get their act together, the UK alliance is going to wipe them out.
Old 03-16-19, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mwbmis
He's like an extra in Guy Ritchie movie - "Loudmouth in Bar" - who gets his ass kicked by Jason Statham to the delight of the viewer.
Old 03-16-19, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
He's like an extra in Guy Ritchie movie - "Loudmouth in Bar" - who gets his ass kicked by Jason Statham to the delight of the viewer.
Which episode is that going to happen so I can tune in.
Old 03-16-19, 05:06 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I only started watching the last few seasons of this show when some UK people were included

Only just started this seaosn (in episode 2) but with more UK people, i'm really enjoying it. They are from all shows i watch (Geordie shore, love island, ex on the beach uk etc)

and Gus from Florbama shore and Mattie from Party Down South, another two shows i watch

I never watch any versions of Big Brother

Old 03-21-19, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They are making some questionable votes this season. There wasn't any reason for the Vets to throw in Josh and Amanda. You have to try to get rid of the UK alliance. They are going to wind up picking everyone off.
Old 03-21-19, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They are making some questionable votes this season. There wasn't any reason for the Vets to throw in Josh and Amanda. You have to try to get rid of the UK alliance. They are going to wind up picking everyone off.
I just assume they play up some story lines/relationships and make less of others. Because otherwise a lot of the nominations and voting make seemingly no sense and appear almost random.
Old 03-22-19, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have Directv and a message was running across the bottom of the screen that MTV, VH1, Paramount and others would be dropped soon.

Hopefully, I can watch future episodes on Hulu...
Old 03-28-19, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bear is repugnant. Sweet Jenna was sent home. She really hasn't been the same since she was injured on Champs vs. Stars.... They threw a big bombshell in the preview for next week:
Spoiler:
The teams are dissolving. I thought this was going to be a short season since the numbers have dwindled quite a bit, but making it an individual game will up the episode count.
Old 03-29-19, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Also, I heard about this in a podcast, but allegedly Johnny, Kyle, and Theo grabbed Amanda and taped her to a chair and covered her mouth up. It happened early in the season and they didn't show it on tv. Amanda said she's never going on the show again, because production didn't protect. It sounds like a prank gone wrong, but she had to pull hair out to remove the tape. She and many other cast members are saying it was assault.
Old 03-29-19, 01:38 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Also, I heard about this in a podcast, but allegedly Johnny, Kyle, and Theo grabbed Amanda and taped her to a chair and covered her mouth up. It happened early in the season and they didn't show it on tv. Amanda said she's never going on the show again, because production didn't protect. It sounds like a prank gone wrong, but she had to pull hair out to remove the tape. She and many other cast members are saying it was assault.
https://soapdirt.com/mtv-the-challen...iewed-on-show/
https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...enge-backlash/
Old 03-30-19, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

If there was anyone on the show I would agree to tape their mouth shut, it would be her.

It appears she was handling it just fine but MTV decided to be dicks about it. No big surprise there. The flip-flopping they do on stuff like this (and fighting) is always annoying.
Old 04-11-19, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bye bye Bear! Kyle just beasted him on The Killing Floor.

I really liked the challenge this episode. That has to be the best five minute workout ever after what it did to Turbo. Speaking of Turbo, no one should mess with him. He's a bit crazy.
Old 04-11-19, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Will not miss Bear at all.

Boy, if it stays one elimination per week the rest of the season -- which has been going for two months already -- we still have several more months before the final. Sheesh.
Old 04-12-19, 05:23 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

I fucking love Turbo.
Old 04-12-19, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Turbo is easily one of the best new additions to The Challenge in years. Maddie as well.

Bear was easily one of the worst and needs to stay away. But they will certainly bring him back since he "adds the drama" that MTV craves.

Hunter, Cara Marie and Paulie have all become insufferable. I used to like Cara but she has gone increasingly south over the last several challenges.

Hunter is just a dipshit and I was hoping Turbo was going to clean his clock like he so deserves.

I guess I am in the minority of Challenge watchers (or at least what MTV thinks the watchers want) but fuck the drama and stupid shit. You get the best drama out of watching awesome Challengers who play hard to win respect on the "killing floor" and play smart political games in the house. Or ones that are to stupid to play a good political game and walk into smarter people's traps. The whole, "let's get people who can scream, brag, cry, shout and fuck the loudest" is annoying.
Old 04-12-19, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This season has been doing really well in the ratings. The Challenge has been the number one cable show on Wednesdays the past two weeks.

Last edited by lwhy?; 04-12-19 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-12-19, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

This season has been doing really well in the ratings. The Challenge has been the number one cable show on Wednesdays the past two weeks.
It's honestly light years better than Survivor or basically any other "reality show competition." Challenge competitions are WAY better, FAR better eye candy, better drama, not many dud contestants - even someone like Bear who is a piece of shit is still kinda fun to watch as like a Tony Montana wannabe trainwreck. And now that they're expanding their talent universe to all reality shows it keeps things fresh.
Old 04-13-19, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I used to like Cara but she has gone increasingly south over the last several challenges.
I used to like her also. WTF happened to her? Her scenes are all cringe worthy.

Originally Posted by Finisher
And now that they're expanding their talent universe to all reality shows it keeps things fresh.
You may be right but I'd much rather see ex-Real Worlders than all these reality show people I've never heard of.
There used to be some Road Rules / Real Worlders that were complete beasts on the Challenge like Landon, Mark Long, Eric Nies & Alton that disappeared that I'd like to see return. There's also a bunch challenge regulars from around 10 years ago that also disappeared like Robin, Fat Eric, Kenny, Evan, Tonya.(although I heard what happened with them). I'm sure I'm missing a few & can't remember all the names but Kyle is really the only one I like out of all these new people.

Last edited by JZ1276; 04-13-19 at 05:14 AM.
Old 04-13-19, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I do miss some of the older players, Fat Eric will never be back though because no one will want to do the finals w him as a partner, not enough cardio... I really miss Kenny and Evan, Johnny Bananas basically just took the Kenny playbook, but isn't as good as he was.

Bear will definitely be back, he's someone people love to hate. My girlfriend despised him. I thought he was an awful human being, but sometimes found his arrogance funny. But Jesus Georgia, you can do much better than him. She's way too attractive for that a-hole. I loved Wes's comment that Bear didn't stop to say bye to Georgia and was straight off the floor to call his "cousin". Wes's commentary has been hilarious all season, they should have him do the talking head comments for seasons he's not even in.

Since its now a solo event Turbo and Theo have to be the favorites in the finals. Turbo is a machine and Theo is an olympic athlete.
Old 04-13-19, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by mh4268
Turbo is a machine and Theo is an olympic athlete.
Everyone has been saying how great Turbo is but I don't see it. Was has he done that's been so impressive?
Old 04-14-19, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Everyone has been saying how great Turbo is but I don't see it. Was has he done that's been so impressive?

He just seems like a genuine, decent guy to me. Plus he is a strong challenger and is humorous about everything.
Old 04-14-19, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
He just seems like a genuine, decent guy to me. Plus he is a strong challenger and is humorous about everything.
I agree he seems like a very nice guy but as far as his athletic skills I don't believe he has shown much

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.