TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: War of the Worlds (MTV) -- premieres 2/6/19

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-19, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Re: The Challenge: War of the Worlds (MTV) -- premieres 2/6/19

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I meant to put Sarah, but it appears that I have Jenna on the brain....
Don't we all.
Old 02-13-19, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Zack shows that he is still his immature self. He doesn't deserve Jenna and they will never last as a couple in the long run. He doesn't respect her and never will. She really needs to dump his ass but she won't because she lets herself get run over time and time again by they guys she has been with (at least the ones on the prior shows she has been on).

Amanda is Satan and I hope she leaves soon.

As much as Smashley gets on my nerves, Hunter is far worse. I was hoping he would get kicked off when he was acting ridiculous or that Smashley would win the game for them. That game should have been the first to three goals and not best of three. It went to kick and it was too much controlled by the way the ball bounces.
Old 02-14-19, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I enjoy how much Hunter despises Ashley and is willing to destroy himself as long as it it causes her misery. It may be like killing a mosquito with a pistol, but I really, really loathe that mosquito.

And I agree, what is wrong with Zack? And what is just as wrong with Jenna? He doesn't deserve her based on his plethora of stupid and immature actions, and yet she sticks around despite his plethora of stupid and immature actions.
Old 02-14-19, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I enjoy how much Hunter despises Ashley and is willing to destroy himself as long as it it causes her misery. It may be like killing a mosquito with a pistol, but I really, really loathe that mosquito.

And I agree, what is wrong with Zack? And what is just as wrong with Jenna? He doesn't deserve her based on his plethora of stupid and immature actions, and yet she sticks around despite his plethora of stupid and immature actions.
Well, Zack has a history of immaturity but I thought he was getting past that. Guess I was wrong.

As far as Jenna goes, she has a history of it. If you watched her original Real World episodes, she let a little goober run all over her the whole time (can't remember his name). She tends to love with her whole heart...and it seems it is usually to her detriment.
Old 02-14-19, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
As far as Jenna goes, she has a history of it. If you watched her original Real World episodes, she let a little goober run all over her the whole time (can't remember his name). She tends to love with her whole heart...and it seems it is usually to her detriment.
Oh yeah, she was dating that stubby loser guido-wanna-be...probably a DJ or something even more useless. As I recall he was no prize and yet he was treating her like crap. Go figure.

ETA: I looked him up and he was actually a "party promoter" which is of course a much higher calling. I stand corrected. I see he also made one appearance in a Challenge (which I now remember) and teamed with Jenna. They even made it to the final but got disqualified because he wouldn't drink a glass of something that every other player drank, and thus he and Jenna were disqualified and forfeited even the third place prize.

What the hell Jenna?

What...
the...
hell?

Last edited by Bill Needle; 02-14-19 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-14-19, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I forgot to mention that I had to google what the fuck "Bumble" was. Yes...I am that old.
Old 02-15-19, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I forgot to mention that I had to google what the fuck "Bumble" was. Yes...I am that old.
Could be worse...I thought they were saying "bubble" and had no idea until I read your post.
Old 02-15-19, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

Well, I hope we don't have to hear any more about Smashley and Hunter after that elimination. I'm interested to see who is eliminated next week.

I thought Zach had matured, but the episode just shows how much Zach sucks, but Jenna needs to stop dating these immature, loser guys. She's the only one that can determine her own happiness.
Old 02-21-19, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow! Bananas goes home early! It's always nice to see Johnny leave early, but I hate to see Morgan go. It was just dumb of Johnny to call out Zach for elimination. There were easier people to beat.
Old 02-21-19, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Johnny has never been the best at eliminations, he does pretty well on the events and then manipulates the people/game so he rarely has to go in elimination. I think he has a losing record on straight eliminations. I agree it was dumb choosing Zach for this, choose a less challenging team, get back in. Once he's back in use the Zach blunder to guilt Zach to helping him. I feel the challenge is starting to pass him by, unless he has a lot friends in the game. He is getting too old (by MTV standards) and the young kids on the show can't/don't relate to him and are looking to take out the big gun to make a name for themselves.

I am enjoying CTs facial expressions this season.
Old 02-21-19, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

His time is coming to an end. Unfortunately, MTV has not created any new "stars" to replace him, which is why he is so valuable. His conversation with Wes last night was telling. While he and Wes have never been allied, they would usually wait until later in the season to actually target each other because they are both hyper aware of the "TV show" aspect of the challenge, and they know their rivalry is good for the show. I guess it didn't matter to Wes this time.

Zach seemed defeated last night.
Old 02-21-19, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think Wes may retire after this season. He's married and runs a pretty successful business. Eliminating Bananas early could set him up to win his last Challenge.
Old 02-21-19, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
While he and Wes have never been allied, they would usually wait until later in the season to actually target each other because they are both hyper aware of the "TV show" aspect of the challenge, and they know their rivalry is good for the show. I guess it didn't matter to Wes this time.
Usually the two of them would set up their factions, knock out outliers, and then come for each other. I think Wes realized there are too many new faces/wild cards for that to work now. Literally half the people are new to the Challenge, and probably half of the "Alumni" have like 4 or less challenge experience, so the pool of people to have relationships/friendships/alliances built up over multiple challenges are small. Take out your enemy now when you have a chance....
Old 02-21-19, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Hopefully we'll get to see what happens with a tie vote from the tribunal sometime this season.
Old 02-21-19, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't think I was a Bananas fan, but I was a little bummed to see him go home already.

That whole sequence didn't seem right, and it almost seemed like he needed to (or wanted to) go home early.
Old 02-21-19, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by boogieman03
That whole sequence didn't seem right, and it almost seemed like he needed to (or wanted to) go home early.
Crossed my mind that Bananas orchestrated this with Zach to lowkey get himself ousted early. Basically show up, collect the nice appearance fee and peace out immediately.
Old 02-21-19, 10:23 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Oh yeah, she was dating that stubby loser guido-wanna-be...probably a DJ or something even more useless. As I recall he was no prize and yet he was treating her like crap. Go figure.

ETA: I looked him up and he was actually a "party promoter" which is of course a much higher calling. I stand corrected. I see he also made one appearance in a Challenge (which I now remember) and teamed with Jenna. They even made it to the final but got disqualified because he wouldn't drink a glass of something that every other player drank, and thus he and Jenna were disqualified and forfeited even the third place prize.

What the hell Jenna?

What...
the...
hell?
I remember that Challenge. He actually cried because he couldnt get the drink down & Jenna could. They lost because of him, it was pathetic
Old 02-28-19, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Three eliminations in Ashley, Bananas, and CT are gone. I thought CT would have beasted that, but he needs to go spend his off season in the gym.... Can someone please take Paulie or Kyle out so we don't have to hear about their drama again until the reunion?
Old 02-28-19, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Big Brother people are also getting sent home quickly. I think only Josh and Da'Vonne remain. How did Jozea miss out on this season?

Last edited by windom; 03-01-19 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-01-19, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Three eliminations in Ashley, Bananas, and CT are gone. I thought CT would have beasted that, but he needs to go spend his off season in the gym.... Can someone please take Paulie or Kyle out so we don't have to hear about their drama again until the reunion?
It wasn't an easy three person challenge. Once the one guy let go of his ring with Kyle, CT was the only one fighting on two sides. One on one, I think he still would have destroyed both of them.
Old 03-02-19, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
The Big Brother people are also getting sent home quickly. I think only Josh and Da'Vonne remain. How did Jozea miss out on this season?
Paulie is from BB. I saw Jozea in an Ex on the Beach commercial.
Old 03-02-19, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by leeta
Paulie is from BB. I saw Jozea in an Ex on the Beach commercial.
Duh, of course. I guess I associate Paulie more with The Challenge now. Morgan was also on Ex on the Beach with Jozea, so that couldn't be the reason he's not on this Challenge.
Old 03-02-19, 02:19 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
It wasn't an easy three person challenge. Once the one guy let go of his ring with Kyle, CT was the only one fighting on two sides. One on one, I think he still would have destroyed both of them.
Gym or no gym, CT has way more size on the both of them, especially Kyle. He should've dominated that elimination.
Old 03-02-19, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes, but if one of the other guy lets go of a ring to concentrate on you there's not much you can do about it. The fact that Kyle wasn't tied into a three person tug of war allowed him to do lots of contortions with his body to try to get that ring loose from CT.

I wonder if CT just should have let go of JP's ring and concentrated on taking away the shared Kyle's ring to try to get a reset. I guess it depends on what the rules were.
Old 03-08-19, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Zach was eliminated this week, but he shouldn't have picked Wes to go up against. This season has been pretty good so far, but Zach, Cara, and Bear were insufferable this episode.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.