Reload this Page >

True Detective (S3E01/02) -- 2 Hour Season Premiere -- 1/13/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

True Detective (S3E01/02) -- 2 Hour Season Premiere -- 1/13/19

Old 01-16-19, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: True Detective (S3E01/02) -- 2 Hour Season Premiere -- 1/13/19

I really like it so far. It's basically what I wanted season 2 to be. Ali is also awesome so there's that.
Old 01-18-19, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 4,053 Likes on 2,745 Posts

The Ringer's Chris Ryan and Jason Concepcion (two of the four people who did HBO's Watch The Thrones after-show) are doing a web-based after-show for this season of TD called The Flat Circle. They do somewhat of a deep-dive, digging up references and influences. Also touch on some of the social histories of the timelines. Not much I didn't already know being of a certain age, but some I was kind of unaware of. Worth a watch, IMO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OfyxjhCTBdE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5jpctkIJ6VU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-21-19, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 297 Likes on 248 Posts

Recently finished Episode 2 and I'm really enjoying this Season thus far.

Thematically it feels like there is a lot in common with Season without being overt or gratuitous.

Mahershala Ali has been fantastic thus far and I'm appreciated the early & developing relationship between his character (Wayne) and Stephen Dorff's (Roland).

It's a shame that Jeremy Saulnier (Blue Ruin, Green Room) exited the show after Directing the first two Episodes. I love his work and would have liked to see an entire Season directed by him.