Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Sex Education (Netflix) - Asa Butterfield, Emma Mackey, Gillian Anderson, Ncuti Gatwa

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sex Education (Netflix) - Asa Butterfield, Emma Mackey, Gillian Anderson, Ncuti Gatwa

Old 01-10-19, 08:06 AM

Today, Netflix unveils the premiere date and the first images of Sex Education, a distinctively honest and witty look at the universally awkward coming-of-age experience. Launching globally with eight, one-hour episodes on January 11, 2019, the dramedy delivers a healthy dose of nostalgia, taking you back to your high school days, with a fresh postmodern take on young adult life, friendships, and attitudes towards sex, identity, love and everything in between. Set in the fictional English town of Moordale and shot entirely in Wales, UK, Sex Education is a contemporary British love-letter to the classic American high-school story starring Asa Butterfield ("Ender's Game," "Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children" and Martin Scorsese's "Hugo") as Otis Milburn, the only child of two sex therapists, and award-winning actress Gillian Anderson ("The X-Files," "American Gods," "The Spy Who Dumped Me") as Jean Milburn, his mother, a larger-than-life sex therapist with no filter. Newcomers Ncuti Gatwa and Emma Mackey star in key roles throughout the series -- Gatwa as Otis' best friend "Eric" and Mackey as "Maeve," the mastermind behind Otis' underground sex therapy clinic. The series also features Kedar Williams-Stirling ("Jackson Monroe"), Aimee-Lou Wood ("Aimee Gibbs") and Connor Swindells ("Adam Groff") as Otis, Maeve and Eric's Moordale classmates.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
Aimee-Lou Wood
Asa Butterfield as Otis Milburn
Connor Swindells
Emma Mackey as Maeve
Gillian Anderson as Jean Milburn
Kedar Williams-Stirling
Ncuti Gatwa as Eric

CREW INFORMATION:
Ben Taylor as DIR
Jamie Campbell as EP
Kate Herron as DIR
Laurie Nunn as CRTR/EP
Sian Robins-Grace as CO-EP
Old 01-10-19, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Sex Education (Netflix) - Asa Butterfield, Emma Mackey, Gillian Anderson, Ncuti G

Sounds interesting. I'll give this a shot.
Old 01-13-19, 08:10 PM

Re: Sex Education (Netflix) - Asa Butterfield, Emma Mackey, Gillian Anderson, Ncuti G

I’ve watched a few episodes. Pretty good.
Old 01-14-19, 02:10 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Agreed -I've watched the first 2 and liked it, I'm a little confused at how it's like a mashup of UK School stuff and US School Stuff.

Gillian Anderson is great!
Old 01-14-19, 02:28 PM

Yea, this seems much more American than other UK things I've seen in the past.