Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Sex Education (Netflix) - Asa Butterfield, Emma Mackey, Gillian Anderson, Ncuti Gatwa

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sex Education (Netflix) - Asa Butterfield, Emma Mackey, Gillian Anderson, Ncuti Gatwa

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-20, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Sex Education (Netflix) - Asa Butterfield, Emma Mackey, Gillian Anderson, Ncuti Gatwa

Started watching this last weekend and only one episode left to go of season 1. The wife and i have really been enjoying it. Its very daring but also deals with some very real problems that a lot of people would rather shy away from. The first scene in episode one where the guy and girl are having sex caught our attention right away. Doesn't pull any punches from the get go, and i like that about it. I also find the cast does a pretty great job and Asa Butterfield in particular is great. The MVP of the series for me though is the soundtrack. So far i have heard two songs by "The The" and they are one of my all time favorite bands, but almost every single song or musical choice is spot on. Gonna start on season two this weekend and i expect it to continue its excellence.
Old 07-04-20, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts
Re: Sex Education (Netflix) - Asa Butterfield, Emma Mackey, Gillian Anderson, Ncuti Gatwa

Originally Posted by james2025a
Started watching this last weekend and only one episode left to go of season 1. The wife and i have really been enjoying it. Its very daring but also deals with some very real problems that a lot of people would rather shy away from. The first scene in episode one where the guy and girl are having sex caught our attention right away. Doesn't pull any punches from the get go, and i like that about it. I also find the cast does a pretty great job and Asa Butterfield in particular is great. The MVP of the series for me though is the soundtrack. So far i have heard two songs by "The The" and they are one of my all time favorite bands, but almost every single song or musical choice is spot on. Gonna start on season two this weekend and i expect it to continue its excellence.
Just finishing Season 1 and liking it more with every episode as the show delves deeper into the characters and really creates a world by fleshing out the supporting and recurring students.
The music is great, but it is odd that based on the soundtrack, I would think the show was set in the 1980s not the present.
Old 06-24-21, 08:45 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

The following users liked this post:
andicus (06-24-21)
Old 09-07-21, 07:57 PM

andicus (09-07-21)
Old 09-08-21, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Interesting that I didn't notice Gillian Anderson anywhere in the preview.
Old 09-08-21, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Interesting that I didn't notice Gillian Anderson anywhere in the preview.
Isn't that her at 1:48?
andicus (09-08-21)
Old 09-08-21, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Isn't that her at 1:48?
Yup, you're right! But jeez that was super brief relative to her past storylines/involvement.
Old 09-17-21, 12:22 PM

Season 3 is up.
andicus (09-17-21)
Old 09-18-21, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts

First episode was good!
Old 09-18-21, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Finished it. That was a rollercoaster of emotions. Hope there's a S4 and will be interesting how it will go and where it'll pick up.
Old 09-19-21, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Finished it. That was a rollercoaster of emotions. Hope there's a S4 and will be interesting how it will go and where it'll pick up.

I'm on episode 7 right now. Have they announced a fourth season already? I had heard months ago that season 3 was going to be the last.
Old 09-19-21, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by movieguru
I'm on episode 7 right now. Have they announced a fourth season already? I had heard months ago that season 3 was going to be the last.
Neither of those things has been announced.
Old 09-19-21, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by movieguru
I haven't heard anything, like Dex said. But if S3 is the end, then I could see how that might work.
Old 09-25-21, 05:20 PM

Renewed:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...Ttete0Eqo62zhg
andicus (10-24-21)
Old 09-26-21, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 389 Likes on 279 Posts

It was OK but you really need to suspend disbelief for this show to make any sort of sense. It goes beyond silly storylines a lot this season and nearly into farce. Without spoiling too much I can not imagine school administrators letting things get as out of hand as they do repeatedly where a competent adult could have stopped things more than once.
Old 09-27-21, 09:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

They went over the top with Hope and made her almost cartoon villain-like.
Old 09-27-21, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The whole Hope character was a total misfire, I pretty much thought she would not finish the season and the Dad/former Headmaster would be getting his job back. At first, I thought she was a student as she looks to be all of 30 and barely looks older than Maive, and she came out with that weird dance routine ep 1, then she turns into a total caricature of a bad villain. I mean how do you source that many school uniforms in 1 week? I also felt like Gillian Anderson was off this season too. I'll probably watch the next season and wonder why I watched it when it's over.
Old 09-30-21, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

I fucking love this show. I'm so invested in almost all the characters and want to see more. Hope could've been a little over the top but she was going through some personal stuff that is very hard on someone. Her biological clock is ticking. I just love this show.

I wonder what they will do for season 4. Will they go the route of X years in the future? I'm super curious...
Old 07-13-22, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

Lily and Ola won't be returning for season 4. The actress that plays Ola decided to pursue other acting opportunities. It looks like they decided not to have Lily back without Ola. https://www.ladbible.com/entertainme...ation-20220713
Old 07-13-22, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I saw that yesterday. I liked Tanya's Lily.
[email protected] (07-13-22)
Old 07-13-22, 09:05 AM

Eh... the cast needed to be trimmed a bit anyway.
Old 07-14-22, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Personally, I don't mind a large main cast as long as they all don't seem like clones of each other. Her character had a uniqueness to separate herself from the others.
[email protected] (07-14-22)
Old 07-14-22, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So is the new Dr. Who off of the show as well? I have to assume he would be focusing on that now.

Also, have to say I saw Maeve in I think it was Death on the Nile and she was so stunning it took me a minute to recognize her.
Old 07-14-22, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

As far as I know Eric is still returning. Simone Ashley is not returning after her breakout role in Bridgerton. A casting change would make sense if they're at a new school. If Moordale is really closed, then it's logical to think some students moved to different schools.
Old 08-19-22, 10:11 AM

Dan Levy has joined “Sex Education” Season 4 at Netflix.

Levy is one of seven new series regulars to join the cast of the new season. The others are: Thaddea Graham, Marie Reuther, Felix Mufti, Anthony Lexa, Alexandra James, and Imani Yahshua.

Levy will play Thomas Molloy, a famous author and Maeve’s (Emma Mackey) US course tutor at her Ivy League college. The character details for the other new additions to the cast are being kept under wraps.

In Season 4 of the popular series, following the closure of Moordale Secondary, Otis (Asa Butterfiield) and Eric (Ncuti Gatwa) now face a new frontier – their first day at Cavendish Sixth Form College. Otis is nervous about setting up his new clinic, whilst Eric is praying they won’t be losers again. But Cavendish is a culture shock for all the Moordale students – they thought they were progressive but this new college is another level. There’s daily yoga in the communal garden, a strong sustainability vibe and a group of kids who are popular for being… kind?! Viv (Chinenye Ezeudu) is totally thrown by the college’s student-led, non-competitive approach, while Jackson (Kedar Williams-Stirling) is still struggling to get over Cal (Dua Saleh). Aimee (Aimee-Lou Wood) tries something new by taking an Art A Level and Adam (Connor Swindells) grapples with whether mainstream education is for him. Over in the US, Maeve is living her dream at prestigious Wallace University, being taught by cult author Thomas Molloy. Otis is pining after her, whilst adjusting to not being an only child at home, or the only therapist on campus.
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/sex...evy-1235345702

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.