Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Fam (CBS) S: Nina Dobrev, Tone Bell, Odessa Adlon, Gary Cole -- premieres 1/10/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fam (CBS) S: Nina Dobrev, Tone Bell, Odessa Adlon, Gary Cole -- premieres 1/10/19

Old 01-10-19, 06:57 AM

NINA DOBREV AND TONE BELL STAR IN A NEW COMEDY ABOUT A WOMAN WHOSE VISION OF A PERFECT LIFE WITH HER ADORING FIANCé IS RADICALLY ALTERED WHEN HER 16-YEAR-OLD HALF-SISTER UNEXPECTEDLY COMES TO LIVE WITH THEM, ON THE SERIES PREMIERE OF "FAM," THURSDAY, JAN. 10

Odessa Adlon, Sheryl Lee Ralph and Brian Stokes Mitchell Also Star
Gary Cole Guest Stars as Clem and Shannon's Father, Freddy

"Pilot" - Nina Dobrev and Tone Bell star in a new comedy about Clem (Dobrev), a woman whose vision of a perfect life with her adoring fiancé, Nick (Bell), and his wonderful family is radically altered when her 16-year-old, out-of-control half-sister, Shannon (Odessa Adlon), unexpectedly comes to live with them, on the series premiere of FAM, Thursday, Jan. 10 (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Sheryl Lee Ralph and Brian Stokes Mitchell also star. Gary Cole guest stars as Clem's father, Freddy.

CHEAT TWEET: [email protected] and @tonebell star as a happily engaged couple in the new comedy #FAM! Watch the series premiere 1/10 9:30 PM #CBS @OdessaAdlon) @thesherylralph and @bstokesmitchell also star! http://bit.ly/2RPKqqDREGULAR

CAST:
Nina Dobrev (Clem)
Tone Bell (Nick)
Odessa Adlon (Shannon)
Sheryl Lee Ralph (Rose)
Brian Stokes Mitchell (Walt)

RECURRING CAST:
Gary Cole (Freddy)

GUEST CAST:
Brendan Calton (Evan)
Billy Malone (Officer Lopez)

WRITTEN BY:
Corinne Kingsbury

DIRECTED BY:
Scott Ellis
Old 01-10-19, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Fam (CBS) S: Nina Dobrev, Tone Bell, Odessa Adlon, Gary Cole -- premieres 1/10/19

this was so bad it made my anus bleed, that usually only happens when i drink a lot of tequila.
Old 01-10-19, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Fam (CBS) S: Nina Dobrev, Tone Bell, Odessa Adlon, Gary Cole -- premieres 1/10/19

Well, Gary Cole is in it.

Im not liking the lighting, the police station had a grey haze filter and the apartment has a light brown filter to it.
Like they didn’t have the budget for good lighting.

Someone said 99 looked murky, that’s probably a good description of what this show looks too.

Last edited by whotony; 01-10-19 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-11-19, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Great cast utterly wasted.
Old 01-11-19, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That was a combination Pilot and Series Finale for me.
Old 01-11-19, 11:51 AM

I saw it was to premier and thought about watching. However, the previews/ads shown during the earlier shows that evening, BBT, Young Sheldon, and Mom, actually made me decide not to even waste my time. Reading above confirmed my decision.
Old 02-18-19, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've watched 3 episodes online and so far I like it. No, it is not going to revolutionize TV comedy, but it has some laughs in it. My only problem is that there's a lot of hugging and learning.