DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   You're The Worst (FXX) -- Season 5 (Final Season) Thread -- premieres 1/9/19 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/646373-youre-worst-fxx-season-5-final-season-thread-premieres-1-9-19-a.html)

dex14 01-08-19 12:06 PM

You're The Worst (FXX) -- Season 5 (Final Season) Thread -- premieres 1/9/19

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...bc&oe=5C8FB23B

<iframe width="663" height="373" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yunwnR0cK30" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="663" height="373" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ne9xBSNFp7A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's time to raise a cup of trash juice and toast farewell to FXX's critically acclaimed, anti-romantic comedy, You're the Worst. The fifth and final season of You're the Worst will premiere on Wednesday, January 9 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FXX, it was announced today by Chuck Saftler, President, Program Strategy and COO, FX Networks. You're the Worst is a modern look at love and happiness told through the eyes of two people who haven't been very successful with either. It's the story of Gretchen and Jimmy, fear, heartbreak, romance, sex, food, Los Angeles, Sunday Funday, friendship, and the fact that sometimes the worst people make the best partners. An original comedy from writer and executive producer Stephen Falk, You're the Worst puts a dark twist on the romantic comedy genre. Narcissistic, brash, and stubborn "Jimmy Shive-Overly" (Chris Geere) has inadvertently found himself paired up with cynical, people-pleasing, and self-destructive "Gretchen Cutler" (Aya Cash). After a whirlwind courtship, and a very rough post-cohabitation period of dealing with Gretchen's clinical depression, Jimmy and Gretchen were forced to learn how to manage a relationship in the face of tragedy when Jimmy's father unexpectedly died. Ultimately drawn closer, Jimmy proposed and then suddenly disappeared when confronted with the notion that Gretchen would be his family. After a prolonged period of separation, Jimmy and Gretchen are in it for the long haul now... at least they think they are. Maybe. Rounding out the cast is Desmin Borges, who plays "Edgar Quintero," Jimmy's once homeless war veteran roommate who, having recently learned to manage his PTSD, is now firmly entrenched in the world of television comedy writing; and Kether Donohue as "Lindsay Jillian," Gretchen's best friend and former partner in crime who, after conquering the corporate world, finds herself yearning for love again.

DVD Josh 01-08-19 12:38 PM

Re: You're The Worst (FXX) -- Season 5 (Final Season) Thread -- premieres 1/9/19

I love this show. I binged the entire thing on HULU in a week. It may be that I'm ridiculously attracted to Kether too. This is like what Seinfeld and Friends would be if they were all strung out on crack and forced to give back alley handjobs for survival money.

I will definitely be buying the complete series when released.

DJariya 01-08-19 01:04 PM

Re: You're The Worst (FXX) -- Season 5 (Final Season) Thread -- premieres 1/9/19

This sort of dropped off my viewing schedule around season 3. I'd like to catch up eventually to finish it. Not sure if it's been mentioned, did anyone notice how Aya Cash's eyebrows turned really weird? I recall early in the show's run she looked fine. Then out of the blue her eyebrows starting standing out like a sore thumb. It looked like she had 2 furry caterpillars on her head.

dex14 01-08-19 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13476200)
This sort of dropped off my viewing schedule around season 3. I'd like to catch up eventually to finish it. Not sure if it's been mentioned, did anyone notice how Aya Cash's eyebrows turned really weird? I recall early in the show's run she looked fine. Then out of the blue her eyebrows starting standing out like a sore thumb. It looked like she had 2 furry caterpillars on her head.

Yea, it was brought up last year. She looked rough.

DVD Josh 01-08-19 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13476210)
Yea, it was brought up last year. She looked rough.

But it fit what she was going through on the show. Same with Kether. She's noticeably bigger (not that I mind at all, I think she's a smoke show) but I think that's intentional.

Geofferson 01-08-19 01:46 PM

Still need to watch season 4, but will get to this latest season eventually.

dex14 01-08-19 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh (Post 13476240)
But it fit what she was going through on the show. Same with Kether. She's noticeably bigger (not that I mind at all, I think she's a smoke show) but I think that's intentional.

I definitely do not that think it was intentional for the show.

The Cow 01-08-19 02:15 PM

I thought last season was a step down from prior, due mostly to the scattered stories of the different characters. Hopefully, they bring them back together more this season.

Decker 01-08-19 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh (Post 13476240)
But it fit what she was going through on the show. Same with Kether. She's noticeably bigger (not that I mind at all, I think she's a smoke show) .

https://imgix.bustle.com/uploads/ima..._402_1162r.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/X2aiLUBFErU/maxresdefault.jpg

dex14 01-08-19 02:42 PM

Decker on fire with the gifs/pics/memes lately! :lol:

Deftones 01-08-19 05:45 PM

Can't wait. One of my fav comedies of the past decade or so.

Deftones 01-10-19 02:18 PM

That was a weird opening episode. Took me a while to figure out what the fuck was going on. I did enjoy what was going on after I understood it. :lol:

JeffTheAlpaca 01-11-19 05:37 PM

The guy working at the video store was funny

Deftones 01-17-19 10:26 AM

Jesus, Lindsay got huge!

Jimmy being pissed off they are hiring a screenwriter for the movie from his book. Gretchen masturbating with the toilet. :lol:

Coral 01-17-19 09:46 PM

The majority of weight Lindsay packed on was last season, but she did add a little more since then.
And yes, I would definitely bang the living snot out of her.

This weeks episode was much better than last week.

DVD Josh 01-18-19 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Coral (Post 13482711)
The majority of weight Lindsay packed on was last season, but she did add a little more since then.
And yes, I would definitely bang the living snot out of her.

This weeks episode was much better than last week.

Don't care. I would marry Kether tomorrow and get as fat as she wants to with her. She's gorgeous and hilarious. We'd have alot of fun together.

Deftones 01-31-19 11:09 AM

Tasting his own cum. rotfl

Lindsay smelling the money and wanting to suck Jimmy's dick. :lol:

WTF was that flash forward?????

dex14 01-31-19 11:30 AM

Cum-hungry jizz goblin.

dex14 02-20-19 09:12 PM

Shivakamini Somakandarkram!!!!!!

Coral 02-20-19 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13504134)
Shivakamini Somakandarkram!!!!!!

I thought Gretchen was going to have a Shiva fantasy, just like Jenny did.

I liked that Jimmy gave a BJ in the same seat under the same setting as Gretchen did when giving Jimmy a BJ in the first episode.

Deftones 02-21-19 12:13 PM

Holy shit this episode is awesome.

boogieman03 02-21-19 03:20 PM

So it didn't really register what she was trying to do at the end. Was she trying to OD by taking all those pills?

DWilson 02-21-19 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by boogieman03 (Post 13504596)
So it didn't really register what she was trying to do at the end. Was she trying to OD by taking all those pills?

As with most episodes this season, they just want to end with a question in your mind (much like the flash-forwards).

Deftones 02-28-19 09:33 AM

They probably have a sandwich bar with all the fixins. I can't even imagine. :lol:

Becca looked pretty banging in that swim suit.

I seriously would watch a spin off with Paul, Vernon and Becca. I love these episodes.

dex14 02-28-19 03:45 PM

That was creepier than The Handmaid’s Tale. :lol: