Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

I Am the Night (TNT) -- limited series -- S: Pine, Eisley; EP: Jenkins -- 1/28/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

I Am the Night (TNT) -- limited series -- S: Pine, Eisley; EP: Jenkins -- 1/28/19

Old 01-08-19, 07:39 AM

From executive producer Patty Jenkins (Wonder Woman), I Am the Night tells the incredible story of Fauna Hodel (India Eisley) who was given away at birth. As Fauna begins to investigate the secrets to her past, she follows a sinister trail that swirls ever closer to an infamous Hollywood gynecologist, Dr. George Hodel (Jefferson Mays), a man involved in the darkest Hollywood debauchery. Chris Pine plays Jay Singletary, a former Marine-turned-hack-reporter/paparazzo.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
Arlen Escarpeta as Xander
Chris Pine as Jay Singletary
Connie Nielsen as Corinna Hodel
Dylan Smith as Sepp
Golden Brooks as Jimmy Lee
India Eisley as Fauna Hodel
Jay Paulson as Ohls
Jefferson Mays as George Hodel
Justin Cornwell as Terrence Shye
Leland Orser as Peter Sullivan
Monique Green as Nina
Shoniqua Shondai as Tina
Yul Vazquez as Billis

CREW INFORMATION:
Carl Franklin as EP/DIR
Chris Pine as EP
Fauna Hodel as BOOK
Michael Sugar as EP
Patty Jenkins as EP/DIR (Pilot)
Sam Sheridan as CRTR/EP
Vic Mahoney as DIR
This looks really good.
Old 01-08-19, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: I Am the Night (TNT) -- limited series -- S: Pine, Eisley; EP: Jenkins -- 1/28/19

I'm looking forward to this. It looks like they filmed this in late 2017/early 2018 when Jenkins and Pine had down time after Wonder Woman.
Old 01-08-19, 01:47 PM

Re: I Am the Night (TNT) -- limited series -- S: Pine, Eisley; EP: Jenkins -- 1/28/19

Yeah, this looks pretty good. Consider me in for this as well.
Old 01-08-19, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wikipage on this Dr. George Hodel:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Hill_Hodel
Old 01-27-19, 12:07 PM

"Official premiere" is tomorrow, but there is sneak peak airing of the first episode tonight.
Old 01-29-19, 12:28 PM

I didn't think much of the first episode. And the acting was pretty bad.
Old 01-29-19, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I also watched this last night. Pacing was a problem. It took a really long time to get any kind of story progression. Pine's character was very unlikable. He was actually kind of a loser.

I saw that Patty Jenkins husband is actually the writer & creator of this series. Hopefully episode 2 moves at a better pace.
Old 01-29-19, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So is this skippable? I'm trying to cut down on my TV watching, but I do like stories about the Black Dahlia, and that India Eisley sure is easy on the eyes (good genes I imagine...)
Old 01-29-19, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Paff View Post
So is this skippable? I'm trying to cut down on my TV watching, but I do like stories about the Black Dahlia, and that India Eisley sure is easy on the eyes (good genes I imagine...)
It's only a 6 episode series. Depends if you have the time or not. Sounds like you don't. But it's up to you. If you're just going to let the 6 episodes build up, chances are you're probably not going to watch them.
Old 01-29-19, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't think much of the first episode. They must have purposely trashed Chris Pine's looks in this series. I barely recognized him when he first appeared.
Old 01-30-19, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
I didn't think much of the first episode. They must have purposely trashed Chris Pine's looks in this series. I barely recognized him when he first appeared.
I had the exact same thoughts. It took me a double take. My girlfriend said well he isn't as gook looking as he once was.

But verrrrrryyyyyy slow first episode. I will probably catch the remaining 5 because the gal wants to see it. This would work better if I could binge it I think.
Old 04-18-19, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

FYI, this is now available on Hulu for those who passed or didn't have time to watch back in January.
Old 04-19-19, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It was OK overall. My fiance liked it better than me.