DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Masked Singer (FOX) -- celebrity singing game show (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/646292-masked-singer-fox-celebrity-singing-game-show.html)

whotony 02-07-19 09:49 AM

Re: The Masked Singer (FOX) -- celebrity singing game show

Peacock does sound like NPH when he talks but Donnie Osmond when he sings but how would the rainbow go with Osnond?
Also,the wig and jail?

ok I did a little,google and it’s clear who peacock is to me now.

RichC2 02-07-19 09:58 AM

I've never heard T-Pain without auto-tune, so I can't comment on that one. Seems like a stretch, his only recent credit is a spot on We Bare Bears.

fujishig 02-07-19 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Rob V (Post 13494677)
If they're pulling in boy band members from the 90s, they're going to lose a ton of the audience. Yeah, I know one or two of these guys but if it isn't the "front man" I have no idea who they are and neither do my kids (who always wind up saying "who is that?")

My kids just watch with us for the silly costumes and performances, they have no idea who any of these people are (though to be fair neither do the judges going by their guesses).

I'm not even sure if my kids were older who they would know. Maybe Antonio Brown, since he's on the cover of Madden, but who in the world would have recognized his voice?

Also, is the show rigged? I mean they had this ensemble performance with like four of them, they had to practice that, right? So they had to know who was going to be around for that.

DWilson 02-07-19 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 13496577)
Peacock does sound like NPH when he talks but Donnie Osmond when he sings but how would the rainbow go with Osnond?
Also,the wig and jail?

The "rainbow" was the "Technicolor Dreamcoat".

windom 02-07-19 11:36 AM

I still don't get what "serious roles" Donny Osmond has done though. Looking at IMDB, I don't see anything that would be a considered a serious role. Maybe on stage? Is Joseph considered a serious role?

General Zod 02-07-19 01:40 PM

I'm still going against the grain and thinking The Bee is Tina Turner.

The Cow 02-07-19 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by General Zod (Post 13496769)

If you look back that's what I originally thought as well until I read up on her recent health history. From wikipedia:

Turner stated in her 2018 memoir Tina Turner: My Love Story that she had suffered life-threatening illnesses. In 2013, three weeks after her wedding to Erwin Bach, she suffered a stroke and had to learn to walk again. In 2016, she was diagnosed with intestinal cancer. Turner opted for homeopathic remedies to treat her high blood pressure that resulted in damage to her kidneys and eventual kidney failure. Her chances of receiving a kidney were low, and she was urged to start dialysis. Turner considered assisted suicide and signed up to be a member of Exit, but Bach offered to donate a kidney for her transplant; the transplant took place on April 7, 2017

Goldberg74 02-07-19 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 13496577)
Also,the wig and jail?

it’s Donnie... he was the lead in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and the revealing object was his wig from that show.

Goldberg74 02-07-19 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by General Zod (Post 13496769)

Nope, it’s Gladys Knight. Can’t bee anyone else. 😉

General Zod 02-14-19 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by The Cow (Post 13496826)
If you look back that's what I originally thought as well until I read up on her recent health history. From wikipedia:

Wow thanks for posting this. I had not idea she had been going through so much.

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 (Post 13497020)
Nope, it’s Gladys Knight. Can’t bee anyone else. 😉

Yeah after last night I must agree, They sure do sound alike.

whotony 02-14-19 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 (Post 13497019)

it’s Donnie... he was the lead in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and the revealing object was his wig from that show.

Yeah guys I mentioned that I knew who it was I just didn’t include who it was because it’s ptetty obvious I thought.

emachine12 02-14-19 05:17 PM

At this point, I’m feeling like they over Americanized the show with scripts written for the judges. A lot of fhe guesses, defenses, and reactions seem so staged. No one is that oblivious to guess the wrong body shapes or height.

IDrinkMolson 02-14-19 06:24 PM

Glad I was right on The Alien because I got spoilered twice today before I got to watch it! On Google Chrome on iPhone/iPad (not desktop version) when you open a new tab they give you a list of 'stories you might be interested' and of course one of them had who got unmasked. Then I was in a waiting room later and Latoya was on a talk show talking about it. lol

I love JB Smoove. Everything he is on he just cracks me up.

RichC2 02-14-19 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by emachine12 (Post 13500981)
At this point, I’m feeling like they over Americanized the show with scripts written for the judges. A lot of fhe guesses, defenses, and reactions seem so staged. No one is that oblivious to guess the wrong body shapes or height.

Since this was all shot months ago, I'm sure they'll take some of it into consideration.

Hopefully.

Goldberg74 02-20-19 11:31 PM

Lion and Rabbit are unmasked. I was right about both.

Bee, Peacock, and Monster are left... and I think Monster’s gonna walk away with the Golden Mask.

windom 02-20-19 11:40 PM

So the finale needs 2 hours to unmask the final 3?

RichC2 02-21-19 10:49 AM

Needs? Hell no. Milking for what's Fox's highest rated series in years? Absolutely.

Pulled a 2.6 in the demo and an 8.22 million viewers last night. And it was #1 in the demo for all of last week. Impressive.

Deftones 02-21-19 08:19 PM

Rumer Willis? Wow, would've never guessed that. She's pretty good singer. Joey Fatone was decent singer, but far more of an entertainer.

I think this is the Bee's to lose, although the Monster could be a dark horse. He should've saved that Sam Smith song for next week. That was the best performance of the season, IMHO.

Josh-da-man 02-22-19 02:15 PM

Since all of the early “guesses” have been correct, I wonder if they weren’t actually spoilers that got leaked.

windom 02-22-19 03:44 PM

They sure seem to be making people think the peacock is NPH, like how he mentioned "his partner" but then he also mentioned his last album. Jenny was still guessing NPH after that. Does she think NPH has put out albums?

I wonder if the hosts get to do research after each episode, or do they just shoot them too fast for that.

DWilson 02-27-19 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by windom (Post 13504183)
So the finale needs 2 hours to unmask the final 3?

According to my DVR, the first hour is "The Road to the Finale" ( or something like that).

TGM 02-27-19 07:04 AM

they will make sure the Bee wins this.

RichC2 02-27-19 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by TGM (Post 13507592)
they will make sure the Bee wins this.

Probably a requirement for her to sign up

RichC2 02-27-19 07:55 PM

The little hint for Monster confirmed he's
Spoiler:
T-Pain (I'm on a boat motherfucker don't you ever forget)

The other two are pretty much locked as well.

Edit: Yep on those two

windom 02-27-19 09:13 PM

Unfortunately, there were no true surprises since Tommy Chong if you've been keeping up with speculation online.