Reload this Page >

The Ellen DeGenereres Show

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 12-12-18, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

Maybe not a huge following here but I would watch occasionally when she has a good guest.

Maybe she is the biggest and most popular daytime host once Oprah retired.

Ellen DeGeneres is considering ending her run on daytime talk.
DeGeneres told the New York Times in a new interview that she's mulling what to do once her contract comes to an end in 2020.

DeGeneres renewed her deal in 2016 but had been "close to declining" the offer that would have kept her in front of daytime audiences through Season 17, according to the Times.

The comedian and host reportedly is torn between advice given to her from two significant people in her life: her brother and her wife, actress Portia de Rossi.

"She (de Rossi) gets mad when my brother tells me I can't stop," DeGeneres told the Times.

De Rossi, meanwhile, told the Times that she believes her wife has "other things she could tackle."

"The Ellen DeGeneres Show" has won 57 daytime Emmys since its debut in 2003.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/12/enter...how/index.html

Old 12-12-18, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Location: Formerly known as L. Ron zyzzle - On a cloud of Judgement
Received 1,821 Likes on 1,222 Posts
re: The Ellen DeGenereres Show

I don't watch talk shows, but truly admire DeGeneres for her talent, positivity, and what she's done for the LGBT movement.

That said, yeah girl, do something else!
Old 12-12-18, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Usually these are nothing more than ploy for more money.
Old 12-12-18, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Usually these are nothing more than ploy for more money.
Yep. She pulling off a Jay Leno.
Old 12-12-18, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Maybe she'll be able to adopt more dogs now.
Old 12-12-18, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

She doesn't need the money. Her net worth is $450 million. I'm a huge fan of Ellen, she's my all-time favorite female comedian. I tried watching her talk show for a year or so and had to stop. It wasn't for me. I wouldn't mind if she continued doing that but she quit her other job to do it. Stand up. Which is criminal. That's where she shined the most (IMO). And other than those "Nemo" movies, she doesn't even act any more. I'm looking forward to her Netflix stand up special. Whenever that is. It was announced well over a year ago and there has been absolutely no update or news about it ever since.
Old 12-13-18, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen a lot of ePress about her Netflix special, which hits December 18, 2018.
Old 12-13-18, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Heard she's a tyrant to work for. Nobody I know that has worked on her show has had a good experience. Also know a guy that worked on her house. Just not a pleasant person. Said Portia was really nice although Ellen demanded that Portia not speak to the crew working on their house.
Old 12-13-18, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

She's 60, worth half a billion and has a still cute wife. She can do literally anything she wants.
Old 12-13-18, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC
I've seen a lot of ePress about her Netflix special, which hits December 18, 2018.
Thank you x 3 for posting this. I have literally done a Google search for news about this maybe once a week and came up empty.
Old 12-13-18, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
Heard she's a tyrant to work for. Nobody I know that has worked on her show has had a good experience. Also know a guy that worked on her house. Just not a pleasant person. Said Portia was really nice although Ellen demanded that Portia not speak to the crew working on their house.
Really with all the charity work she does?

Rachael Ray seems to be all cheery and perky but probably a B behind the scenes.
Old 12-14-18, 01:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boondock Saint

Yep I have heard and read this countless time. I’ve heard she is a huge **** and nothing like the portrays on tv
Old 12-14-18, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Rachael Ray seems to be all cheery and perky but probably a B behind the scenes.
I worked with Rachel one time, she was nice, but she was all about knocking out the work as fast as she could. I could see her not being very nice if she didn't get her way or if production was slow that day...
Old 12-15-18, 09:00 AM

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Redeyejoker
Yep I have heard and read this countless time. I’ve heard she is a huge **** and nothing like the portrays on tv
I've also dealt with her on a project at her house along with her staff.

Yes, she is demanding. She knows what she wants and she expects it. I don't think that means she is a bitch. Like they say, if a man acts that way they call him a shrewd effective businessman.

Like many superrich people, when it comes time to payments they want to cut their bill down to the bare minimum when what they are paying is pocket change. That attitude is probably why they got to where they are.

She has made it clear that the 'nice' person she portrays on the talk show is a character and that it is not the real her.

I can't imagine having to act that way 24/7 so I'm glad to hear it. It actually makes her seem more normal.
Old 12-15-18, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Yeah, they didn't get to where they're at just by being super nice people. They can't all be Keanu Reeves.
Old 04-23-20, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow I guess she is not the really nice and friendly person that we see on TV

The talk-show host Ellen DeGeneres has long been considered a beloved celebrity for her friendly and funny public demeanor. But in 2020, that all could change as complaints of inconsiderate behavior have popped up in recent news stories.

The Dutch beauty YouTuber Nikkie de Jager, also known as NikkieTutorials, was one of the first people to call out DeGeneres, saying on a talk show in her home country that the beloved host was "cold and distant" during de Jager's appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."

In April, a Twitter thread asking for stories about DeGeneres being "one of the meanest people alive" was widely shared, garnering more than 2,000 replies of people describing uncomfortable or off-putting experiences with the host.

Crew members for "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" also spoke out this month, saying they had not received any communication from DeGeneres or show executives about their pay or working hours during the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.insider.com/ellen-degene...imeline-2020-4
Old 04-23-20, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Sounds like she wasn't treated like an A-list star she thinks she is.
Old 04-23-20, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 380 Likes on 306 Posts

I don't know anything about Nickie.. but she sounds a tad soft and a bit millenial-ish in her "plight". Maybe Nickie is a completely vapid and ignorant guest?
That said, I don't know Ellen other than some 5 minute blurbs on her late night game show.... oh, and she's Dory!
Old 04-23-20, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Johnny Carson was one of the biggest A-holes off camera, but he was the King of Late Night. I think most people like Carson and Ellen get to a certain status, and you just feel entitled to do anything you want. I would vouch to say most Hollywood people in general are probably a bunch of entitled jerkoffs too (part of the reason is they aren't self aware of anything living in their bubble), and every once in awhile you see a genuine/nice actor who really is genuine/nice.
Old 04-23-20, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

Surprised it took this long..she sat next to George W what back in October?
Old 04-23-20, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Surprised it took this long..she sat next to George W what back in October?
OMG!!!! She sat and talked to a Republican President!!! Burn her at the stake!! How dare she!!!!
Old 04-23-20, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Old 04-23-20, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 945 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnabb
Johnny Carson was one of the biggest A-holes off camera, but he was the King of Late Night. I think most people like Carson and Ellen get to a certain status, and you just feel entitled to do anything you want. I would vouch to say most Hollywood people in general are probably a bunch of entitled jerkoffs too (part of the reason is they aren't self aware of anything living in their bubble), and every once in awhile you see a genuine/nice actor who really is genuine/nice.
Sorta off topic, but the one actor (who is not A-list by any means, which may explain this) that fits the description of "nice" is also an Ellen. But not Ellen DeGeneres, it's Ellen Wong (aka "Knives Chau" in the Scott Pilgrim movie). She was a guest at a film festival I work, and she quickly realized she'd rather hang out with the festival staff members instead of the other celebrities we had that year. I met her at a staff party, where she came up to me and introduced herself. Really cool person.[/i]

Old 04-23-20, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rob V
I don't know anything about Nickie.. but she sounds a tad soft and a bit millenial-ish in her "plight". Maybe Nickie is a completely vapid and ignorant guest?
That said, I don't know Ellen other than some 5 minute blurbs on her late night game show.... oh, and she's Dory!

That is probably true about Nickie some hack celebrity.

Maybe it is just me but comedians seem like the biggest douchebags when it comes to celebrities.
Old 04-24-20, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Worst kept secret since Rosie O'Donnell came out as an insufferable bitch.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.