Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S4E08) - Fall Finale - "Legends of To-Meow-Meow" - 12/10/18

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S4E08) - Fall Finale - "Legends of To-Meow-Meow" - 12/10/18

Old 03-25-19, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S4E08) - Fall Finale - "Legends of To-Meow-Meow" - 12/10/18

Never really understood the massive love the show gets. It's typically alright, but at it's best it's still far below the average Arrow and Flash episodes. In my opinion, LoT is only good when it embraces the cheese-fest and doesn't take itself seriously which might be why it doesn't work too well for me, since I've never been one to take very highly to cheese-type shows. It always only seems to remain slightly good enough to prevent me from dropping the show... but it's still typically the weakest of the CW superhero shows.

Mick's one-liners and Constantine's presence were the highlight of last season.
Old 03-25-19, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S4E08) - Fall Finale - "Legends of To-Meow-Meow" - 12/10/18

Originally Posted by Koby
Never really understood the massive love the show gets. It's typically alright, but at it's best it's still far below the average Arrow and Flash episodes. In my opinion, LoT is only good when it embraces the cheese-fest and doesn't take itself seriously which might be why it doesn't work too well for me, since I've never been one to take very highly to cheese-type shows. It always only seems to remain slightly good enough to prevent me from dropping the show... but it's still typically the weakest of the CW superhero shows.

Mick's one-liners and Constantine's presence were the highlight of last season.
Yeah, that’s your opinion. They could cancel all the other Arrowverse next after the crossover for all I care this is the only show that is still consistently good.
Old 03-25-19, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by actionjackson29

Yeah, that’s your opinion.
Of course it's my opinion, did you expect me to share someone else's opinion instead of my own? That's the entire point of the thread, you share your opinion, I share mine, and things are discussed. Not sure what you expected.
Old 03-25-19, 09:03 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Hopefully they'll use Constantine a little bit more now.
Old 03-25-19, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Originally Posted by Koby
Never really understood the massive love the show gets. It's typically alright, but at it's best it's still far below the average Arrow and Flash episodes. In my opinion, LoT is only good when it embraces the cheese-fest and doesn't take itself seriously which might be why it doesn't work too well for me, since I've never been one to take very highly to cheese-type shows.
The cast, especially Dominic Purcell did not like the show when it was serious (Season 1). Dominic Purcell said recently that he hated season 1. They love it now that it's gone campy with humor. Your opinion is obviously in the minority, but I think when the cast now embraces the direction of the series, it's a good thing.
Old 03-25-19, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
The cast, especially Dominic Purcell did not like the show when it was serious (Season 1). Dominic Purcell said recently that he hated season 1. They love it now that it's gone campy with humor. Your opinion is obviously in the minority, but I think when the cast now embraces the direction of the series, it's a good thing.
Pretty sure very few people actually liked season 1. Season 2 was definitely much better and saved the show. Like I said, the show is definitely better off when it's not trying to be overly serious. So I do agree with the majority in that.
Old 03-26-19, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 601 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by actionjackson29

Yeah, that’s your opinion. They could cancel all the other Arrowverse next after the crossover for all I care this is the only show that is still consistently good.
Amen. It's consistently good because it doesn't take itself so seriously like those other shows do.
Old 03-26-19, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

LOT is hit or miss for me. It is at its best when it's a spoof of superhero tropes, but the show has all but dropped any pretense of being an adventure show about superheroes. They've gone overboard with the Time Bureau stuff, which I've never found that interesting. If all those characters never appeared again, it wouldn't bother me. Stop ripping off Dr. Who and get back to real DC action.

A lot of credible rumors indicate LOT probably isn't coming back after Crisis next season.
Old 03-28-19, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 115 Likes on 69 Posts

Lotz looks cute in the SUPERGIRL outfit.