Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars: Andor (Disney+) -- news, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Star Wars: Andor (Disney+) -- news, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-22, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,100 Likes on 796 Posts
Re: Star Wars: Andor (Disney+) -- news, rumors, etc.

Andor is now available on Hulu for the next two weeks.
Old 11-23-22, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

... waiting for the exclusive merchandise of the 4U-1U droid ...
Old 11-24-22, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,100 Likes on 796 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Andor is now available on Hulu for the next two weeks.
Sorry, just the first two episodes are there. I think this is a "whet your appetite" preview to get more Disney+ subscribers.
Old 11-24-22, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Sorry, just the first two episodes are there. I think this is a "whet your appetite" preview to get more Disney+ subscribers.
They should have included episode 3 if they wanted to get people into the show. But instead it sounds like they wanted to make people feel like they need to see the conclusion of those 2 episodes.
Old 04-07-23, 07:21 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Updates from SW Celebration currently going on:
Luscasfilm unveiled its first look at Season 2 of its Disney+ series “Andor” on Friday as part of the Star Wars Celebration fan convention in London.

The 12-episode first season of “Andor,” created and executive produced by “Rogue One” co-writer Tony Gilroy, debuted in September to wide acclaim for its sprawling, ground-level depiction of the formation of the Rebel Alliance. Set five years before the events of “Rogue One,” the first season tracks a year in the life of Cassian Andor (Diego Luna) as he transforms from a cynical, small-time criminal into a man ready to join the fight against the Galactic Empire.

Gilroy explained on Friday that the team is working as quickly as possible to get Season 2 done. Shooting began in November and is expected to wrap in August. The creator predicted the show will hit Disney+ in August 2024.

“If you know your ending, it really helps,” said Gilroy. “We know exactly where we’re going. You know what you have to deliver emotionally and what the story has to do. It’s a decision borne of survival, but it’s good for us creatively.”

Season 2 footage revealed at the event showed Mon Mothma trying to rally a rebellion. Villain Syril Karn (Kyle Soller) also seems to have a bigger role in the show. Meanwhile, Luna’s Cassian Andor was shown with a new hairdo. Season 2 introduces a number of new characters.

The next season of “Andor” is expected to unfold in a much different format from Season 1. Luna is returning, along with Stellan Skarsgård, Genevieve O’Reilly, Kyle Soller, Adria Arjona, Denise Gough, Faye Marsay and Varada Sethu. But rather than take place over a year, the 12-episode season will take place over four years leading up to right before the events of “Rogue One,” in three-episode pods written and directed by the same team. Each of those pods will encapsulate a successive number of days within one of those years.

Fans have long anticipated that Season 2 will depict how Cassian found and reprogramed the Imperial droid K-2SO, voiced by Alan Tudyk in “Rogue One.”
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/sta...ok-1235573377/
Old 04-07-23, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Wow, no wonder Diego Luna said he was burnt out. By the time they finish filming it will have been 9 months of shooting and he's probably in every single episode.
Old 04-07-23, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Gilroy and Luna are currently up on the live stream. If you can’t see it, the segment will probably be dropped later.
Old 04-07-23, 11:26 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Gilroy and Luna are currently up on the live stream. If you can’t see it, the segment will probably be dropped later.
I liked having the two of them on stage vs the seven of them on the big stage earlier. Sure Andor looked, sounded, dressed, and felt different than any other Star Wars property, but Tony’s writing and Diego’s acting were brilliant!
Old 04-07-23, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

I very much enjoyed the first season of Andor, but I do have concerns about season two.

The first season of Andor was a slow burn... almost Game of Thrones-like in scope... and I initially thought it moved too slowly, but I think it worked out well in the end.

My biggest concern about season two is that is going to be too compressed. I believe that the original plan was for five seasons, with each season covering one year up until Rogue One. So, since they are only going to make one more season, it's going to be twelve episodes covering four years, probably three episodes per year. That's a huge break from the slow-burn season one, and I don't know if they'll be able to make the same kind of series with the same depth that season one had. I kind of wish they had been able to do something differently, like four more shorter seasons of, maybe, six or eight episodes each.

Old 04-08-23, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I very much enjoyed the first season of Andor, but I do have concerns about season two.

The first season of Andor was a slow burn... almost Game of Thrones-like in scope... and I initially thought it moved too slowly, but I think it worked out well in the end.

My biggest concern about season two is that is going to be too compressed. I believe that the original plan was for five seasons, with each season covering one year up until Rogue One. So, since they are only going to make one more season, it's going to be twelve episodes covering four years, probably three episodes per year. That's a huge break from the slow-burn season one, and I don't know if they'll be able to make the same kind of series with the same depth that season one had. I kind of wish they had been able to do something differently, like four more shorter seasons of, maybe, six or eight episodes each.
They have stated the each "year" will actually concentrate on a specific "event" and not necessarily compress a full year into 3 episodes. I mean, they kind of did this with year one with mini-arcs within the larger story.

Has anyone found a complete video of the teaser footage? If it's like the Ahsoka footage I saw last year it was probably put together just for Celebration. None of the footage we saw for Ahsoka in Anaheim was in the new trailer, so I suspect the same for the Andor footage.
Old 04-10-23, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
They should have included episode 3 if they wanted to get people into the show. But instead it sounds like they wanted to make people feel like they need to see the conclusion of those 2 episodes.
Which is sad, because I bailed on the show until it was completely over because the first two episodes were pretty 'meh'
Old 04-19-23, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I didn't bail on the show but I started it, watched first two episodes and then stopped because of life. Finally got around to finishing it. Amazing. It was like 3 separate shows in one. It really gave me a Blade Runner vibe but I think a lot of that had to do with the synth music playing. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the return.
Old 04-19-23, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 826 Likes on 547 Posts

I just started this over the weekend. I was pretty bored during the first episode so I regulated it to background tv. I’m on the episode where he’s in the clink building the Death Star parts. Now I need to start over because this is very well done.
Old 05-10-23, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Tony Gilroy has ceased all producing on the show. A writer accused him of being a scab by staying on set as a producer, so he left the set entirely.

Old 05-10-23, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Good to hear.

Hopefully they'll pause the whole thing.
Old 06-12-23, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

Old 12-06-23, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Season 2 delayed until 2025

https://gizmodo.com/andor-season-2-r...una-1851075205

Skeleton Crew and Acolyte will be the Star Wars shows in 2024.
The following users liked this post:
Goldberg74 (12-06-23)
Old 12-08-23, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Would rather have a delay and a quality product.
The following users liked this post:
B.A. (12-11-23)