Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars: Andor (Disney+) -- news, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Star Wars: Andor (Disney+) -- news, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-20, 11:54 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
re: Star Wars: Andor (Disney+) -- news, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by devilshalo
What would that scene be? "Hey, what's the plan?" "We get her to lead us to her father and then we kill him." "Ok!"
Exactly.
Old 12-11-20, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Why? The scene in Rogue One is where they first meet.
You just want to see a scene of him right before that one? It makes more sense for it to go right up to his first scene in that movie... if they were to do something like that.
No, not them meeting, but maybe a parallel actions type of sequence, where we see them both doing something questionable for the Rebellion or such.
Old 12-11-20, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 310 Likes on 212 Posts

This looks really good. Among all the new Star Wars things, I might be most excited about this one.
Old 12-12-20, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom
No, not them meeting, but maybe a parallel actions type of sequence, where we see them both doing something questionable for the Rebellion or such.
Jyn wasn't doing anything for the rebellion and all you would see is how she got caught doing whatever it was she was doing before they spring her from prisoner transport. Do you really just want to see her captured by the Imperials?

Cassian is jaded, cynical and does a lot of dirty work for the rebels. He's the Daniel Craig Bond of the Alliance. He's willing to do what it takes to accomplish a mission without remorse. It's those other previous missions he's had to undertake is what will be interesting to learn about.
Old 12-12-20, 10:00 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

looks good, and I'll watch, but something shitty about watching a series where you know the protagonist dies.
Old 12-12-20, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
looks good, and I'll watch, but something shitty about watching a series where you know the protagonist dies.
Kinda like watching another Solo movie. Or an Obi-Wan series.
Old 12-12-20, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 310 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
I don't mean this harshly, but this just seems odd to me, since everyone eventually dies. It would make more sense to me if it bothered you knowing that his life won't ever be in peril in this series since we know he is alive at the time of the Rogue One events.
Old 12-12-20, 11:50 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kefrank
I don't mean this harshly, but this just seems odd to me, since everyone eventually dies. It would make more sense to me if it bothered you knowing that his life won't ever be in peril in this series since we know he is alive at the time of the Rogue One events.
well, yeah, that's kind of what I meant. I mean, I get it, Mando isn't dying anytime soon either, but there is always that "possibility".
Old 12-12-20, 11:51 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

yes. both of these are completely unnecessary.
The following users liked this post:
kefrank (12-12-20)
Old 12-12-20, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
In hindsight, it would've been better if they hadn't made those "A SW Story" films. Even Solo probably would have a better reception being a streaming show.

But this one is still higher up on my anticipated list. I found the movie to be a bore...but I like the Casian character and I expect this to be a little more engaging.
Old 12-12-20, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Or three prequels.
Old 12-12-20, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

I think that one of the reasons Solo bombed is because Han got such shitty treatment in The Force Awakens.

Knowing that he ends up a broken old man who lost the Millennium Falcon, and ends up getting killed by his own asshole son, really cast a pall over the Solo movie.

I think Cassian Andor and Obi-Wan Kenobi fared better, though Cassian Andor just feels like a one-off character that I don't need to see more of. Though I'd like to think that Obi-Wan Kenobi did some interesting things between the trilogies.
Old 12-13-20, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts

I used to feel that way about prequel series, but Better Call Saul has shown that you can still have a rich, rewarding television series about characters you already know have died in previous content.
The following users liked this post:
Cusm (05-19-22)
Old 02-07-22, 12:42 PM

Stellan Skarsgard said this will have a second season:

Andor, the Disney Plus prequel series to Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, will begin filming its second season this Fall according to one of its cast members, the great Stellan Skarsgård. This strategy is similar to what Lucasfilm did for The Mandalorian ahead of the launch of Disney Plus in 2019.

While talking to Swedish publication Dagens Nyheter (hat tip r/StarWarsLeaks) about a future guest role on The Simpsons, actor Stellan Skarsgård has revealed his filming schedule in the year ahead when it comes to big-budget sci-fi. Here’s what he said, roughly translated:

“We start with Dune: Part 2 in July. And then in the Autumn, it’s time for the second season of the Star Wars series Andor… I do not know when they will start broadcasting it. It will take some time, so that it does not take too long between Season One and Season Two.”

Andor, which had an extensive filming cycle, will finally begin airing in Autumn 2022 with a twelve-episode first season. There has been some reporting indicating that the plan for the series is to run for up to three seasons, so a second season seems likely regardless of whether or not the third is made. We can’t confirm this personally, but this rumor has been out there for several months.

For now, what we do know for sure is that Andor – which has had the longest first-season filming cycle out of any of Lucasfilm’s live-action shows – is finally set to release in the fourth quarter of 2022. Depending on when it starts airing, it’s possible that the show will air all twelve episodes and then segue right into the third season of The Mandalorian, should that show make a December 2022 release window akin to what The Book of Boba Fett just did, but no return date for that show has been confirmed at this time.
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2022...d-reveals.html
Old 02-07-22, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope Diege Luna doesn't age himself out of this since it's all a prequel to Rogue One.
But I'm definitely excited to see this, Cassian was a great character to see in a Star Wars film, really hammered home how unpleasant the war actually was.
Old 05-17-22, 10:19 AM

Diego Luna couldn’t trust the driver. He didn’t think he could trust anybody. And hadn’t he read something about an epidemic of eavesdroppers hacking phones? “That was just my paranoia,” the actor says now. “Not connected to reality.” Still, he pressed his phone so tightly to his ear that it made his face hot, as a voice from thousands of miles away told him secrets from another galaxy. The car was stuck in traffic on the top tier of a double-decker highway in Mexico City. “I was speaking in code words because I was trying not to say too much in the car,” says Luna. The words he was avoiding most strenuously were star and wars.

Luna had played the dauntless Rebel spy Cassian Andor in the 2016 film Rogue One. Now, on the other end of the phone, was Tony Gilroy, who had punched up the movie’s script for reshoots. Gilroy—whose credits include writing the first four Bourne thrillers and writing and directing Michael Clayton—was developing a series that would explore Andor’s backstory, revealing what drew him into the galactic Rebellion and how he evolved from a self-serving nihilist into a selfless martyr. Luna’s call with Gilroy—the first time he heard the full plan for the Andor story—happened more than three years ago. “One thing I remember, from being part of this since day one, is how little you can share of what happens,” says the actor. “I have kids, man. It’s painful for them—and for me.”

On that day in mid-2019, when Luna was recruited for Andor, the actor remembers looking out the car window at the rooftops of the adjacent buildings, visualizing the tale about resistance-minded spies and near-death escapes. He was especially glad that Gilroy’s proposal included details that resonated personally. Luna describes Andor as a refugee story, with desperate people fleeing the Empire at the full force of its power. “It’s the journey of a migrant,” he says. “That feeling of having to move is behind this story, very profoundly and very strong. That shapes you as a person. It defines you in many ways, and what you are willing to do.”

Gilroy breathes deep and reveals a little more about Andor. “This guy gave his life for the galaxy, right? I mean, he consciously, soberly, without vanity or recognition, sacrificed himself. Who does that?” he asks. “That’s what this first season is about. It’s about him being really revolution-averse, and cynical, and lost, and kind of a mess.” The story begins with the destruction of Andor’s birth world, then follows him into adulthood, when he realizes he can’t run forever. “His adopted home will become the base of our whole first season, and we watch that place become radicalized,” Gilroy says. “Then we see another planet that’s completely taken apart in a colonial kind of way. The Empire is expanding rapidly. They’re wiping out anybody who’s in their way.” By journey’s end, Andor’s path will be to block theirs.

The show also focuses on the enigmatic Rebel leader Mon Mothma, played by Genevieve O’Reilly, who portrayed her as a young senator in Revenge of the Sith, then reprised the role in Rogue One. Mothma (then played by Caroline Blakiston) was the priestess-like figure in 1983’s Return of the Jedi who outlines weaknesses in the new Death Star, gravely intoning, “Many Bothans died to bring us this information.” In Andor, her story will run parallel to the title character, whom we know will eventually become one of her key agents. “It is a huge, orchestral, Dickensian ensemble cast,” says Gilroy.

Luna remembers the conversation in the car as the moment he was all in. “At the end, [Gilroy] said to me, ‘You want to take this risk with me, man? It’s you and I from beginning to end,’ ” says the actor. “It was like you’d been recruited to join a Rebel force. I was like, ‘Yes! Of course, man! Yes!’ ” Then reality set in: “What did I just say? This will be happening in London? My life is in Mexico. Holy shit, what have I done?”
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...l-be-televised
Old 05-17-22, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've made my utter and undying love for Rogue One very clear over the past few years, and I want to be excited but part of the appeal of R1 is that one-and-done format. We get introduced to these folks, get to know them and fall in love with them and then they die.

But Luna's performance in the film was a big part of why it worked so well, I'm hopeful he brings that magic back to this.
Old 05-18-22, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

^^ Hence why I want the shows to deviate timelines or away from characters we know. Building on the lore is fine but it all wraps up with a Rey and Kylo shitfest lightsaber battle with her grandpa.
Old 05-26-22, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

In case you weren't aware, Star Wars celebration is this weekend in Anaheim, CA.

Old 05-26-22, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Old 05-26-22, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

Trailer released. Looks pretty good to me. Different than I was expecting but in a good way. Kind of cool with the tribal element to the people on the planet from how it looks.

Last edited by Mike86; 05-26-22 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-26-22, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

Looks interesting. Hopefully, they don't dick this series up.
Old 05-26-22, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Looks good! A prequel-prequel of sorts.
Old 05-26-22, 04:25 PM

Now that looks interesting.
Old 05-26-22, 04:45 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

wow, I was not sure what to expect from this... but that looks... really good.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.