Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

House of Cards (Netflix) -- The Sixth and Final Season Thread -- premieres 11/2/18

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House of Cards (Netflix) -- The Sixth and Final Season Thread -- premieres 11/2/18

Old 10-29-18, 07:11 AM

Golden Globe winner and Emmy Award nominee Robin Wright returns as President of the United States in the sixth and final season of the award-winning landmark series House of Cards. Wright is joined by Academy Award(R) nominees Diane Lane and Greg Kinnear as well as Cody Fern this season alongside Emmy Award nominee Michael Kelly, Jayne Atkinson, Academy Award(R) nominee Patricia Clarkson, Emmy Award Nominee Constance Zimmer, Derek Cecil, Campbell Scott and Boris McGiver. House of Cards executive producers are Melissa James Gibson, Frank Pugliese, Robin Wright, David Fincher, Joshua Donen, Dana Brunetti, Eric Roth, Michael Dobbs and Andrew Davies. The series was created by Beau Willimon and is produced by Donen/Fincher/Roth, with MRC as the studio, for Netflix. In 2013, House of Cards became the first original online series to receive major nominations from the Primetime Emmy Awards. The series has received 53 Emmy nominations to date, with seven wins -- including the first major Emmy for a streaming service for David Fincher's win for "Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series." House of Cards received six Golden Globe nominations, and two wins. The historic series has received 11 Screen Actors Guild nominations with two wins; an AFI Award; four Writers Guild Award nominations, with one win; two BAFTA nominations; four Producers Guild Award nominations; two Directors Guild Award nominations; and a Peabody Award, among other accolades.
8 episode Spacey-less final season.
Old 11-02-18, 07:17 AM

Re: House of Cards (Netflix) -- The Sixth and Final Season Thread -- premieres 11/2/1

This is up today.
Old 11-02-18, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: House of Cards (Netflix) -- The Sixth and Final Season Thread -- premieres 11/2/1

I heard the show goes out like a wet fart.
Old 11-02-18, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not surprising. The whole show was based on Frank either winning or getting his comeuppance. That's not really something that can happen off-screen in anyway near a satisfying way.
Old 11-02-18, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
IMHO Claire was one of the show's worst characters so that doesn't surprise me at all. I'll probably end up watching this in the background at some point while I do other things like braid my ass hair.
Old 11-03-18, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Two eps in and Madame President is just playing around like a selfish brat (but I will say the flashback to her youth - as hard as it is to watch - answered a few questions).

Spoiler:
When that boy was talking to her through the hole in the barn wall and she was carrying the broom... you knew that wasnít going to end well.

Greg Kinear is saving this show for me. Heís playing the antagonist sooooo well.
Old 11-03-18, 08:01 PM

Diane Lane
Old 11-03-18, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

By the end of episode 5... it all becomes corny and begins to borderline on parody... especially the last scene.

Iíll watch the last 5 eps, but itís a chore.
Old 11-03-18, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 View Post
By the end of episode 5... it all becomes corny and begins to borderline on parody... especially the last scene.

I’ll watch the last 5 eps, but it’s a chore.
Good news is that there are only 3 episodes left for you.
Old 11-03-18, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Guess I'm alone here, but I'm actually enjoying the season so far. Three episodes in. Sure, it's not as great as the first two seasons. Got a little stale after that. But both Wright and Lane are fantastic. Great chemistry!
Old 11-03-18, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
Good news is that there are only 3 episodes left for you.
For some reason I thought there were 10 eps.

Whew... only three hours left.
Old 11-03-18, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 View Post
For some reason I thought there were 10 eps.

Whew... only three hours left.
I just watched episode 5.
Old 11-04-18, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
I just watched episode 5.
That last scene... still canít wrap my head around the absurdity!
Old 11-04-18, 10:03 AM

Finished it up. So bad they shouldn’t have even bothered. Such a non-ending. At most, a wrap up movie could’ve been done.
Old 11-04-18, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I love Wright and all but they just said fuck it and called it a day. Wright directed a couple of episodes, too, and looked hot even when she was all prego and stuff.
Old 11-04-18, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Saw the first episode, read some spoilers and skipped to the last five minutes. Looks like this ended up being Netflixís Dexter.
Old 11-05-18, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
Yeah, I love Wright and all but they just said fuck it and called it a day. Wright directed a couple of episodes, too, and looked hot even when she was all prego and stuff.
Yea, she did look exceptionally good this season.
Old 11-05-18, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Wet fart is just about the right phrase to describe the ending.

Itís like Robin Wright wanted to get back at Kevin Spacey and destroy the series.

She succeeded.

I want these last 8 hours back.
Old 11-05-18, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Plowed through 2 episodes a day.

That ending was so disappointing, and the season was mostly ridiculous.

There were a bunch of things I found confusing about the season, and I didn't try to figure it out... not worth the effort.

Spacey's absence was very noticeable with how much screen time they gave all these other characters.

It felt like Claire broke the 4th wall more times in the 8 episodes than Frank did in two 13 episode seasons. And not once was it anything playful or humorous.

I gave absolutely no shits about the Shepherd family. Just a waste of time.

Disappointing.
Old 11-06-18, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Three episodes in. It's not good. There's no emotion. There's no energy. There's no raised voices (aside from poor Tom). I'll watch the last 5, but what a disappointment. Only saving grace is the beauty that is Diane Lane. She continues to get better with age...
Old 11-07-18, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yep you're better off not even bothering watching this I just finished it. Yep ending is total shit and a waste of 8 hrs of your life.
Old 11-08-18, 07:40 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

I'm two episodes in an still enjoying it. At least now, after reading this thread, I have no expectations for greatness, so maybe I won't be disappointed. I'll come back here after finishing the season to weigh in.
Old 11-09-18, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is it me or did the last episode just sort of "end"? And that's it? Wasn't she about to nuke someone? Good lord this was a fucking mess.

I didn't think they were going to spend the whole season talking about Frank. All I could think of was, "whenever Poochie isn't on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Poochie?".
Old 11-09-18, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by movieking View Post
Three episodes in. It's not good. There's no emotion. There's no energy. There's no raised voices (aside from poor Tom). I'll watch the last 5, but what a disappointment. Only saving grace is the beauty that is Diane Lane. She continues to get better with age...
She's barely aged since Unfaithful, which was like 16 years ago.
Old 11-15-18, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bunkaroo View Post
Is it me or did the last episode just sort of "end"? And that's it? Wasn't she about to nuke someone? Good lord this was a fucking mess.

I didn't think they were going to spend the whole season talking about Frank. All I could think of was, "whenever Poochie isn't on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Poochie?".
Just finished it, and yep... When it ended, I noticed that there wasn't another episode queued up. I didn't realize I was watching the final episode, and the way it ended up certainly didn't make me think it was. WTF? Terrible. Knowing all along that this was the last season, that was the best they could come up with?

Only good things were Diane Lane (hell yes!) and Stamper. She was gorgeous, and I thought he did a great job.

They killed off pretty much every (longtime) character I liked.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.