DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S4E01) -- Season Premiere -- "The Virgin Gary" -- 10/22/18 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/645605-dcs-legends-tomorrow-s4e01-season-premiere-virgin-gary-10-22-18-a.html)

DJariya 10-22-18 04:57 PM

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S4E01) -- Season Premiere -- "The Virgin Gary" -- 10/22/18

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dob8TTuVAAMWETO.jpg

MONDAY, OCTOBER 22

SEASON PREMIERE

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

"The Virgin Gary" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DL) (HDTV)

IT'S ALL MAGICAL - After the Legends defeated Mallus and wiped the final anachronism from time, they find themselves in unfamiliar territory with the Time Bureau. All that changes when Constantine (Matt Ryan) informs Sara (Caity Lotz) of a new magical threat that leads the team to Woodstock. Constantine thinks he knows how to defeat the new threat, but will need the help of the team and their special klepto talents to help with his spell. Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) go on an adventure leaving Nate facing someone from his past. Brandon Routh, Tala Ashe and Jes Macallan also star. Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer & Grainne Godfree (#401). Original airdate 10/22/2018

Matt Ryan (Constantine) is now a series regular

Deftones 10-22-18 05:24 PM

Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S4E01) -- Season Premiere -- "The Virgin Gary" -- 10/22

Can't wait! :banana:

Deftones 10-23-18 12:23 PM

Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S4E01) -- Season Premiere -- "The Virgin Gary" -- 10/22

:lol: @ murderous unicorn

:up: Constantine

PhantomStranger 10-23-18 03:36 PM

Matt Ryan voices Constantine in the new animated Constantine: City of Demons movie. It's a standalone Constantine flick and not tied to the Arrowverse, adapting the Hellblazer: All His Engines graphic novel. It definitely earns its R rating.

http://doblu.com/2018/10/22/constant...4k-uhd-review/

I think adding Ryan to the cast will work wonders for the show. Constantine has great chemistry with Sara.

Eric F 10-23-18 06:21 PM

So they're going to fight a werewolf this season?

Axel. :lol:

Oh, and Biff is still a dick. I can't get over how much he looks like his aged self in the BTTF movies.

I wonder if they're referencing the plot of the animated Constantine in the show? That could explain why Constantine is so surly.

Koby 10-23-18 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 13431010)
Matt Ryan voices Constantine in the new animated Constantine: City of Demons movie not tied to the Arrowverse.

Eh, everything I've read suggests it's Arrowverse canon, same with the Vixen movie and The Ray movie and they all three started as animated shorts on The CW's streaming service CWSeed before being edited together for movie format with added scenes.

SmithsGuy 10-23-18 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Koby (Post 13431093)
Eh, everything I've read suggests it's Arrowverse canon, same with the Vixen movie and The Ray movie and they all three started as animated shorts on The CW's streaming service CWSeed before being edited together for movie format with added scenes.

Likely the source of the conversation about his past 5 months ...

Eric F 10-23-18 09:02 PM

The Ray movie can't be canon because none of it matches up with anything that happened during last year's crossover. Constantine on the other hand can easily be canon, because they don't reference the rest of the Arrowverse.

TGM 10-23-18 09:30 PM

ratings for this were terrible unfortunately.

hdnmickey 10-24-18 08:15 AM

Sadly I had seen a spoiler online about the murderous unicorns. Pretty solid episode. Looks like I should check out that animated Constantine release as well.

PhantomStranger 10-24-18 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Koby (Post 13431093)

In the special features on the Blu-ray, the producers explicitly reference the animated Justice League Dark movie's continuity for City of Demons.

Frankly, it's a lot better movie than the prior CW Seed productions. It is plotted like a real movie, instead of a serial adventure.

DJariya 10-24-18 01:20 PM

The crazy unicorn was awesome. I almost thought it was going to tear off Gary's arm.

I noticed that Matt Ryan was credited as "Special Appearance by" Weird credit considering he's a full-time cast member.

They did a really good job mixing in the old Beatles footage with the Legends.

Giantrobo 10-24-18 01:50 PM

This show is still on Crack. :lol::up:

Biff! :eek:

Giantrobo 10-24-18 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by TGM (Post 13431189)
ratings for this were terrible unfortunately.

Aren't CW DC shows somewhat ratings proof?

DJariya 10-24-18 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo (Post 13431576)
Aren't CW DC shows somewhat ratings proof?

No program is cancel-proof.

But, live ratings really don't matter for the most part on these CW DC shows because of the Netflix licensing deal.

Giantrobo 10-24-18 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13431586)
No program is cancel-proof.

No I get that.

But, live ratings really don't matter for the most part on these CW DC shows because of the Netflix licensing deal.
Yeah that's what I mean.

randian 10-24-18 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13431547)
The crazy unicorn was awesome. I almost thought it was going to tear off Gary's arm.

Give how large the unicorn's incisors were it should have severed his hand at the wrist. He didn't even have bite marks on the arm.

Tom Banjo 10-24-18 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo (Post 13431575)
This show is still on Crack. :lol::up:

Biff! :eek:

For real, it’s like a weekly acid trip. And I love every second of it!
RIP Gary’s nipple

mugwump 10-24-18 04:40 PM

All the other CW DC shows have me bored witless but I still tune in to this glorious fever dream every week. But enough with the romance already especially since Sara has way more romantic chemistry with Constantine than her erstwhile girlfriend/boss. And doesn't the Time Bureau have an HR dept. to frown upon these kinds of shenanigans?

hdnmickey 10-24-18 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by mugwump (Post 13431693)
All the other CW DC shows have me bored witless but I still tune in to this glorious fever dream every week. But enough with the romance already especially since Sara has way more romantic chemistry with Constantine than her erstwhile girlfriend/boss. And doesn't the Time Bureau have an HR dept. to frown upon these kinds of shenanigans?

So if you have a problem with the romance subplots, especially those involving co-workers, what reason could you possibly have to endorse one involving Sara and John? Hmmmm...

Giantrobo 10-24-18 05:40 PM

Sara does not have way more romantic chemistry with Constantine. Not even close.

hdnmickey 10-24-18 05:45 PM

At best they were an opportunity hookup given both of them were not shy about one night stands.

mugwump 10-24-18 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey (Post 13431716)
So if you have a problem with the romance subplots, especially those involving co-workers, what reason could you possibly have to endorse one involving Sara and John? Hmmmm...

Generally romantic links between equal co-workers are less frowned upon than between a boss and a subordinate. Geez, aren't any of you past or present corporate schmucks?

hdnmickey 10-24-18 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by mugwump (Post 13431786)
Generally romantic links between equal co-workers are less frowned upon than between a boss and a subordinate. Geez, aren't any of you past or present corporate schmucks?

And Sara is the captain of the Wave Rider. So again, it apepars you're willing to make excpetions for some reason.

mugwump 10-25-18 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey (Post 13431838)
And Sara is the captain of the Wave Rider. So again, it apepars you're willing to make excpetions for some reason.

Well now I didn't actually endorse the hanky-panky between Sara and John but merely mentioned that, to my eyes, they appeared to have more romantic chemistry. The only hook-up I'm fully behind is Gary and Beebo.