Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: David vs. Goliath (CBS) -- Season 37 Thread -- Premieres 9/26/18

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-18, 08:31 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts
Re: Survivor: David vs. Goliath (CBS) -- Season 37 Thread -- Premieres 9/26/18

Originally Posted by Brian Gentz
to be safe I put my entire response in spoilers, it's all updates to what's in the above spoiler tag

Spoiler:
The person that tweeted that has now tweeted that there will be no penalty, votes will stand.

and 55 minutes ago they tweeted that the person is going to come clean at some point after the finale.

Angelina has tweeted that the rumor is 'BS'.
This is pure speculation...
Spoiler:
... the contraband has to be something to do with the the fire challenge (i.e. magnesium powder, matches, oily rag, fire starter, etc.).

Just an observation.
Old 12-19-18, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Assuming it's OK to talk about those last few SPOILER tags openly now, Vegas4sure says that Nick was not the cheater and that media arrangements have already been made to address the cheating. Speculation is high that it was Mike.
Old 12-19-18, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I'm sorry but 2 and a half hours on a Wednesday night is too much for the finale. Wrap up the show in 2 hours and have a full reunion episode that I can watch the next day if I want. The last couple I've seen have gone over leaving us with no real reunion to speak of.
Old 12-19-18, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
I'm sorry but 2 and a half hours on a Wednesday night is too much for the finale. Wrap up the show in 2 hours and have a full reunion episode that I can watch the next day if I want. The last couple I've seen have gone over leaving us with no real reunion to speak of.
I liked the timing. With 3 immunity challenges, a fire-making challenge, and a good 30 minutes for final tribal council 2 and a half hours never felt like it dragged.

On the other hand, those 60 minutes reunion shows have been brutal viewing. I didn't mind it cutting out past fluff (like trotting out celebrities and past players) and keeping it to a lean 30 minutes.

I'm happy Nick won ... he seems like a good guy and (more importantly) a deserving winner.

For next season, who were the other two returning players (besides Joe and Aubrey)?
Old 12-19-18, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^ David Wright and Kelley Wentworth.

Last edited by windom; 12-20-18 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-19-18, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

I've thought Nick was going to be the season winner for awhile now. Probably wasn't my favorite player, but I can't say that he didn't deserve it.

I don't think we needed to see Joe and Aubrey for a third time. I know it's Kelley's third time as well, but she was such a nonentity the first time she played and so memorable the second that I don't mind it.
Old 12-20-18, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

I was a aware of the cheating rumor and I noticed that 2 people were missing from the reunion show, but not the rumored cheaters. Who was missing and were they the cheaters?
Old 12-20-18, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Damfino
I was a aware of the cheating rumor and I noticed that 2 people were missing from the reunion show, but not the rumored cheaters. Who was missing and were they the cheaters?

The 2 missing players were premerge boot Jeremy and juror Alec.

Jeremy apparently made some rather unsavory comments about Angelina cheating on her husband on the island in post season interviews,that no one else made. And Alec who is now dating Kara posting a picture on Instagram showing them hugging and I guess,an unofficial rule is players are not supposed to associate in public until they are eliminated.

The cheater rumor was that Mike smuggled in either marijuana or stimulants into the island. If he did and it was found out after the fact it will be problem be hidden forever and no one know if gossip that is unproveable one way or another. Their was a similiar rumor years ago that Woo snuck into a Production tent and stole food and that is why the jury hated him so much and was the real reason he was called "Weasel" Woo
Old 12-20-18, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 212 Likes on 188 Posts

I'm glad they finally decided to show the actual video of "Who voted for who" for the winner.

Last edited by DWilson; 12-20-18 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-20-18, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez

And Alec who is now dating Kara posting a picture on Instagram showing them hugging and I guess,an unofficial rule is players are not supposed to associate in public until they are eliminated.
It's not an "unofficial" rule. It's a violation of their NDAs, and they could both be on the hook for $5M. Good luck to CBS on collecting that, though.
Old 12-20-18, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I was a little confused by how Christian felt Mike played a transformative game and that Survivor would change because of him.
Old 12-20-18, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It sounds like Jeremy was banned from the finale because he left Fiji right after getting voted out instead of staying there until the game had ended.
Old 12-20-18, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 212 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
I was a little confused by how Christian felt Mike played a transformative game and that Survivor would change because of him.
He may have been caught up in the moment, and bought into Mike's pitch that for him playing the game was more important than winning the cash prize, -the "rainbow" rather than the "pot of gold"). Christian's an interesting guy, but his mind-set is a bit busy and hard to read (though I'm sure if you had a couple of hours, he'd explain it to you).