Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Cool Kids (FOX) -- Created by Charlie Day -- S: Grier, Mull, Jordan, Lawrence

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Cool Kids (FOX) -- Created by Charlie Day -- S: Grier, Mull, Jordan, Lawrence

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-18, 06:55 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

<iframe width="649" height="365" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T1-lhUD9YfE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

**SERIES PREMIERE**--"THE COOL KIDS" - (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

ADULTS IN A RETIREMENT COMMUNITY GROW OLD...HILARIOUSLY ON THE ALL-NEW SERIES PREMIERE OF "THE COOL KIDS" FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, ON FOX

All-New Comedy Starring Comedy Legends David Alan Grier, Martin Mull, Vicki Lawrence and Leslie Jordan

New multi-camera comedy THE COOL KIDS follows a rowdy, rag-tag group of friends living in a retirement community. HANK (Tony Award nominee David Alan Grier) is the leader of this motley crew, a gruff, opinionated, 21st century Archie Bunker who will go to any lengths to have a good time. His loyal, but less than helpful, friends include CHARLIE (Emmy Award nominee Martin Mull), a bumbling wanderer who constantly goes off on tangents about some bizarre, barely believable episode from his life; and SID (Emmy Award winner Leslie Jordan), a fun-loving hedonist with a flair for the melodramatic. Complicating matters is MARGARET (Emmy Award winner Vicki Lawrence), a brash, confident woman who forces her way into their group and refuses to leave because she's not going to take crap from anyone - especially not these three. But what unites them all is their shared belief that they're not done yet - not by a long shot. Growing old with dignity is for chumps. These "cool kids" are determined to make the third act of the lives the craziest one yet, and are willing to break every rule in order to have fun - because, at their age, what do they really have to lose? Don't miss the all-new "Pilot" series premiere episode of THE COOL KIDS airing Friday, Sept. 28 (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (CK-101) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: David Alan Grier as Hank, Martin Mull as Charlie, Leslie Jordan as Sid and Vicki Lawrence as Margaret.

Guest Cast: Artemis Pebdani as Allison, Jamie Farr as Dudley, Eduardo Franco as Delivery Clerk, Kat Purgal as Party Planner, Charlie Day as Chet the Handyman, Roger Vernon Burton as Phillips

CREW INFORMATION:
· Charlie Day as CRTR/EP
· Don Scardino as EP/DIR (Pilot)
· Kevin Abbott as EP (Pilot)
· Nick Frenkel as EP
· Patrick Walsh as EP
· Paul Fruchbom as CRTR/CO-EP
Old 09-28-18, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 907 Likes on 669 Posts
Re: The Cool Kids (FOX) -- Created by Charlie Day -- S: Grier, Mull, Jordan, Lawrence

The trailer for this look awful. Feel bad for DAG; I enjoyed Carmichael show. This seems like a step down for him.
Old 09-28-18, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Re: The Cool Kids (FOX) -- Created by Charlie Day -- S: Grier, Mull, Jordan, Lawrence

I think it looks funny. Didn't recognize Martin Mull but glad to see him. Leslie Jordan!! Vicki Lawrence! DAG!
Old 09-28-18, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

I keep on seeing the commercial for this on FXX. Looks like it could go either way to me but I’m leaning a bit more towards it probably not being very good. Might watch the pilot tonight after Last Man Standing which I don’t mind.
Old 05-10-19, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Canceled: https://tvline.com/2019/05/10/the-co...-2-fox-comedy/

I fell off half way through the season, but I liked the stupid comedy. It made for good background TV. I'll have to catch up during the summer.
Old 05-10-19, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Shit. I've been watching and enjoying since day one. Their FB page had LOTS of Older fans who enjoyed the show and the older guest actors who appeared. I guess it wasn't enough.
Old 05-10-19, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

I made it through three episodes and couldnt take anymore.
Old 05-10-19, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

I think it's a terrible show, but I still watch it (with low expectations). If it were not on Friday and I sort of watch it as I sort of get my act together before running errands on Saturday, I probably wouldn't bother. I imagine if Fox hadn't given Friday to Wrestling, it might stay on. "Last Man Standing" has about one year left in it, and they'll have to find a place to put it.
Old 05-12-19, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

Hallmark Network should pick it up and air it after Golden Girls.
Old 05-13-19, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 867 Likes on 391 Posts

I will watch anything with David Alan Grier. He just makes me laugh. Just about every line. lol

I watched it and enjoyed it. It wasn't great but had it's moments.

This show brought up a conversation with my 80+ yr old inlaws. They had no idea Vicki Lawrence played Mama. They thought she was played by an old lady irl