DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Hawaii Five-O (CBS) -- The Season 9 and beyond... Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/645355-hawaii-five-o-cbs-season-9-beyond-thread.html)

DJariya 02-17-20 08:36 AM

Re: Hawaii Five-O (CBS) -- The Season 9 and beyond... Thread

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe (Post 13688887)
Junior was MIA in the 2/14/20 episode. Did they offer an explanation? I don't like that Steve allowed Dale's character back on the team after he quit with no explanation, then allowed him to stay on the team after he broke that suspect out of Five-O HQ to trade him for Lou's niece without anyone's knowledge or permission. His behavior has been too erratic and selfish for me to believe that Steve would tolerate it.

The actor who plays Junior is filming a movie right now. It's called 38 minutes and co-stars Philip Winchester. And it's coincidentally filming in Hawaii.

That might explain why he's been MIA a few times. Katrina Law also happens to be in it as well.

DJariya 02-28-20 04:26 PM

https://deadline.com/2020/02/hawaii-...le-1202870780/

This will be the final season of H50. The season finale on April 3rd will be the series finale.

10 seasons and 240 episodes is a fantastic run.

The article says that Alex O'Loughlin's contract was up and he decided he physically can't do it anymore.

alfredog1976 02-28-20 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13695153)
https://deadline.com/2020/02/hawaii-...le-1202870780/

This will be the final season of H50. The season finale on April 3rd will be the series finale.

10 seasons and 240 episodes is a fantastic run.

The article says that Alex O'Loughlin's contract was up and he decided he physically can't do it anymore.

10 seasons is definitely a good run. :thumbsup:

Original Desmond 02-28-20 05:53 PM

They better end with a good episode

Disappointing, he's obviously still in good shape

With this and Strike back ending, again that leave a huge void in the pure action show genre

DJariya 02-28-20 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Original Desmond (Post 13695196)
They better end with a good episode

Disappointing, he's obviously still in good shape

With this and Strike back ending, again that leave a huge void in the pure action show genre

O'Loughlin as the article says has a chronic back injury that he suffered years ago. He may look great on set, but who knows how much pain he's suffering. And the show has a lot of running and action sequences.

birdseye 02-28-20 11:00 PM

I'm a few episodes behind right now, but a while back I caught up on the last season and a half or so over a few week span and actually enjoyed the show again.

I'm disappointed it's ending but it's been a good run.

Original Desmond 02-29-20 03:54 PM

I;ve never rewatched any episode more than once, might have to start rewatching the old seasons

MLBFan24 02-29-20 04:52 PM

If I remember correctly, I gave up during the middle of season 9

I'm impressed this show lasted 10 seasons. First few seasons were entertaining, especially when the LOST alumni appeared in episodes.

WCChiCubsFan 03-01-20 12:26 PM

Sad to see it go, Iíve enjoyed the shows run.

Joe Schmoe 03-01-20 03:02 PM

"Alexa, is Danny Williams an idiot?" :lol:

d2cheer 03-02-20 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by MLBFan24 (Post 13695582)
If I remember correctly, I gave up during the middle of season 8.

I'm impressed this show lasted 10 seasons. First few seasons were entertaining, especially when the LOST alumni appeared in episodes.

I can't remember what season I gave up on it probably when two of the original members left. I enjoyed the show but thought it was going to get cancelled after that and quit watching. Fully expecting to catch up streaming some day. Looks like I will have more than I than I thought to watch "someday".

Goldberg74 03-02-20 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by d2cheer (Post 13696374)
Fully expecting to catch up streaming some day. Looks like I will have more than I than I thought to watch "someday".

This.

The last time I tried to catch up, I was toward the end of Season 8.

devilshalo 03-02-20 12:40 PM

I hope they can bring back Grace Park and Daniel Dae Kim. Glad they were able to include Michelle Borth in episodes over the last few years.

alfredog1976 03-02-20 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo (Post 13696505)
I hope they can bring back Grace Park and Daniel Dae Kim. Glad they were able to include Michelle Borth in episodes over the last few years.

Not likely, especially Grace Park, who was not too happy how everything went down in 2017
https://deadline.com/2018/09/grace-p...ty-1202465283/

DJariya 03-02-20 06:51 PM

Highly unlikely about Grace Park coming back. As he mentioned, she was pretty upset about the pay dispute and she is currently working in Canada on A Million Little Things.

Original Desmond 03-03-20 03:39 AM

They could get real creative and bring in as replacements one/more than one of

Bryan Mills from the recent Taken series
Ryan Philippe's character from Shooter
The two original Strike Back guys
Sheriff Hood from Banshee

dvd-4-life 03-03-20 02:46 PM

Anyone still alive from the first series that could be used for the final episodes of the current series?

DJariya 03-03-20 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life (Post 13697313)
Anyone still alive from the first series that could be used for the final episodes of the current series?

Nope. And they are currently filming the series finale right now.

MLBFan24 03-03-20 04:09 PM

The craziest storyline for this show was when Steve took the nuke in a helicopter and dropped it into the ocean, and then a couple hours later everyone was enjoying Konoís wedding :lol:

DJariya 03-05-20 02:39 PM

I just got caught up with H50 last night.

A few thoughts:

Glad the Adam-Yakuza arc finally reached a resolution and he finally came clean with Steve.

Glad that Junior and Tani finally got together and Junior is back. They have teased them together for way too long.

Really enjoyed the last episode that had the ME solving her Uncle's murder. Fun ending with the gang hanging out at Rick's bar (from Magnum PI) and dancing to Backstreet Boys.

There's 4 episodes left in the series. I guess once H50 is over, Magnum PI will be brought back from hiatus and take it's timeslot.

DJariya 03-05-20 02:47 PM

Holy shit. Chuck Norris is guest starring in the H50 series finale.

Story

https://tvline.com/2020/03/05/hawaii...is-guest-star/

devilshalo 03-05-20 07:33 PM

I hope he comes on as Walker. Tho I thought he had previously guest starred.. or maybe it was Aaron. :shrug:

DJariya 03-05-20 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo (Post 13698882)
I hope he comes on as Walker. Tho I thought he had previously guest starred.. or maybe it was Aaron. :shrug:

Read the story, heís not playing Walker.

morriscroy 03-05-20 10:42 PM

Good overall run. Though I probably will not bother buying the remaining seasons on bluray (released in japan or germany).

This was one of the few tv shows on bluray, where I found the blurays were much better looking in picture quality than the original cbs hd broadcasts for the first several seasons.

Joe Schmoe 03-07-20 09:36 AM

Why was Jimmy Buffet in Steve's house cooking breakfast in last night's episode? That scene felt so random and unnecessary to the overall story. How many people live in Steve's house for crying out loud?