Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

S.W.A.T. (CBS) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/27/18

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-27-18, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

THE SWAT TEAM ENGAGES IN A STANDOFF WITH HUMAN TRAFFICKERS HOLDING CHILD HOSTAGES WHEN A MAJOR EARTHQUAKE HITS LOS ANGELES, ON THE SECOND SEASON PREMIERE OF “S.W.A.T.,” THURSDAY, SEPT. 27

“Shaky Town” – The SWAT team engages in a standoff with human traffickers holding child hostages when a major earthquake hits Los Angeles during their operation and compromises the takedown. Also, while Hondo forms an unexpected personal connection with Deputy District Attorney Nia Wells (Nikiva Dionne), Jim Street has trouble adjusting to his new life as a patrol officer, on the second season premiere of S.W.A.T., Thursday, Sept. 27 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Hondo & the #SWAT team are ‘quaking in their boots’ – literally – when a major earthquake hits during an operation, forcing them into a standoff with human traffickers! @shemarmoore stars in the @SWATCBS S2 premiere 9/27 10pm #CBS http://bit.ly/2w35H7a

REGULAR CAST:
Shemar Moore (Daniel “Hondo” Harrelson)
Stephanie Sigman (Jessica Cortez)
Alex Russell (Jim Street)
Jay Harrington (David “Deacon” Kay)
Lina Esco (Christina “Chris” Alonso)
Kenny Johnson (Dominique Luca)
Peter Onorati (Jeff Mumford)
David Lim (Victor Tan)
Patrick St. Esprit (Commander Robert Hicks)

RECURRING CAST:
Lou Ferrigno, Jr. (Rocker)
Otis Gallop (Sgt. Stevens)

GUEST CAST:
Nikita Dionne (Nia Wells)
Juan Javier Cardenas (Beni)
Joseph Lee Anderson (Tony)
Gene Farber (Drummond)
Jimmy Jean-Lous (Desir)
Sumalee Montano (Gwen)
Lee Chesley (Jan)
Alexander Charles Arzu (Isaac)
Mataeo Mingo (James)
Camden Coley (Paul)
Aiden Berryman (Stanley)
Lynn Adrianna (Carol)
E.R. Ruiz (Jax)
Beau Casper Smart (Kaden)
Michael Trucco (Eric)
Betty Murphy (Mrs. Perkins)
Wali Habib (Nick)
Molly Erdman (Nurse)
Christina Craddick (Stacey)
Dmitri Schuyler (Teen Boy)
Minerva Garcia (Hospital Administrator)

WRITTEN BY: Michael Jones-Morales
DIRECTED BY: Billy Gierhart

Season 1 was pretty good, not great overall. Had some good action episodes, but it did get a little heavy at points. But overall I was entertained. it didn't feel as cookie cutter as many cop dramas.
Old 09-27-18, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: S.W.A.T. (CBS) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/27/18

Looking forward to this. My wife and I enjoyed last season quite a bit.
Old 09-27-18, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Same here; enjoyed last season.

Although since I've been watching Shield for the last few weeks, it's gonna be weird seeing Kenny Johnson in his role here.
Old 09-28-18, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Same here; enjoyed last season.

Although since I've been watching Shield for the last few weeks, it's gonna be weird seeing Kenny Johnson in his role here.
Regardless of what show he pops up on, he will forever be known as Lem by me and my wife.
Old 09-28-18, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darkdaze73 View Post
Regardless of what show he pops up on, he will forever be known as Lem by me and my wife.
Yup. lol

All I'll ever picture now is him using a shotgun to play air guitar in season 1.
Old 09-29-18, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Fun episode to start season 2. Some good action and a cool chopper sequence. I guess Street is going to stay a beat cop awhile longer.

Kind of ironic that SWAT's storyline used a huge earthquake like 911's premiere.

I wasn't feeling Hondo's new apparent love interest. Plus she's got an estranged husband too as the end showed.

Read that SWAT took a hit ratings-wise as it was airing against football. Last year SWAT aired after football finished in November. A write up I saw said that SWAT kind of shares the same audience as football (male viewers)
Old 10-15-18, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Fire bombing plot from this past week's episode was entertaining. Hondo's new girlfriend was a big part of it. I'm not really a fan of her. She's not a very good actress. Stephanie Sigman is a much better actress than her. And now it looks like they're bringing back Michael Trucco next week to cause some trouble.

Just noticed that the 2nd SWAT leader Mumford is no longer on the show.

I guess they dropped Peter Onarati because the Commander Hicks is now a regular and in the opening credits.
Old 05-09-19, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Renewed for a 3rd season: https://deadline.com/2019/05/s-w-a-t...re-1202604958/

Season 2 has been great. But, I kind of get why this thread has been dead since September. It's a procuedural and most of these simply don't bring out any discussion here. You'll never get 200+ posts for a procedural here.

The school shooting episode was especially powerful and timely. And I think they've developed all the characters really well. I did like Debbie Allen being cast as Hondo's mom.
Old 05-09-19, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Glad to hear. Enjoy this show quite a bit.

Caught some of the SLJ movie last night; it was airing right before basketball started on TNT.
Old 05-12-19, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not a fan of the foster kid substory (actually most substories are naff, the threesome couple ick) but the action in this show is great and makes up for it

Cameo by Billings from the Shield !

Vic Mackay next (as a villian)
Old 05-14-19, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I've been binge-watching SWAT over the last week. Fell way behind, but catching up with CBS All-Access. I'm through 16 of the 22 that aired. The season finale is this Thursday. It actually makes it easier watching it this way vs. my DVR records.

Anyways. action is still solid. Shemar Moore is great as Hondo.

A few thoughts:

Chris dating that couple is just weird. It feels very forced just to give her a "love life"

I also think it's a way to try to keep her and Street apart as it's pretty obvious that Street is into her.

Loved the episode where Chris and Jessica went to Mexico to go against the cartel and most of it was in Spanish. Very authentic look and feel.

The School shooting episode was really well done. Some really tense scenes.

Hondo breaking up with that lawyer was good. I felt no chemistry between them

And I have a feeling that rapist who attempted to attack Hondo's sister will be seen again since it wasn't resolved. Same goes with that racist cop in Arizona.

I like Deacon a lot. I like that they show he's not perfect and struggling with money along with trying to be a good Dad and husband.

I did not realize until recently that Shawn Ryan's (the EP of the show) wife Cathy Ryan, who also starred in The Shield, plays the SWAT team psychologist.

I realize this is a CBS cop procedural with a long season and most of you simply have no time or patience for this kind of show. But, it's a top notch well directed action show with some good chemistry and character development.
Old 05-14-19, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk God

My wife and I still enjoy the hell out of this. Glad it is getting a renewal.
Old 05-16-19, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Finally caught up. Saw episode 22 that had Billings from The Shield. Pretty clever to make SWAT take place in the same universe as The Shield.

It's too bad that David Marciano and Kenny Johnson didn't have a scene together. He should have said something like...."You look really familiar"

I thought it was amusing that Deacon's wife got upset with Chris after she told their daughter about her lifestyle. And she said she would not have made her their new daughter's god mother if she knew that.
Old 05-19-19, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good last episode but the street mother and darryl substories just suck and drain the screen when they are on

As long as the show is mostly action, i will keep watching

they have set the scene, definitely plenty of more possibilities for more Shield cameos

Street could have a relationship with the Paula Garcas character

Vic Mackay returning as a bounty hounter

Acevada as the Mayor
Old 05-24-19, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Finished the season finale last night.

Overall, it was a good season. I think it was better than the 1st season. Sure the ending with the big attack at city hall was kind of predictable, but it was an entertaining.

I'm glad they put behind Deacon's troubles. He's a good dude and he's kind of the moral center of the show.

Glad it didn't end on a cliffhanger and it was a complete self contained season. Hondo deciding to take time off to go on vacation with Darrell was a nice warm ending.

I do hope we don't see Street's mother anymore. She got to be an annoyance. I also hope in season 3 they lose Chris' storyline with the couple. It does appear that Street might be moving on with the Commander's daughter.