DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   A Million Little Things (ABC) -- S: Giuntoli, Livingston, Roday -- 9/26/18 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/645321-million-little-things-abc-s-giuntoli-livingston-roday-9-26-18-a.html)

DJariya 09-26-18 03:02 AM

A Million Little Things (ABC) -- S: Giuntoli, Livingston, Roday -- 9/26/18

https://i.postimg.cc/mrX0wBN5/A_Million.jpg

SERIES PREMIERE

WHEN FACED WITH SUDDEN AND SHOCKING CIRCUMSTANCES, A GROUP OF FRIENDS QUICKLY DISCOVERS THAT FRIENDSHIP ISN'T JUST ONE THING, ON THE PREMIERE OF ABC'S 'A MILLION LITTLE THINGS,' WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 26

"pilot" - They say friendship isn't one big thing, it's a million little things; and that's true for a group of friends from Boston who bond under unexpected circumstances in the premiere episode of "A Million Little Things," airing WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 26 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand. Some have achieved success, others are struggling in their careers and relationships, but all of them feel stuck in life. After one of them dies by suicide, it's just the wake-up call the others need to finally start living.

"A Million Little Things" stars David Giuntoli as Eddie Saville, Ron Livingston as Jon Dixon, Romany Malco as Rome Howard, Allison Miller as Maggie Bloom, Christina Moses as Regina Howard, Christina Ochoa as Ashley Morales, Grace Park as Katherine Kim, James Roday as Gary Mendez, Stephanie Szostak as Delilah Dixon and Lizzy Greene as Sophie Dixon.

DJ Nash is creator and executive producer; Aaron Kaplan and Dana Honor are executive producers; and James Griffiths is the director on the pilot and an executive producer, from ABC Studios/Kapital Entertainment.

"pilot" was written by DJ Nash and directed by James Griffiths.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/21DRAvDs1_0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JeffTheAlpaca 09-26-18 07:16 PM

Re: A Million Little Things (ABC) -- S: Giuntoli, Livingston, Roday -- 9/26/18

ABC trying to copy This is US -rolleyes-

whotony 09-26-18 10:57 PM

The creator claims he had this idea in the works before This is Us came about.

But yeah that’s what it looks like.

Getting some bad blowback that this show glamorizes suicide.

I haven’t watched it yet.

Noonan 09-28-18 07:11 AM

Pretty powerful show, IMO. Started off not really knowing if it was a full drama or some type of mystery show to figure out why he did it. Although, that thought was gone by the end. I like the cast so I'll keep watching. I didn't see anything that would give me the impression they're "glamorizing" suicide. They deal with it well, however at the end when we get more knowledge of the characters, it starts to look like we know why he may have did it.

The speech that Conrad (From Weeds...don't know the actor's name) at the Bruin's game hit home a bit. There have been times when I wish I was able to open up like that.

DJariya 09-30-18 04:12 AM

I just caught this tonight and thought this was quite good. Agree very powerful, but somewhat dark considering the subject.

It's nothing at all like This is Us, so if this is sitting unwatched on your DVR, don't assume it's a ripoff of that show because it's not.

Some really good acting between Giuntoli, Roday and Malco. I didn't know that Livingston was only a guest star as he's the focus of the show. I didn't expect the big twist either with Giuntoli.

Looks like they shot the Pilot in Boston because they needed the Bruins game as the backdrop, but future episodes will be filmed in Canada.

Decker 09-30-18 10:07 AM

This is still $2.99 for the Season in HD at Amazon.

hdnmickey 10-01-18 02:13 PM

No idea where any "This Is Us" comparison's come from by anybody that has watched both shows. What I thought was odd is how little Grace Park is in this series if future episodes are like the first.

We really tried to enjoy this but so far it's just such a downer. And from the previews it doesn't seem to change much. Because of that I don't know if it will be one of the first series to get cancelled, so it goes to the very back of the DVR lineup in favor of shows were far more confident will make it through the season.

Noonan 10-01-18 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey (Post 13417900)
No idea where any "This Is Us" comparison's come from by anybody that has watched both shows.

My guess would be the multiple timelines with one of the "major" characters being dead.

hdnmickey 10-01-18 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13417916)
My guess would be the multiple timelines with one of the "major" characters being dead.

But the timelines are really not that far apart. Totally unlike This Is Us where they go back (or forward) decades. In some cases, many decades. That's what makes This Is Us unique.

Noonan 10-19-18 09:25 AM

Pretty good episode this week. The show is tackling some heavy stuff; IMO they're doing it well. All sorts of different situations they're dealing with between each other, including the children.

Romany (Rome) is my favorite character at this point.

Kal-El 10-22-18 01:40 PM

One of 2 new shows I've been watching every week as it airs. God Friended Me being the other one.

For some reason this resonated with me more than This Is Us. I like all the character interactions and the development of the story.
I’m glad the affair was exposed really into the series so we don’t have to deal with the 2 people dying of guilt with their group of friends not knowing.
Biggest mystery so far is what Ashley knows and what she’s hiding right?

DJariya 10-28-18 02:38 PM

Picked up for 4 more episodes: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...20181026abc02/

17 episodes total. It's considered a full season pick up.

Noonan 10-30-18 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13433774)
Picked up for 4 more episodes: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...20181026abc02/

17 episodes total. It's considered a full season pick up.

Great news. Even with the serious subject matter this is my favorite new show of the season. For the most part, all of the characters are believable.

DJariya 11-02-18 01:28 PM

I finally caught up with this yesterday. I binged 5 straight episodes.

You know what, this show is kind of a downer show, but I'm really resonating with the characters. I know watching a drama dealing with the aftermath of a suicide probably isn't appealing to some, but I think it's really becoming a solid drama.

My favorite relationship is Gary/Maggie (breast cancer couple) Roday and Miller have great chemistry.

I figured that Delilah was lying and was actually pregnant with Eddie's baby. His situation is pretty messed up, especially with how Katherine found out. But, I'm glad they didn't drag out their secret affair.

and it was interesting seeing how Rome was dealing with his depression and then Reggie finding his suicide note and their talk. That was a very heart wrenching scene.

Some really compelling episodes in the last few weeks. I know not everyone is going to agree, but I like this almost as much as This is Us. Seems like the big lingering angle is why Jon killed himself since Ashley is hiding his suicide note.

windom 12-12-18 03:17 PM

Moving to Thursdays after Grey's starting Jan. 17th: https://deadline.com/2018/12/abc-mid...te-1202518178/

Noonan 12-12-18 03:18 PM

Hmm; wonder if they'll have to adjust content for a pre-10pm time slot?

This and FBI are a toss up for my favorite new show this year. Although depressing at times, this show is fantastic.

Kal-El 12-13-18 06:11 PM

Caught up with this the last couple of days as well. All the characters and actors who portray them are great. I'm in love with Grace Park's dimples.

Noonan 12-14-18 07:16 AM

More to the story than we thought. interesting revelation at the end of the episode.

windom 01-25-19 01:16 PM

So it seems that Rome is to blame for the ranch dressing commercial I've been seeing lately. If you weren't aware, that commercial is real and this was product placement.

dex14 02-05-19 12:27 PM

Renewed: https://deadline.com/2019/02/the-goo...SZB7LkNtc8In_8

raven56706 04-08-19 07:55 AM

no one watches this show?

Noonan 04-08-19 08:17 AM

I do. My wife and I love it.

raven56706 04-08-19 08:32 AM

i started bingeing it with the wife and got to the midseason finale

i swear this show is just one big key party hahahaha

DJariya 10-10-19 04:45 PM

A Million Little Things (ABC) -- Season 2

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...329b193f19.jpg

19 episode 2nd season that premiered 2 weeks ago

The 1st season was so good and addictive. I'm a little behind, so I haven't seen the 1st 2 episodes yet.

Noonan 01-27-20 07:36 AM

Re: A Million Little Things (ABC) -- Season 2

Anyone else watching S2? This show doesn't seem to have legs like This is Us. S2 just started back up and the stories are already feeling kinda stale, IMO.