DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Gifted (FOX) -- Season 2 Thread -- premieres 9/25/18 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/645304-gifted-fox-season-2-thread-premieres-9-25-18-a.html)

DJariya 09-25-18 12:03 AM

The Gifted (FOX) -- Season 2 Thread -- premieres 9/25/18

https://i.postimg.cc/cHDjS3y9/thegif...fb_ig_FULL.png

THE MUTANT UNDERGROUND RETURNS ON THE ALL-NEW SEASON TWO PREMIERE OF "THE GIFTED" TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, ON FOX

Reeva Payge purges the Inner Circle of those who disagree with her, and she emerges as their sole leader. Six months later, the remaining members of the Mutant Underground have relocated to Washington, D.C., where Sentinel Services is being even more ruthless about tracking down mutants. Desperate for answers, Eclipse and Caitlin secretly meet with criminal hacker Wire (guest star Brad Carter) to get info on the Inner Circle. Meanwhile, Polaris prepares for the birth of her baby. Worried that all might not go as planned, she makes a secret pact with Andy in the all-new "eMergence" Season Two premiere episode of THE GIFTED airing Tuesday, Sept. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GIF-201) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Stephen Moyer as Reed Strucker; Amy Acker as Caitlin Strucker; Sean Teale as Eclipse/Marcos Diaz; Jamie Chung as Blink/Clarice Fong aka Clarice Ferguson; Coby Bell as Jace Turner; Emma Dumont as Polaris/Lorna Dane; Blair Redford as Thunderbird/John Proudstar; Natalie Alyn Lind as Lauren Strucker; Percy Hynes White as Andy Strucker; Skyler Samuels as Frost Sisters/Esme, Sophie and Phoebe; Grace Byers as Reeva Payge

Guest Cast: Brad Carter as Wire, Hayley Loveitt as Sage, Renes Rivera as Bulk, Danube Hermosillo as Cristina, Vince Pisani as Dr. Kelsey, Christian Finlayson as Young Reed

dex14 09-25-18 05:28 AM

re: The Gifted (FOX) -- Season 2 Thread -- premieres 9/25/18

This was solid last year, I hope the quality continues.

It didn't get much talk here previously. I wonder if anyone picked it up in the offseason.

Tom Banjo 09-26-18 07:26 AM

First episode was also solid, equal quality to laast season, imho.

dex14 09-26-18 07:34 AM

Good start. Pretty effects heavy.

hdnmickey 09-26-18 09:21 AM

We watched all of S1 and are back for S2. Thought it was a great return episode. Not really liking the new look for the brother, but I guess it fits his unlikable character.

Not sure if they ever said what the dad's powers were before, but it's clear they are trying to return. Whether he wants them to or not.

johnnysd 09-26-18 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by hdnmickey (Post 13414527)
We watched all of S1 and are back for S2. Thought it was a great return episode. Not really liking the new look for the brother, but I guess it fits his unlikable character.

Not sure if they ever said what the dad's powers were before, but it's clear they are trying to return. Whether he wants them to or not.

Great first episode. Best of the Super Hero shows in my opinion. The father had his powers suppressed by his father who was also a mutant. The grandparents could link like the brother and sister and were evil. Clearly they are coming back, which was expected.

DJariya 09-26-18 10:21 PM

Good start. Some really good special effects. This show must have a pretty huge special effects budget. Seems like this episode was more about the conflict within the 2 Mutant groups. Lorna and Andy's loyalties are split. The Sentinel agent Jace, who was their main adversary last season was nowhere to be found in this one.

I did like the introduction to the apparent new villain Reeva. And Reed does seem to be holding back his powers.

I do hope this split Mutant group doesn't last the entire season.

dex14 10-02-18 07:38 PM

Re: The Gifted (FOX) -- Season 2 Thread -- premieres 9/25/18

Just going to turn this into the season thread. Not many posts and last season’s threads barely had any posts beyond the premiere.

gerrythedon 10-02-18 11:38 PM

Here's a post

I fell asleep during the 2nd half... :(

Gizmo 10-03-18 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by gerrythedon (Post 13418860)
Here's a post

I fell asleep during the 2nd half... :(

Same thing happened to me.

gerrythedon 10-03-18 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Gizmo (Post 13418895)
Same thing happened to me.

-eek-

dex14 11-06-18 09:46 PM

Anyone still watching this? I’m just not invested anymore. Close to dropping.

DWilson 11-06-18 11:16 PM

I found the series hard to get into, -I suppose because I really never warmed up to the characters, -and I've finally dropped it.

hdnmickey 11-07-18 08:03 AM

Still watching. Thought the new 'inside out" character was played well. Only gripe about the series is that they introduced yet another screecher as the big bad. I find the whole idea of screeching as a super power totally lame, but shows looking to cut budget must love it given all the actor has to do is open their mouth, and look stupid, as they supposedly take everybody out.

mugwump 11-07-18 09:35 AM

I'm still enjoying it and it's one of the few shows I still watch on the night it airs. Of course I missed whatever the big reveal was with the Frosts since the local news decided to break in with the shocking news that apparently there was an election and that, yes, they were going to cover it in just a few minutes.

hdnmickey 11-07-18 09:49 AM

Not sure there was a Frost related reveal during the most recent episode. Seemed to be all about the sewer people accepting the refugees and who the new "inside out" character was and what she can do.

Orbi-Wan Techno 11-07-18 04:48 PM

Danger Room!

Kdogg 11-07-18 05:25 PM

I’m still watching. Usually I don’t mind a show that’s a slow burn but with the Disney takeover I’m not sure if this lasts.

gerrythedon 11-07-18 06:36 PM

Fell asleep again, just not caring about show. Won't miss it if it's cancelled or finished.

MikahC 11-09-18 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by mugwump (Post 13439701)
I'm still enjoying it and it's one of the few shows I still watch on the night it airs. Of course I missed whatever the big reveal was with the Frosts since the local news decided to break in with the shocking news that apparently there was an election and that, yes, they were going to cover it in just a few minutes.

Originally Posted by hdnmickey (Post 13439713)
Not sure there was a Frost related reveal during the most recent episode. Seemed to be all about the sewer people accepting the refugees and who the new "inside out" character was and what she can do.

Sewer people were last week. This week was, in fact, exposition of the Frost girls. I would hope Fox streaming comes to the rescue for those who were interrupted and want to see the whole episode. I don't remember everything but...

Spoiler:
There were actually 5 Frosts originally. They are clones, and the scientists who created them used them for bad purposes. While breaking out, the triplets thought they'd also save the other 2, but the 2 were killed via collar before they could do so. The triplets lived the other 2 dying (via their connection) as they died.

mugwump 11-09-18 01:34 PM

Thanks for the recap. I was planning to check it out On Demand but you saved me the trouble.

joltman 01-11-19 07:27 AM

This show has been a chore for me to watch this season so I've been behind on it, but I just watched episode 10 from last week and really liked the second half. I'm actually looking forward to watching it more for the first time this season, hopefully it keeps it going.

PhantomStranger 01-11-19 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by joltman (Post 13478176)
This show has been a chore for me to watch this season so I've been behind on it, but I just watched episode 10 from last week and really liked the second half. I'm actually looking forward to watching it more for the first time this season, hopefully it keeps it going.

Generally, I've been less excited about season two than season one. Splitting up Lorna from the others wasn't a great storytelling decision. Also, the repeated easter eggs pointing towards Magneto have been a cruel tease.

Word on the street is that this show is likely to be canceled given the ratings.

Original Desmond 01-19-19 06:47 PM

I'm 3 episodes from being up to date

Overall a good season but i was mega mega mega mega pissed when they killed off Rebecca aka Twist. She was an AWESOME character !

Love a bit of mutant on human killing

Cellar Door 01-23-19 12:03 AM

Does anyone else find the way the Lauren/Andy relationship is depicted to be a little... uncomfortable? Like, not literally incestuous, but kinda metaphorically incestuous? They have this deep desire to be with each other--so much so that they dream about each other. When they touch each other, they apparently get a physical 'rush', a feeling of exhilaration. They know it's wrong, but they can't fight what's drawing them together. The way Andy (while channeling the Frosts) was trying to convince Lauren to come to him in tonight's episode really highlighted this quality of their relationship. "Remember how it used to be? How great it was when we were together? I miss that." Sounds more like something you'd say to an old flame you're trying to rekindle, not your sister.