Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Big Bang Theory (CBS) -- Season 12 -- The Final Season -- premieres 9/24/18

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-24-18, 08:33 AM

SHELDON AND AMY HONEYMOON, ON THE 12th SEASON PREMIERE OF "THE BIG BANG THEORY," ON A SPECIAL NIGHT, MONDAY, SEPT. 24

Editor's note: The air time of this episode has changed.

Kathy Bates and Teller Return as Amy's Parents, and Neil deGrasse Tyson Guest Stars as Himself

"The Conjugal Configuration" - Sheldon and Amy's honeymoon runs aground in New York, while Penny and Leonard discover they are uncomfortably similar to Amy's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Fowler (Teller and Kathy Bates). Also, Koothrappali insults physicist Neil deGrasse Tyson and starts a Twitter war, on the 12th season premiere of THE BIG BANG THEORY, on a special night, Monday, Sept. 24 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

Johnny Galecki (Leonard)
Jim Parsons (Sheldon)
Kaley Cuoco (Penny)
Simon Helberg (Wolowitz)
Kunal Nayyar (Koothrappali)
Mayim Bialik (Amy)
Melissa Rauch (Bernadette)

RECURRING CAST:

Kathy Bates (Mrs. Fowler)
Teller (Mr. Fowler)
Neil deGrasse Tyson (Himself)
Bill Nye (Himself)

GUEST CAST:

Giovanni Bejarano (Bellman)
Ciara Renee (Sunny Morrow)
Andy Kim (Tour Guide)

STORY BY: Chuck Lorre, Eric Kaplan, Tara Hernandez

TELEPLAY BY: Steve Holland, Maria Ferrari, Jeremy Howe

DIRECTED BY: Mark Cendrowski
Moves to Thursdays later this week.

Last edited by dex14; 09-24-18 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-24-18, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: The Big Bang Theory (CBS) -- Season 12 -- The Final Season -- premieres 9/24/18

So one episode tonight, then it moves to Thursdays and airs the second episode this week....

Honestly I'd have preferred it just stuck with the Monday night time slot, lol. My Thursdays are so full while Monday's are often fairly empty. In any case Wednesday is the emptiest day of the week for this Fall season of television of what I've opted to watch.
Old 09-24-18, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: The Big Bang Theory (CBS) -- Season 12 -- The Final Season -- premieres 9/24/18

I wonder if any of the cast is upset with Jim Parsons not wanting to another season or two? That's a lot of money that's going to be left at the table.
Old 09-24-18, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I mean either way itís lasted a long time. Not sure how much longer they could have really drug it out. Itíll be interesting to see if any of them do anything of note after this ends. They all work on this show but I donít know if any of them are stars enough to make it in other things (including Parsons).
Old 09-24-18, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
I wonder if any of the cast is upset with Jim Parsons not wanting to another season or two? That's a lot of money that's going to be left at the table.
The actresses who play Amy and Bernie probably aren't too happy - since I believe they make a lot less than the other 5. Although, I'm sure it's a shitload more money they were making before this show - and more money than I would ever see.
Old 09-24-18, 04:15 PM

Thank goodness it's almost over. This show has been running on fumes for at least 3 seasons.
Old 09-24-18, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kind of a so-so season premiere in my opinion. Best parts were with Leonard/Penny and Mr. and Mrs. Farrah Fowler. Howard and Bernadette were kind of just there not doing much and the Sheldon and Amy stuff I didnít find very funny. Rajís part was mostly stupid too. Funniest part of it was the end with Neil deGrasse Tyson and Bill Nye. Kinda bittersweet knowing this is going to be the last season but yet I donít find the show incredibly good anymore.
Old 09-25-18, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
Mr. and Mrs. Farrah Fowler.
Just Fowler.
Old 09-25-18, 10:24 AM

The premiere was painful to watch. This show was fun when it was about nerd culture. But it has devolved into a relationship comedy... a bad one.
Old 09-25-18, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
The actresses who play Amy and Bernie probably aren't too happy - since I believe they make a lot less than the other 5. Although, I'm sure it's a shitload more money they were making before this show - and more money than I would ever see.
Still, the actresses have been well set up for their future endeavors. I'm not saying either would be leads, but I'm sure they could get regular work if they wanted. Mayim Bialyk would have to change her look for other shows since she's playing more of a caricature.
Old 09-25-18, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
It is much less, yes. But the original five gave up $100K from their salaries to accommodate. In 2017:

Four-time Emmy nominee Bialik and Rauch's five colleagues each took a $100,000 per episode pay cut (the five originals will be making $900,000 an episode) in a show of support for their co-stars. Rauch and Bialik's deals are said to be for more than $425,000 per episode, up significantly from the $175,000 they negotiated three years ago. The latter deal was brokered before Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco — who negotiated together — each signed $1 million per episode deals that first brought the trio into Friends-level territory. (Helberg and Nayyar saw their salaries this season jump to parity with Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco as part of a "favored nations" clause from their last round of negotiations three years ago.)
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...-return-998201

Last edited by dex14; 09-25-18 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-25-18, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 View Post
The premiere was painful to watch. This show was fun when it was about nerd culture. But it has devolved into a relationship comedy... a bad one.
Agreed. The show was at its best early on when it was just about the guys being the guys. Now itís just any other relationship sitcom that uses nerdy elements sparingly. About all we get now is usually some science jargon with the occasional reference thrown in (and really last nightsís was Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, because thatís really something nerds would be into??). I do like the female characters but the dynamic of the show has definitely changed from what it once was.
Old 09-25-18, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Question:

Do you think the original script had Sheldon thrusting just one hot dog at Amy, but CBS censors nixed that as being too obvious?
Old 09-25-18, 01:23 PM

About all we get now is usually some science jargon with the occasional reference thrown in (and really last nightsís was Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, because thatís really something nerds would be into??).
Gay nerds... not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 09-25-18, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

(and really last nightsís was Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, because thatís really something nerds would be into??).
Yeah I gotta say I know these characters are "evolving" but I never thought of Sheldon being able to sit through something like that.

Overall they are just going to have fun this season.. I think there will be a lot of guest stars (if we don't see Harrison Ford I'll be very disappointed) but I think they've abandoned many of the older character traits for good.
Old 09-27-18, 06:35 AM

Episode 2 premieres tonight in the regular time slot.
Old 09-27-18, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Yeah I gotta say I know these characters are "evolving" but I never thought of Sheldon being able to sit through something like that.
It was Leonard and Raj. That fits both their characters.
Old 09-27-18, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Love this show but it's just not funny anymore. It's almost sad... But hey, I laughed a lot during the 1st episode of Young Sheldon!
Old 09-27-18, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
It was Leonard and Raj. That fits both their characters.
More Raj maybe. I dunno I just thought when that was the main reference of that episode that it was fairly weak.
Old 09-27-18, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

More Raj maybe. I dunno I just thought when that was the main reference of that episode that it was fairly weak.
Agreed, but Leonard paid of the ticket
Old 09-27-18, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

It seems like Amy should have been well aware of Sheldon pre-scheduling everything.

Neil deGrasse Tyson and Bill Nye were the highlights for me, which was really just the last 2 minutes of the episode.
Old 09-27-18, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post

Neil deGrasse Tyson and Bill Nye were the highlights for me, which was really just the last 2 minutes of the episode.
Pretty much this. The first 22 minutes were dreadful.
Old 09-27-18, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Second episode was considerably better than the premiere in my opinion. Sheldon and Amy trying to figure out the gift from Leonard and Penny and their ďscavenger huntĒ was good stuff. Kinda sad that Stuart has become less pathetic than Raj. Theyíve really shit on Raj for a good chunk of the series considering heís been there since the start with the other three guys. Howard and Bernadette didnít do a whole lot this episode but some funny banter between them like the line about being groomed and some of the stuff with them making fun of Stuart after his mishap.
Old 09-28-18, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

looks like we are headed for a double raj stuart wedding finale with a baby twist for penny... yeah seems like the show has run it's course...
Old 09-28-18, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They should have just kept Raj with that quiet girl he saw a couple times I believe a couple seasons ago. At least that way we could have seen their relationship develop. I donít see more than a couple episodes devoting a lot of time to Raj meeting someone and itís going to be a tough sell that heíll end up married by the series finale (if thatís where things are leading). I donít think with Stuart thereís as much of a need to close the book and marry him off. As long as we see heís with the girl from his shop and they continue dating throughout the season I think heíll have a satisfying enough arc.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.