Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Big Bang Theory (CBS) -- Season 12 -- The Final Season -- premieres 9/24/18

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Big Bang Theory (CBS) -- Season 12 -- The Final Season -- premieres 9/24/18

Old 09-29-18, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: The Big Bang Theory (CBS) -- Season 12 -- The Final Season -- premieres 9/24/18

Yeah I liked the second episode a lot better. The jokes about the wedding gift stuff was amusing.
Old 09-29-18, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The Big Bang Theory (CBS) -- Season 12 -- The Final Season -- premieres 9/24/18

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy View Post
looks like we are headed for a double raj stuart wedding finale with a baby twist for penny... yeah seems like the show has run it's course...

While I belive all three could be in the cards, I think they'll be split up throughout the season.

I can even see them bringing back one of Raj's past girlfriends after he agreed to the arranged marriage. Hopefully this one:

Old 09-29-18, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Second episode was much better. I loved the bizarre gift/scavenger hunt.

Stealing the tanning spray stuff from Friends was kinda lame, but it was nice seeing Stuart as a normal human being for a change.
Old 09-29-18, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The whole Raj thing reminds me of Dr. Zoidberg finding love with a woman who has no sense of smell for some reason. I figured his character arc would end with him returning to India, which I guess could still happen.
Old 10-12-18, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Ruler

Finally.. I think last night's episode was one of the best in years.
Old 10-12-18, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have actually really liked the Raj storyline, and it's not uncommon among Indian-Americans. There's a great documentary called "Meet the Patels", featuring actor Ravi Patel (he's been on many TV shows). It's remarkably similar to Raj's situation; he's unable to find a steady relationship the typical American way (he even splits up with a very pretty redhead at the beginning of the movie), and finally decides "If it worked for my parents, why won't it work for me?" and has his parents try to find an Indian-American wife. Very informational about the specific lineages of families in India (his parents will only set him up with women from a particular family).
Old 10-12-18, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm enjoying the Raj story too, although i'm not keen on the actress playing his future wife.
Old 10-12-18, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, it would be more believable if the actress was an actor.
Old 10-12-18, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Finally.. I think last night's episode was one of the best in years.
Agreed. Every plot was solid and more importantly, they were funny.

"Gettin' lucky" Stuart is way funnier than sad sack, suicidal Stuart.
Old 10-22-18, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
While I belive all three could be in the cards, I think they'll be split up throughout the season.

I can even see them bringing back one of Raj's past girlfriends after he agreed to the arranged marriage. Hopefully this one:

Oh yeah for sure. Was about to post this.

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
I'm enjoying the Raj story too, although i'm not keen on the actress playing his future wife.
Yeah me too. Something about her is annoying. Maybe they'll pull a Frasier and he won't end up with anyone. Just a hope of the future. I really wonder why they never gave him a steady GF? Were they worried about it messing up the dynamic of the show? It will be odd to kind of shoehorn someone in now since the girls are so close now.

I've still really enjoyed this show. Yeah it's changed from what it used to be but that's the point. I think they've done a good job evolving these characters and seeing them change has been very satisfying. Although they've got to give Leonard something to do. When was the last time we saw him do actual work. Seems like Penny has softened his edge for science.
Old 10-22-18, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by tanman View Post
O

Yeah me too. Something about her is annoying. Maybe they'll pull a Frasier and he won't end up with anyone. Just a hope of the future. I really wonder why they never gave him a steady GF? Were they worried about it messing up the dynamic of the show? It will be odd to kind of shoehorn someone in now since the girls are so close now.

e.
Once they got Raj to the point where he could actually speak to women when he was sober, he had two defining characteristics. One was that he was both a hopeful and hopeless romantic. The other was his bro-mance with Howard.

They were too comfortable going to the well over and over again to get laughs based on those two ideas to mess it up by putting Raj in a real lasting relationship with a woman.

I suspect that they will slow play his engagement and not try to incorporate his fiancee into the group, but knowing the show is ending they will want the marriage settled so Raj can have a happy ending.

BTW: Think about this!

Kaley Cuoco is not yet 35 years old but she has done 17 years of consistent work as a star of one TV series or another. That's kind of fucking incredible.
Old 10-24-18, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Count Dooku View Post
BTW: Think about this!

Kaley Cuoco is not yet 35 years old but she has done 17 years of consistent work as a star of one TV series or another. That's kind of fucking incredible.
I had to look this up, but Justin Berfield was the little kid on the WB ripoff of Married With Children, Unhappily Ever After for 4 years, then 6 more on Malcolm in the Middle. Not exactly a "star", obviously, but 10 years of steady television work by the time he was 20.
Old 10-24-18, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Paff View Post
I had to look this up, but Justin Berfield was the little kid on the WB ripoff of Married With Children, Unhappily Ever After for 4 years, then 6 more on Malcolm in the Middle. Not exactly a "star", obviously, but 10 years of steady television work by the time he was 20.
Getting work and being a TV star are different things as you mention.
Old 02-07-19, 08:17 PM

Ah... finally a return of what this series has been missing for years...
Old 02-07-19, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Seems Penny will have a change of heart and want Leonard's baby before the finale.
Old 02-07-19, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
Seems Penny will have a change of heart and want Leonard's baby before the finale.
That was obvious the second she said she didn't want to have kids earlier in the season.

Bernie's voice was slipping in and out of character throughout the episode. It wasn't as high pitched as it normally is and much closer to what the actress actually sounds like.

Raj's chick does nothing for me - looks or personality.
Old 02-08-19, 05:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I agree on Raj's girlfriend. Total misfire. They should have abandoned ship when they called off the arranged marriage.
Old 02-08-19, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Kaley
Old 02-08-19, 08:49 AM

Old 02-08-19, 10:03 AM

Even though I'm not a fan of Raj's girlfriend either, she's the first realistic partner for any of the show's male characters.

Penny, Bernadette, and Denise are all impossibly hot for their respective geeky mates, and there's no girl in the universe with low enough self-esteem to put up with the shit that Amy does.
Old 02-08-19, 01:04 PM

It’s all ending with a bigger bang.

CBS’ The Big Bang Theory will wrap its 12-season run this spring with a double-episode series finale, series co-creator Chuck Lorre tells TVLine.

“It will be an hour — two episodes that will connect,” Lorre confirmed on Thursday. “It will be two separate episodes,” airing on the same night (date TBA), “that will have a through line .”

Lorre shared the news with us on-set, where the hitcom was being honored by having its longtime home, Stage 25, be dedicated as “The Big Bang Theory Stage.” It marks only the fifth time in Warner Bros. Studios’ 95-year history that such as honor has been bestowed (following ER, Friends, Two and a Half Men and The Ellen Degeneres Show).

Prior to his Two and a Half Men meriting its own dedication, “I didn’t even know that was an option. You don’t think about that,” Lorre said. “We come to work every day to make a good show, we don’t think about getting a plaque. But the plaque is extremely rewarding! It kind of makes the show a part of the history of the lot.”

As part of the dedication ceremony, it was also noted that The Big Bang Theory stands as the longest-running multi-camera series in television history, with 279 episodes.

Not only did Lorre not expect to achieve that milestone, “I didn’t anticipate Season 2! We didn’t know if we were going to make it,” he said. “I don’t dream like that. The dreams are, ‘How do we make the show we’re doing right now better? How do we fix that scene in the second act? Is the story working, are the jokes working…? You’re focused on what’s right in front of you.”
https://tvline.com/2019/02/08/the-bi...RH7WrhKRebyTXg
Old 02-08-19, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Even though I'm not a fan of Raj's girlfriend either, she's the first realistic partner for any of the show's male characters.

Penny, Bernadette, and Denise are all impossibly hot for their respective geeky mates, and there's no girl in the universe with low enough self-esteem to put up with the shit that Amy does.
True, but this is television not reality. Also, Denise looks more like the guys type than Penny or Bernadette so I'd say the show is roughly 50-50 on the female leads lining up with their male counterparts.
Old 02-08-19, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Bernie's voice was slipping in and out of character throughout the episode.
I noticed that too.. it was especially bad in the waiting room while they were filling out the disclaimers.

About the finale.. I've said this before but now that it's getting closer..

If this doesn't end with the very last few seconds showing an elevator repair truck pulling up to the building. i"ll be very disappointed.
Old 02-10-19, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
If this doesn't end with the very last few seconds showing an elevator repair truck pulling up to the building. i"ll be very disappointed.

Right after they spend the episode moving out of the building.

With only nine episodes to go, and most storylines going nowhere, I predict the series finale is going to be on the "How I Met Your Mother" level of disappointment.
Old 02-10-19, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jason View Post
With only nine episodes to go, and most storylines going nowhere, I predict the series finale is going to be on the "How I Met Your Mother" level of disappointment.
I would have thought that Penny getting pregnant could have been a storyline for the finale but they just doubled down on her not wanting children (at this time), so that would be a huge reversal in just 10 episodes.

If they do a finale where something big happens, it would have to be Penny and Leonard moving out of the apartment.
The most likely scenario is Leonard getting a position at another university, but I would like it if Penny were the one advancing in her career in a big way, and Leonard "following her" to another place.

Perhaps that prospect would push Amy and Sheldon into buying a house, so they all leave the building. But like Friends, I think the poignancy will focus on the apartment that hs been the group's gathering spot for 12 years.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.