Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

I Feel Bad (NBC) S: Sarayu Blue, Paul Adelstein, EP: Poehler -- premieres 9/19/18

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

I Feel Bad (NBC) S: Sarayu Blue, Paul Adelstein, EP: Poehler -- premieres 9/19/18

Old 09-19-18, 06:39 AM

Emet is the perfect mom, boss, wife, friend and daughter. OK, she's not perfect. In fact, she's just figuring it out like the rest of us. Sure, she feels bad when she has a sexy dream about someone other than her husband, or when she pretends not to know her kids when they misbehave in public, or when she uses her staff to help solve personal problems. But that's OK, right? Nobody can have it all and do it perfectly. From executive producer Amy Poehler comes a modern comedy about being perfectly OK with being imperfect. The cast includes Sarayu Blue, Paul Adelstein, Aisling Bea, Zach Cherry, Johnny Pemberton and James Buckley. Aseem Batra will write and executive produce. Julie Anne Robinson will direct and executive produce the pilot. Amy Poehler, Dave Becky and Josh Maurer also executive produce. "I Feel Bad" is produced by Universal Television, Paper Kite Productions, CannyLads Productions and 3 Arts Entertainment.
Old 09-20-18, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: I Feel Bad (NBC) S: Sarayu Blue, Paul Adelstein, EP: Poehler -- premieres 9/19/18

Pretty bad...and I usually like most dumb network sitcoms. I'll probably give it a few more episodes to see if it gets any better. This could be the first cancellation of the season. They could always plug in B99.
Old 09-20-18, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: I Feel Bad (NBC) S: Sarayu Blue, Paul Adelstein, EP: Poehler -- premieres 9/19/18

I watched it with waning interest as we scoured for vacations... it wasn't horrible (what I observed) and I'd watch if it was on... I don't plan to DVR this yet, however.
Old 09-20-18, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think with Amy Poehler attached they would let this run its course.
Old 09-23-18, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Man, that was really terrible.

The writing and acting were so bad I was cringing while watching it. The work scenes with the nerdy guys were trying so hard to force the jokes down your throat. The scene where the mom and her friend were doing some godawful dance to try and embarrass her young daughter into not doing 'sexy' dance moves? Just mind-numbingly stupid. I could feel my brain cells dying, so I bailed there, and didn't even finish the first episode.
Old 09-24-18, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The first ep was ok. Reminded me if Jim Gaffigans show a little.

Second show was awful tired rehash sitcom stuff.
Old 11-08-18, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

No back order: https://deadline.com/2018/11/brookly...bc-1202498383/

It will finish up the 1st season after 13 episodes. Probably no season 2.

I actually sort of like the show now after hating the first 2 episodes. It seems like this would be a better fit as a non-network show, like on Lifetime or something. Does Lifetime have sitcoms?