Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
Old 12-10-20, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dex14
Available now:
WandaVision
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Loki (Seasons 1, 2)
What If...? (Seasons 1, 2)
Hawkeye
Moon Knight
Ms. Marvel
I Am Groot (animated shorts)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
Werewolf by Night - Halloween Special
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
Secret Invasion
Echo
X-Men '97 (Season 1)

Upcoming:
Agatha All Along
Ironheart
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (animated series)
Daredevil: Born Again
Marvel Zombies (animated series)
Eyes of Wakanda (animated series)
Untitled Wakanda series
Wonder Man
Nova
Vision Quest
Print Wikipost

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Old 11-12-19, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 745 Likes on 545 Posts
re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

so it's really going to be like an old 50's sitcom?
Old 11-12-19, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Shouldn’t the events of Endgame have technically erased Sharon Carter from existence? Or does Cap grow old with an alternate universe Peggy? That’s kind of unclear in Endgame. The pre-Strange Sorcerer Supreme talks about stuff creating alternate timelines, but it also seemed like Cap grew old in his original timeline, rather than creating a new one.
Old 11-12-19, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,809 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Sharon Carter is Peggy's great-niece, so Steve staying back in the 50s or whatever shouldn't have any effect on her.

It's not known what timeline Steve stayed back in married Peggy. If Steve stayed in an alternate period, then he shouldn't have been sitting on the bench.

I wonder why they just didn't have Bruce being Steve back, and we see that he's an old man. He would have stayed back in one of the timelines, married Peggy, lived with, then, after she died, he would have used the suit to return to the prime timeline with the shield. That's consistent with how we've seen time travel work in the MCU, and doesn't raise all of these questions about the mechanics involved.
Old 11-12-19, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,709 Likes on 2,665 Posts

There's a new 12 minute special on Expanding the Universe. They talk about the new Disney + MCU shows and show footage from Feige at D23 and Comic Con.

I don't think it's been seen anywhere else, but they show new footage from the "What If?" series. You do see Peggy Carter and The Winter Soldier in animated form.
Old 11-12-19, 09:30 PM

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Sharon Carter is Peggy's great-niece, so Steve staying back in the 50s or whatever shouldn't have any effect on her.
Ah, ok. That makes sense. I had it in my head that Sharon was her granddaughter, and existed thanks to Peggy moving on and marrying someone else.
Old 11-13-19, 06:13 AM

Received 815 Likes on 530 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
Ah, ok. That makes sense. I had it in my head that Sharon was her granddaughter, and existed thanks to Peggy moving on and marrying someone else.
Here’s Sharon’s explanation:

Margaret Carter was known to most as a founder of SHIELD. But I just knew her as Aunt Peggy. She had a photograph in her office. Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK. As a kid, that was pretty cool. But, it was a lot to live up to. Which is why I never told anyone we were related. I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage at a time when no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either. And she said, compromise when you can. Where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move. It is your duty, to plant yourself like a tree, look them in they eye and say, " No... ... you move.”
Old 11-15-19, 05:46 PM

Received 4,681 Likes on 3,169 Posts

“Yesterday’s” Sophia Di Martino is in talks to join Tom Hiddleston in Disney Plus and Marvel’s “Loki” limited series.

Hiddleston is reprising the role of the antihero with “Sex Education” and “Daybreak” director Kate Herron helming the series. “Rick & Morty” scribe Michael Waldron penned the pilot and will act as show creator and exec produce the series.

Though it’s not been confirmed, the story is expected to follow Loki as he pops up throughout human history as an unlikely influencer on historical events. It is unknown who Di Martino will be playing in the series.

Marvel had no comment on the casting. Production is expected to start at the beginning of 2020.

Variety exclusively reported last year that Marvel and Disney were prepping multiple limited series centered on characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe who had yet to appear in their own standalone films, with “Loki” being one of the first series to get the greenlight. This past summer at D23 and San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel president Kevin Feige, who is also overseeing the development of the series, announced the upcoming slate of limited series expected to bow over the next couple of years, and “Loki” was front and center.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/l...-Fu60Dx6KRbU4Q
Old 12-09-19, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by devilshalo
so it's really going to be like an old 50's sitcom?

Old 12-09-19, 10:23 AM

Received 853 Likes on 559 Posts

I hope Vision walks in saying Wanda I’m home.
Old 12-09-19, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I am intrigued by Wandavision, but I also fear they might fumble the ball on this one if it's too "out there."

The MCU works because it offers a consistent vision, and even if you end up with a shitty movie like Incredible Hulk or Thor The Dark World, it's a shitty movie that still fits within the MCU and doesn't derail anything.
Old 12-09-19, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 245 Likes on 156 Posts

It's not known what timeline Steve stayed back in married Peggy. If Steve stayed in an alternate period, then he shouldn't have been sitting on the bench.
He could have used the quantum realm to return to the main continuity after Peggy passed away.

I like to think that Steve joined the fledgling SHIELD in his new timeline, ushering in a golden age of heroes in post WWII America while rooting out Hydra before it could gain a foothold. Howard Stark, Hank Pym, a young researcher named Reed Richards. All part of a universe we can only dream of.

Anyhow, it's more appealing that Steve Rogers hiding in Peggy's house for the next 75 years because everyone thinks he's dead.
Old 12-10-19, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk God

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...pected-1261586

Marvel TV is being dissolved and will merge into Marvel Studios.

This was widely expected so no surprise here.
Old 12-10-19, 06:20 PM

Good. Been saying that should’ve happened for years.

Writing was in the wall.
Old 12-17-19, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Old 12-23-19, 07:36 AM

Not sure who Daniel Richtman is, but he is saying Daniel Radcliffe's name is in the mix for Moon Knight. So, just consider this an unsubstantiated rumor.
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/12...VA6prE_7d94Nfo
Old 12-23-19, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,375 Likes on 936 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Not sure who Daniel Richtman is, but he is saying Daniel Radcliffe's name is in the mix for Moon Knight. So, just consider this an unsubstantiated rumor.
There is also a rumor that they may bring back Bernthal's Punisher for that series.
Old 12-23-19, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones
There is also a rumor that they may bring back Bernthal's Punisher for that series.
Yea... that one is from We Got This Covered and they are known to be full of shit.

I'd love if Bernthal were to be worked back in somehow though.
Old 12-23-19, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If Harry Potter gets Moon Knight, then he's most likely out of the running for Wolverine.
Old 12-23-19, 06:25 PM

If Harry Potter gets Moon Knight, then he's most likely out of the running for Wolverine.
Was that a thing?
Old 12-23-19, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Was that a thing?
Yeah, his name was coming up a lot. And, really, I don't think Radcliffe would be a bad choice if people can get over the Harry Potter baggage.

Old 12-23-19, 07:56 PM

I’m not sure if I see it, but I’m open to it. He shed the HP baggage long ago, IMO.
Old 12-24-19, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 181 Posts

I've watched less than 30 minutes of the HP franchise so that isn't clouding my judgement, and I can't see it. Marvel hasn't really miscast anyone yet, so if that's who they went with, I'm sure it would work out just fine.
Old 01-01-20, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,350 Likes on 4,343 Posts

WandaVision has been officially moved up from early 2021 to sometime in 2020.
Old 01-01-20, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 238 Likes on 142 Posts

Yea... that one is from We Got This Covered and they are known to be full of shit..
A guy on Twitter went through the last year on WGTC and found that of the last 400 Marvel rumors they posted, less than 2% ended up being true that hadn't already been reported front other reliable sources.
Old 01-11-20, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,165 Likes on 909 Posts

Marvel Studios Reportedly Delays Hawkeye Indefinitely

- January 11, 2020 04:47 pm ESTIt's going to be a bit longer before Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner) returns to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. According to one ace Marvel scooper, Disney+'s Hawkeye has been delayed indefinitely. The news comes from Charles Murphy and his Murphy's Multiverse website, where a new report suggests Marvel Studios is putting the Renner-led show on the back burner for the foreseeable future. In the report itself, there's no mention of how long exactly the series will be pushed back.

At one point, it had been reported Marvel was circling Bumblebee star Hailee Steinfeld to star in the series in the fan-favorite role of Kate Bishop. Since Steinfeld is now a hot name amongst Hollywood circles, it's plausible the Burbank-based studio wants to wait for her schedule to open up to guarantee she'll board the project.

A much different, grimmer take would be the recent allegations surrounding Renner's estranged relationship with ex-wife Sonni Pacheco. Last October, court documents surfaced online showing Pacheco had accused the Avengers star of abuse. Renner has since denied any allegations related to that specific incident.

Hawkeye was one of the original series announced for Disney+ by Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige last summer at San Diego Comic-Con. At the time, Renner was even on hand to help promote the show and some concept art that the studio brought to unveil to the masses at Hall H.

Last November, Steinfeld broke silence on the role by saying it wasn't something "that's necessarily happening." In an interview promoting her new Apple TV show, the actor told RadioTimes that we have "to wait and find out, I guess."
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2020/01...sney-plus-mcu/

Too bad to hear as I was interested in this one.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.