Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
Old 12-10-20, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dex14
Available now:
WandaVision
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Loki (Seasons 1, 2)
What If...? (Seasons 1, 2)
Hawkeye
Moon Knight
Ms. Marvel
I Am Groot (animated shorts)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
Werewolf by Night - Halloween Special
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
Secret Invasion
Echo
X-Men '97 (Season 1)

Upcoming:
Agatha All Along
Ironheart
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (animated series)
Daredevil: Born Again
Marvel Zombies (animated series)
Eyes of Wakanda (animated series)
Untitled Wakanda series
Wonder Man
Nova
Vision Quest
Print Wikipost

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Old 05-22-24, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,971 Likes on 2,029 Posts
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by DJariya
Paramount's loss is Marvel's gain. They didn't want to pay for a Star Trek Legacy or give him another job and now they're going through a sale. So he couldn't wait around any longer. I don't blame him.
Yeah, it's so disappointing that they haven't yet (but hopefully eventually will) move on Legacy. I mean, I hate to say this, but the TNG cast isn't getting any younger, and I'd like to have them put in a few guest appearances... (And they've already set up Q as a recurring guest as well.)
Old 05-22-24, 03:19 PM

Received 162 Likes on 117 Posts
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by dex14
Took a while to get "Vision Quest" off the ground. First reported on back in 2022.
Archer's best episode, IMO. Infinitely re-watchable.
Old 07-08-24, 11:03 AM

Received 4,815 Likes on 3,260 Posts

Old 07-08-24, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 576 Likes on 402 Posts

Looks good... I either forgot or didn't know Aubrey Plaza is in it. Woohoo!
Old 07-08-24, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 303 Likes on 222 Posts

Trailer didnít do anything for me but I canít imagine how awful a trailer would have to be for me to not give a show starring Aubrey Plaza and Kathryn Hahn a shot.
The following users liked this post:
Obi-Wanma (07-08-24)
Old 07-08-24, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,694 Likes on 4,568 Posts

I liked the opening bit that seemed to be a police procedural. The witch stuff looked pretty silly after that. But I loved WandaVision so I will give this a shot.
Abob Teff (07-13-24)
Old 07-08-24, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,487 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
But I loved WandaVision so I will give this a shot.
That's my attitude as well, hope it doesn't disappoint.
Old 07-08-24, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by Nesbit
Trailer didnít do anything for me but I canít imagine how awful a trailer would have to be for me to not give a show starring Aubrey Plaza and Kathryn Hahn a shot.
Originally Posted by Decker
I liked the opening bit that seemed to be a police procedural. The witch stuff looked pretty silly after that. But I loved WandaVision so I will give this a shot.
Both these posts sum up my feelings. I'm not excited to see this (the trailer, despite initial promise, did not help) but will give it a shot because of the two leads.
Old 07-11-24, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 86 Likes on 67 Posts

The trailer wasn't bad, but it seems like such a weird choice for Disney/Marvel.
Abob Teff (07-13-24)
Old 07-11-24, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,667 Posts

People constantly complain that they play it too safe (which I think has to be more about their movie output because their + stuff is pretty eclectic) so I'm ok with that, let's see what they can do.
The following 3 users liked this post by fujishig:
Abob Teff (07-13-24), Dan1boy (07-14-24), Deftones (07-11-24)
Old 07-13-24, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,330 Likes on 906 Posts

Originally Posted by Xander
The trailer wasn't bad, but it seems like such a weird choice for Disney/Marvel.
Originally Posted by fujishig
People constantly complain that they play it too safe (which I think has to be more about their movie output because their + stuff is pretty eclectic) so I'm ok with that, let's see what they can do.
This was the one show that left me scratching my head when they announced it. Who was asking for this?

That said, I would love to see them get back to their genre-jumping shows/movies, as I think that is one of their most successful periods. This did not feel like a Marvel show at all, but it did feel more along the lines of the one-off Werewolf By Night, so I'm willing to give it a go. Running it as a Halloween tie-in is a good move.

I was also intrigued by the detective angle . . . sad that they ruined that in the trailer.

Last edited by Abob Teff; 07-13-24 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-14-24, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,197 Likes on 930 Posts

To me Agatha just isnít that interesting of a character that she needs a series. Maybe a one off special like Werewolf by Night or something.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mike86:
Spiderbite (07-14-24), Xander (07-16-24)