Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
Old 12-10-20, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dex14
Available now:
WandaVision
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Loki (Seasons 1, 2)
What If...? (Seasons 1, 2)
Hawkeye
Moon Knight
Ms. Marvel
I Am Groot (animated shorts)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
Werewolf by Night - Halloween Special
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
Secret Invasion
Echo

Upcoming:
Ironheart
Agatha: Darkhold Diaries
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (animated series)
Daredevil: Born Again
Marvel Zombies (animated series)
X-Men '97 (animated series)
Eyes of Wakanda (animated series)
Untitled Wakanda series
Wonder Man
Nova
Vision Quest
Print Wikipost

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Old 11-29-23, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 697 Likes on 507 Posts
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by fujishig
As for X-men, that seems like decent representation as far as strength goes. Colossus, Beast and to a lesser extent Wolverine are the only ones with above average strength (since Thunderbird wasn't around all that long). As a side note, do you have this issue? It has the first appearance of Rogue (who is obviously not in the X-men yet and hasn't taken Carol's powers hence her not being included as well)
Wouldn't Jean be the most powerful of the X-men at the time?
Old 11-29-23, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Wasn't she dead by 1981? In any case I'd think telekinisis would be kind of cheating in a "how strong is" contest.
Old 12-12-23, 07:11 AM

Received 4,450 Likes on 3,018 Posts

Marvel has announced Eyes of Wakanda, a new animated series from the world of Black Panther that focuses on warriors from Wakanda's past traveling the world to recover dangerous vibranium artifacts.

The new series was announced during a special screening of two new episodes from Marvel's What If...? Season 2 and was part of a sneak peak sizzle reel for the future of Marvel animation.

Alongside re-confirming X-Men '97 and revealing the new name of Spider-Man: Freshman Year as Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, we learned the first details of Eyes of Wakanda.

"Throughout Wakandan history, brave warriors have been tasked to travel the world retrieving dangerous vibranium artifacts. This is their story," the official description reads.

We didn't learn much more about Eyes of Wakanda, but we did get some footage of Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider that showed Spidey swinging around in a new proto spider suit. As for X-Men '97, we got a good look at our favorite mutants in action, with a particular focus on Cyclops. There was also an awesome shot of Wolverine charging forward with glowing pink claws charged up by Gambit.

As for the What If...? episodes, we got a look at Episode 1 - 'What If... Nebula Joined the Nova Corps?' - and Episode 2 - 'What If Happy Hogan Saved Christmas?'

"In a world where Ronan deposes Thanos long before the events of “Infinity War,” Nebula is recruited to join the Nova Corps. Desperate to escape her father’s shadow, she sets out to prove her detective chops," the description reads for Episode 1.

"When Justin Hammer lays siege to Avengers Tower during the annual holiday party, there’s only one person left on site to stop him—Happy Hogan. But in setting out to prove his hero chops, Iron Man’s errand boy may end up transforming himself in more ways than one," the description reads for Season 2.

Marvel's What If...? Season 2 will debut on December 22 and a new episode will follow each night until all nine episodes become available.

Disney revealed in 2021 that Black Panther director Ryan Coogler would be developing a new series based on the Kingdom of Wakanda. If this is indeed that show, it would be the first project that is part of Disney's five-year overall exclusive television deal with Coogler's Proximity Media. This project was also confirmed to see the return of Danai Gurira's Okoye.
https://www.ign.com/articles/eyes-of...aded-to-disney
Old 12-12-23, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,398 Posts

TAs a side note, do you have this issue? It has the first appearance of Rogue (who is obviously not in the X-men yet and hasn't taken Carol's powers hence her not being included as well)
I used to have that issue, bought it new off the stands, but must have sold or traded it at some point.

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Wasn't she dead by 1981? In any case I'd think telekinisis would be kind of cheating in a "how strong is" contest.
Yeah, I think these ratings were just based on physical strength alone, not taking into account other powers.

Old 12-13-23, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,206 Likes on 825 Posts

I know we have said it for nearly every one of the new generation of Spider-Man movies and usually they work out, but . . .

THAT ONE truly is the WORST title EVER. Apologies to all the SMFYAYFNSM fans.

I didn't even know a new Spider-Man was in the works.

Also, I know I am a horrible person, but I hate Happy Hogan and am not looking forward to a What If? episode about him. Although, I am envisioning as Die Hard in Avengers Tower . . . (see what I did there?)
Old 12-13-23, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 567 Likes on 413 Posts

I like FNSM itís a homage to the Ď67 Series.
Old 12-14-23, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by whotony
I like FNSM itís a homage to the Ď67 Series.
Hope it gets an update of the '67 theme song for the opening credits.
The following users liked this post:
whotony (12-14-23)
Old 12-14-23, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
I know we have said it for nearly every one of the new generation of Spider-Man movies and usually they work out, but . . .

THAT ONE truly is the WORST title EVER. Apologies to all the SMFYAYFNSM fans.

I didn't even know a new Spider-Man was in the works.

They dropped the "Spider-Man: Freshman Year", so it's not SMFYAYFNSM, it's just YFNSM
Old 12-15-23, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JTH182
They dropped the "Spider-Man: Freshman Year", so it's not SMFYAYFNSM, it's just YFNSM
I honestly wasn't sure if he was joking about that or not.
Old 12-15-23, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,206 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by cultshock
I honestly wasn't sure if he was joking about that or not.
I wasn't. But I also thought it was the next movie, so . . . I double lost there.

Now I'm just waiting for Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and Gwen: How I Met Your Spider-Mother, or YFNSMAGHIMYSM.
Old 12-21-23, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 212 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by cultshock
Heh, those are the same two that I can't identify either. The second one looks familiar, but dammit, I forget his name.

Yeah, you'd think there would be more X-Men shown, at that point (1981) they were getting pretty popular. They even had a cameo appearance in the annual (which I bought new off the newsstand) that was promoted on the cover, so they were definitely becoming a thing by that point.

And only 75 cents for a 48 page annual, those were the days! I always couldn't wait for summer for two things, no school and buying all the comic book annuals, those were a big deal back then.
That was one great comic book. Those were the days.
Old 01-17-24, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,469 Likes on 2,496 Posts

Tatiana Maslany says a season 2 of She-Hulk is unlikely. She says they blew their budget. Season 1’s budget was reportedly $225M

Old 01-17-24, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 948 Likes on 591 Posts

I know it wasn't well-received, but I enjoyed the She-Hulk series--even the meta stuff in the finale--and would have watched more. Would be cool if she cameoed in the new Daredevil series.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cellar Door:
Boondock Saint (01-17-24), story (01-17-24)
Old 01-17-24, 03:53 PM

Received 4,450 Likes on 3,018 Posts

She also said she wasn't going to play She-Hulk... so... grain of salt and all.
Old 01-17-24, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,575 Likes on 984 Posts

If Season 2 doesn't happen, that's too bad. Really enjoyed that show (and it's the only MCU series I've rewatched).
Old 01-17-24, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sad if true, I really enjoyed the show as well (and I think it's about time for a rewatch for me).
Old 01-17-24, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 920 Likes on 565 Posts

I thought it was actually one of the more watchable Disney Marvel shows and not as bad as everyone made it out to be. But the DD episode was definitely the highlight of the entire show...so I don't know if that says more about DD or She-Hulk. And it is mind-blowing that the piece of shit Moon Knight show is getting a second season and She-Hulk might not be.

Looks like the Netflix shows need to be added to the main list. I read that they were all considered canon now.