Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
Old 12-10-20, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dex14
Available now:
WandaVision
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Loki (Seasons 1, 2)
What If...? (Seasons 1, 2)
Hawkeye
Moon Knight
Ms. Marvel
I Am Groot (animated shorts)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
Werewolf by Night - Halloween Special
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
Secret Invasion
Echo

Upcoming:
Ironheart
Agatha: Darkhold Diaries
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (animated series)
Daredevil: Born Again
Marvel Zombies (animated series)
X-Men '97 (animated series)
Eyes of Wakanda (animated series)
Untitled Wakanda series
Wonder Man
Nova
Vision Quest
Print Wikipost

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Old 09-10-22, 06:06 PM

Received 749 Likes on 489 Posts
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by Draven
That has a real Winter Soldier vibe and I am here for it.
I've watched that trailer five times now and I want this to come out tomorrow. So cool.
Old 09-11-22, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

#Daredevil star Charlie Cox says #DaredevilBornAgain is a reboot: "It is a Season 1, it is not Season 4, so it is a whole new thing."
Old 09-11-22, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 806 Likes on 533 Posts

Secret invasion looks awesome.

Bummer about that Daredevil news though. Unless we get to see Scott Glenn as Stick again.
Old 09-11-22, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,807 Posts

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
#Daredevil star Charlie Cox says #DaredevilBornAgain is a reboot: "It is a Season 1, it is not Season 4, so it is a whole new thing."
If that's the case, then we can assume that all of the Netflix stuff is still non-canon in the MCU and that any appearances they make (ie, Kingpin) are the distinct and separate MCU versions of those characters like Simmons' J. Jonah Jameson.

Despite all of this "multiverse" business going on, it seems like they're keeping anything that isn't introduced and developed in the MCU in its own universe (Netflix characters, Sony Spiderman characters, Stewart's Professor X).

The Netflix series seemed like the most likely candidates to be grandfathered into the MCU.
Old 09-12-22, 01:36 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
If that's the case, then we can assume that all of the Netflix stuff is still non-canon in the MCU and that any appearances they make (ie, Kingpin) are the distinct and separate MCU versions of those characters like Simmons' J. Jonah Jameson.

Despite all of this "multiverse" business going on, it seems like they're keeping anything that isn't introduced and developed in the MCU in its own universe (Netflix characters, Sony Spiderman characters, Stewart's Professor X).

The Netflix series seemed like the most likely candidates to be grandfathered into the MCU.

Agents of Shield felt like they were going to be part of the MCU until they weren’t, like the Netflix shows. The big problem is that Feige didn’t like what Jeff Loeb was doing in the TV world and the Inhumans eebacle was the last straw. From then on, Feige is bringing all these characters and actors back but on his own terms
Old 09-12-22, 01:37 PM
Banned

How can you see someone like this and have idiot fanboys shit on her and the Ms Marvel show? Iman is charisma personified and the best ambassador the MCU may have

The following 3 users liked this post by Red Hood:
IDrinkMolson (09-12-22), slop101 (09-12-22), story (10-25-22)
Old 09-12-22, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 268 Likes on 223 Posts

Yeah, she is wonderful. She is like a spunky fangirl who just happens to be able to act while at the same time having a meltdown at all the talent she met during the D23. I really want her to maintain her enthusiasm as she progresses in Hollywood. On-line haters aside, I think she has the potential to go far in Hollywood.
Old 09-12-22, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,435 Posts

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
Yeah, she is wonderful. She is like a spunky fangirl who just happens to be able to act while at the same time having a meltdown at all the talent she met during the D23. I really want her to maintain her enthusiasm as she progresses in Hollywood. On-line haters aside, I think she has the potential to go far in Hollywood.
And that is spot on to the character she plays as well, which is a huge bonus.
Old 09-12-22, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,398 Posts

She's fucking delightful and full of charisma, I totally agree that she has the potential to go far in the business.
Old 09-12-22, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,920 Likes on 4,039 Posts

She seems like a very nice and genuinely likable person but I didn't connect with her show at all and couldn't understand what she was saying half the time. Guess I'm a hater?
Old 09-12-22, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 337 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
She seems like a very nice and genuinely likable person but I didn't connect with her show at all and couldn't understand what she was saying half the time. Guess I'm a hater?

This was probably the only complaint I had with Ms Marvel. The actress mumbles when speaking. She needs to enunciate her words.
Old 09-12-22, 09:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Decker
One thing is to not like the show because you don't connect with the character or simply is not your thing. Another is what troglodytes imbeciles did of review bomb the show without seeing it, harass the shows social media and the cast online and use shitty buzzwords like "go woke go broke" to damage the show's reputation. This type of shit seems to go around too much on social media especially for Marvel's phase 4 shows. It's like these imbeciles forgot that there was a lot of buildup in Phase 1 and 2 to get the payoff in Phase 3. You see Brie Larsen's interviews and she's become really defensive due to these fanboy assholes. And is not only happening at Marvel. You can see it at DC, LOTR, Game of Thrones, Star Trek, Star Wars, The Boys and Disney stuff. I mean, this past weekend assholes were complaining that it isn't realistic to have a black mermaid. I mean, it's a fucking mermaid, they don't exist except in literature and science fiction!!! Why do this assholes give a fuck about race other than being racists?
The following users liked this post:
JayDerek (10-15-22)
Old 09-13-22, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 393 Likes on 316 Posts

After seeing the trailer I was sure Ms. Marvel isn't for me, looked to childish to me. Last week I gave the first episode a chance and while it's still not the kind of show that fits my taste, it wasn't unwatchable either. I'll give the second episode a chance too.
I don't get the hate for the lead actress. She's perfectly fine for what the needs her to be.
Old 10-15-22, 10:26 AM

Received 4,450 Likes on 3,018 Posts

A big rumor going around the internet the last few days is that a villain that has been mentioned pretty frequently
Spoiler:
Mephisto
has been cast in Iron Heart and will be played by
Spoiler:
Sacha Baron Cohen.

Old 10-25-22, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Old 10-25-22, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,351 Likes on 916 Posts

Wtf is that?
Old 10-25-22, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

YouTube version:

Old 10-25-22, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 735 Likes on 362 Posts

So great!
Old 10-28-22, 04:00 PM

A second WandaVision spinoff series focusing on Paul Bettany’s Vision is in the works at Marvel Studios for Disney+, sources tell Deadline.

Titled Vision Quest, the potential series, which is opening a writers room next week, will be about The Vision (Bettany) trying to regain his memory and humanity, I hear. While the focus is on Vision, word is there is a possibility for Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) to appear, which would make sense given how interconnected the two characters’ stories are in the MCU.

Like with the other WandaVision spinoff, the greenlighted series Agatha: House of Harkness headlined by Kathryn Hahn, Vision Quest is overseen by WandaVision creator, writer and executive producer Jac Schaeffer, I hear. Reps for Marvel Studios and Bettany declined comment.

The new spinoff is being unofficially referred to by some as the White Vision project after the most recent on-screen version of the character. Introduced at the end of Episode 8 of WandaVision, White Vision was created by S.W.O.R.D. by rebuilding and reactivating Vision’s body and sent on a mission to destroy Wanda and her “Conditional” Vision.

The two Visions had an epic showdown in the final ninth episode of WandaVision. “Conditional” Vision scanned the memories of White Vision, which jog through all of regular Vision’s moments in the MCU up to Thanos destroying him. In a moment of clarity, White Vision declared, “I Am Vision,” swooped up to the sky and disappeared, setting up the potential spinoff.

Bettany has been cagey about reprising his role after WandaVision, a critical and commercial hit that landed 23 Emmy nominations, including noms for Bettany and Olsen.

“It was a beautiful culmination for all these things Lizzie and I have done together,” he said during a Deadline Contenders TV: The Nominees 2021 panel. “We really found a lane for ourselves, and this was different in tone from those movies. But you never know with Marvel, whether you’re done, or not. So I don’t want to call it the end yet. This was one of the most creative experiences of my life, joyful and free, making this show. To see it embraced by an audience the way it was, was so wonderful.”
https://deadline.com/2022/10/vision-...us-1235157055/

Last edited by dex14; 10-28-22 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-28-22, 04:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you think it will be necessary to see Black Panther: Wakanda Forever before the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special? I'm only half joking.
Old 10-28-22, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 225 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Laertes
Do you think it will be necessary to see Black Panther: Wakanda Forever before the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special? I'm only half joking.
It shouldn't matter. I don't think the GOTG special will depend on anything else in the MCU since Endgame.
Laertes (11-02-22)
Old 11-02-22, 07:05 PM

Aubrey Plaza cast in the Agatha show:
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/wan...za-1235416041/
Deftones (11-02-22)
Old 11-02-22, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 697 Likes on 507 Posts

I hope they somehow manage to work in Madonna's Crazy for You into the Vision Quest soundtrack.
Old 02-16-23, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,351 Likes on 916 Posts

Great, now we get less content for the same price. Brilliant!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...wn-1235326681/

TL;DR version: they are slowing the releases of Marvel shows. Might only get 2 this year.
Old 02-16-23, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,920 Likes on 4,039 Posts

I wouldn't mind having a little less of this content in 2023. If you are a dedicated MCU follower, it can be a little overwhelming with four series and four movies to watch in a single year.
The nice thing about streaming is you can watch at your own pace, but with the MCU you can be a little confused in the movies if you are not up to date on the series.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.