Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
Old 12-10-20, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dex14
Available now:
WandaVision
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Loki (Seasons 1, 2)
What If...? (Seasons 1, 2)
Hawkeye
Moon Knight
Ms. Marvel
I Am Groot (animated shorts)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
Werewolf by Night - Halloween Special
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
Secret Invasion
Echo

Upcoming:
Ironheart
Agatha: Darkhold Diaries
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (animated series)
Daredevil: Born Again
Marvel Zombies (animated series)
X-Men '97 (animated series)
Eyes of Wakanda (animated series)
Untitled Wakanda series
Wonder Man
Nova
Vision Quest
Print Wikipost

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Old 03-16-22, 02:48 PM

Received 91 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I'm surprised so many here are uninterested in Ms. Marvel. The comic book series it's based on was well-received and critically acclaimed.
I'm sure it will be good. It's just, well, well, people say Marvel is good at tackling different genres. But no one seems to ask whether or not if that specific genre is even for you or not. I love Marvel, but I'm not going to eat up everything they throw at me. Eternals is a good example of that. I love Eternals, but I also acknowledge that a lot of people don't. Anyway, I could end up LOVING Ms. Marvel. But I'm not going to pretend I'm all hyped up for it based of one trailer.
Old 03-16-22, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Not sure if this was discussed already but kinda bummed the Netflix shows are in regular HD and not 4K DV/HDR on D+. Was hoping to finally finish Daredevil at some point but I think I will seek out the 4K versions elsewhere.
Old 03-16-22, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
Not sure if this was discussed already but kinda bummed the Netflix shows are in regular HD and not 4K DV/HDR on D+. Was hoping to finally finish Daredevil at some point but I think I will seek out the 4K versions elsewhere.
What's the difference? It's available to watch and you have access to it. I really don't think a 4K picture really adds a lot to it. Why go through the trouble to seek that out?
Old 03-16-22, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

4K is coming later, Disney decided it was easier and faster to get HD versions up first.
The following users liked this post:
Unclejosh (03-16-22)
Old 03-16-22, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
What's the difference? It's available to watch and you have access to it. I really don't think a 4K picture really adds a lot to it. Why go through the trouble to seek that out?
Because it does not look as good to me as it did a few weeks ago when I watched an episode on Netflix.
Old 03-16-22, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by emachine12
4K is coming later, Disney decided it was easier and faster to get HD versions up first.
Ah ok. That is good to hear.
Old 03-16-22, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk God

I have a lot to watch. I got sidetracked with other things and some of the Netflix Marvel shows just fell to the backburner.

I need to finish:

Daredevil season 3

Jessica Jones season 2 and 3

Iron Fist season 2

The Punisher both seasons

Luke Cage season 2

Agents of Shield season 7 -- The final 7 episodes

I decided to start over on Daredevil season 3 last night as it's been so long since I touched it. I did notice in the opening credits, they edited out "Netflix presents" and went directly to "An ABC studios and Marvel Television production"
Old 03-17-22, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

Because it does not look as good to me as it did a few weeks ago when I watched an episode on Netflix.
To escape that kind of dilemma, I still tape everything on VHS.
Old 03-17-22, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

https://www.ign.com/articles/daredev...ey-charlie-cox

Seems like it's definitely more than just a rumor now.
Old 03-17-22, 02:11 PM

Received 4,557 Likes on 3,092 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolf359

Cool. I reopened that thread.

Curious if the Echo talk is true and if they all lead into that.
The following 2 users liked this post by dex14:
Mikezilla3k (03-17-22), Wolf359 (03-17-22)
Old 03-17-22, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 695 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I'm surprised so many here are uninterested in Ms. Marvel. The comic book series it's based on was well-received and critically acclaimed.
Ms. Marvel was never a big seller or popular character with comics readers, but the book was relentlessly praised by the press/media as groundbreaking.

The anti-SJW/manbaby crowd cried "GET WOKE! GO BROKE!!" while the other side screamed "BIGOTS!" But readers were entirely indifferent.

It didn't stop Marvel from rebooting her title 12 times and putting her as the central character in their last Avengers game in order to keep interest alive.
Old 03-18-22, 12:27 PM

Received 91 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolf359

My sources told me about this months ago.
Old 03-18-22, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberpunkCentra
My sources told me about this months ago.

The following users liked this post:
CyberpunkCentra (03-18-22)
Old 03-24-22, 11:40 AM

Marvel's Nova in development

EXCLUSIVE: Richard Rider aka Nova looks to be joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe as sources tell Deadline that Marvel is developing a Nova project with Moon Knight scribe Sabir Pirzada on board to write. It is unknown for now whether this will be developed as a feature film or a limited series for Disney+. As always, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige will produce.

Nova first appeared in an 1966 issue of Super Adventures was member of the intergalactic police force known as the Nova Corps, for which he gained superhuman abilities including enhanced strength, flight and resistance to injury. While the character didn’t have many run-ins with some of the main figures of the current or past MCU, he did have some battles with the Skrulls, who have big parts in recent and upcoming Marvel projects including Captain Marvel and the limited series Secret Invasion.

As for Pirzada, like so many scribes who land a high-profile Marvel project to develop, he came up through the studio’s writer community, most recently helping in the writers room for Moon Knight series that premieres on March 30 on Disney+.

He is repped by 3 Arts and Gersh.
https://deadline.com/2022/03/marvel-...ada-1234985015

Edit: Looks like it will likely be a limited series:

Last edited by dex14; 03-24-22 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-24-22, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
Re: Marvel's Nova in development

Considering how they nerfed Xandar as a whole, I'm curious where they'll go with this and how the Nova Force makes it's way to Earth.
Old 03-26-22, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
Ms. Marvel was never a big seller or popular character with comics readers, but the book was relentlessly praised by the press/media as groundbreaking.

The anti-SJW/manbaby crowd cried "GET WOKE! GO BROKE!!" while the other side screamed "BIGOTS!" But readers were entirely indifferent.

It didn't stop Marvel from rebooting her title 12 times and putting her as the central character in their last Avengers game in order to keep interest alive.
As a fan silver and bronze age comics, not knowing much about anything past the early 90's, and virtually nothing about comics in the 2000's, this just leaves me flat. And I'll be honest, it's mostly because it's about a teenager who looks to be another Mary Sue. Moon Knight doesn't excite me either, because I never really cared for the character to begin with and I've got a serious case of Batman burnout.

But that's ok. I'm 54. Marvel does not have to cater to my every wish and desire. They are making a ton of content. Of course not everything is going to be a home run for everyone. Just because I want to see the original five X-Men, and the Fantastic Four riding around in the bathtub shaped Fantasticar in a period movie set in the swinging sixties doesn't mean they're not making a lot of content I could only dream about back when I was a regular reader.
Old 03-29-22, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,170 Likes on 4,200 Posts

Sounds like a mixed bag
Old 03-29-22, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,189 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
Just because I want to see the original five X-Men, and the Fantastic Four riding around in the bathtub shaped Fantasticar in a period movie set in the swinging sixties
Yes please!
Old 03-29-22, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I’ve been seeing similar reviews. Still interested in watching it though.
Old 03-29-22, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy

I read some of the early Ms. Marvel when it was written by G. Willow Wilson, and thought it was pretty good. Probably one of the better Marvel titles of the post-2000 period; it was mostly a standalone coming-of-age story when the greater Marvel Universe has been mired in a constant state of crossovers (Secret Civil Wars VIII: Dark Avengers vs the Astonishing X-Men) and line extension (how many versions of Spiderman and Wolverine do we need?).

From what I understand, it wasn't a particularly huge hit in the direct market, but it sold well in the bookstore and digital markets.

It was mostly aimed at the YA reader crowd, which is the kind of outreach to new readers that Marvel and DC need to do to stay relevant. Like how publishing Transformers and GI Joe in the 1980s brought in a whole new generation of comic book readers.

The MCU movies are certainly a hit, but that hasn't translated into much interest in the comics which are so continuity and crossover based that they're impenetrable to new readers.
Old 03-30-22, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk God

I'm sure some of you heard this, but apparently an altered version of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was accidently posted that edited down some scenes.

Looks like it was a mistake and will be corrected. Not that any of you plan to re-watch it.

Old 04-04-22, 07:48 AM

Old 04-05-22, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm sure some of you heard this, but apparently an altered version of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was accidently posted that edited down some scenes.

Looks like it was a mistake and will be corrected. Not that any of you plan to re-watch it.
The big question is even if one rewatched it, would anyone pick up on such minor changes?
Old 04-11-22, 01:39 PM

Marvel’s highly-anticipated Ironheart series continues to gain momentum as the studio has set Sam Bailey and Angela Barnes to direct the series for Disney+. Ironheart will star Dominique Thorne as Marvel character Riri Williams, a genius inventor and creator of the most advanced suit of armor since Iron Man. Deadline recently broke that Anthony Ramos would also be joining the cast. Deadline has also learned that Ryan Coogler’s production company, Proximity, has come on as producers.

Coogler, Zinzi Coogler, Sev Ohanian and Chinaka Hodge will serve as executive producers alongside Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige, Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Brad Winderbaum, and Zoie Nagelhout. Chinaka Hodge was recently tapped as head writer on the series, first announced as being in development during Disney’s investor-day presentation in December 2020.

Bailey is the co-creator of the Emmy-nominated Brown Girls and the creator of the Gotham-nominated You’re So Talented which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival. Bailey served as a producer and director on the final season of Netflix’s Dear White People as well as a director on the previous season of the show. She also directed Powderkeg’s East of La Brea (SXSW Selectee, Urban World Film Festival Winner). She is repped by Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment, CAA, and Amy Nickin of Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz.

Barnes is also an in-demand television director who has helmed episodes of Mythic Quest, Blindspotting and the upcoming season 4 of Atlanta. Barnes is repped by Brant Rose Agency and M88.

Proximity signed an overall deal with Disney in February 2021 and is coming off the box-office hit Space Jam: A New Legacy, which they produced as well as the Oscar-winning Judas and the Black Messiah.
https://deadline.com/2022/04/ironhea...rs-1234999953/
Old 04-11-22, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts

highly-anticipated Ironheart series
Really? This is like Iron Man version four.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.