Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
Old 12-10-20, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dex14
Available now:
WandaVision
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Loki (Season 1)
What If...? (Season 1)
Hawkeye
Moon Knight
Ms. Marvel

Upcoming:
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
I Am Groot (animated shorts)
Werewolf by Night - Halloween Special
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
Secret Invasion
Echo
Ironheart
Agatha: Coven of Chaos
Daredevil: Born Again
Armor Wars
Spider-Man: Freshman Year (animated series)
Marvel Zombies (animated series)
X-Men '97 (animated series)
Untitled Wakanda series
Wonder Ma
Nova
Print Wikipost

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Old 03-15-22, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 775 Likes on 501 Posts
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

I liked it - good to see that kind of representation, good to have a younger female hero for a role model and they've toned down the rubbery "stretchy limbs" thing that she has in the comics that I've always thought looked too goofy for live action.
Old 03-15-22, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 524 Likes on 319 Posts
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Looks cute but I'm not in the target demographic and that's fine. There's buttloads of other shows I still need to watch/catch up on, and I've found most of the D+ Marvel shows to be subpar anyhow. Pass for me.
Old 03-15-22, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 207 Likes on 167 Posts

I'm definitely not in the target demographic. I pretty sure it's not for me, looks more like Disney Channel than Disney+.
Old 03-15-22, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,972 Likes on 1,444 Posts

Looks cute. I read that some of it was filmed in Bangkok, Thailand last summer. I'm curious how that works into it.

Old 03-15-22, 02:44 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't know what the target demo is and I don't care. My old ass still looks forward to watching every episode.
Old 03-15-22, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 351 Likes on 259 Posts

Looks fantastic. Can't wait to watch.
Old 03-16-22, 05:14 AM

Received 91 Likes on 62 Posts

Just went to Disney+ this morning, and noticed they don't have the Netflix and Agents of SHIELD shows on the MCU section. Only mwynn and Wolf359 know what I'm talking about.
Old 03-16-22, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 494 Likes on 335 Posts

Old 03-16-22, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 99 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddarino View Post
It's an old joke about whether or not AoS is canon to the MCU.
The following users liked this post:
CyberpunkCentra (03-16-22)
Old 03-16-22, 07:37 AM

The Ms. Marvel trailer is starting to warm up to me. I really do like the John Hughes style to it, so the tone isn't the problem. It's just watching the trailer felt like I was eating a very light Japanese food. Fancy and expensive, but not satisfied by my American standards. And I don't even eat that much. Need another new trailer, or just give me the show right away so I can fully judge it as soon as possible.
Old 03-16-22, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 557 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberpunkCentra View Post
The Ms. Marvel trailer is starting to warm up to me. I really do like the John Hughes style to it, so the tone isn't the problem. It's just watching the trailer felt like I was eating a very light Japanese food. Fancy and expensive, but not satisfied by my American standards. And I don't even eat that much. Need another new trailer, or just give me the show right away so I can fully judge it as soon as possible.
Agreed! When it comes to MCU stuff, I just like how they try new things and not always stick to tried and true. WandaVision is a perfect example of that.
Old 03-16-22, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 3,300 Likes on 2,198 Posts

I don't mind if they try different stuff that doesn't appeal to me, but I hope there isn't stuff in there that I should know before seeing The Marvels. I want to feel that I'm not going to be missing out on the MCU story if I skip this, which is my preference.
Old 03-16-22, 11:06 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 581 Posts

The way every show and movie works in the MCU, I’m fairly certain there will be storylines and whatnot in the show that will continue in The Marvels. That said, it looks like fun to me, more upbeat and probably not as heavy and dark of a storyline.
Old 03-16-22, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Just went to Disney+ this morning, and noticed they don't have the Netflix and Agents of SHIELD shows on the MCU section. Only mwynn and Wolf359 know what I'm talking about.
They are there. There is a new prompt for Disney+ to update your parental controls for MA titles. You may have to login to your Disney+ account from the web or mobile device to update the settings.
Old 03-16-22, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 441 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
They are there. There is a new prompt for Disney+ to update your parental controls for MA titles. You may have to login to your Disney+ account from the web or mobile device to update the settings.
They're there, but they're not listed under any of the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" categories, which is what he was saying,
Old 03-16-22, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wanma View Post
They're there, but they're not listed under any of the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" categories, which is what he was saying,
Not sure why they would be. They are under the Marvel heading... that's what I meant.
Old 03-16-22, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 441 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
Not sure why they would be. They are under the Marvel heading... that's what I meant.
As stated previously there are arguments about whether they are canon parts of the MCU or not.

All the movies, all the Disney+ series, and all the home release "One-Shot" shorts are put under the MCU heading on Disney+. These are not.

Make of that what you will.
Old 03-16-22, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 801 Likes on 577 Posts

These just showed up on Canada Disney+ as well, but yeah they are in the Marvel section but not in the MCU sections, rather in a new section called "The Defenders Collection".
Old 03-16-22, 12:56 PM
Cool New Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Anyone else noticed the odd thumbnail they used for Daredevil?

Old 03-16-22, 12:57 PM

Bullseye!
Mikezilla3k (03-16-22)
Old 03-16-22, 01:34 PM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Ms. Marvel looks alright. Getting quite a few Mitchells vs the Machines and Turning Red vibes.
Old 03-16-22, 02:02 PM
Cool New Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Bullseye!

Old 03-16-22, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by GLSWIA123 View Post
Ms. Marvel looks alright. Getting quite a few Mitchells vs the Machines and Turning Red vibes.
That's probably one of the reasons why I was lukewarm on the Ms. Marvel trailer. I tried watching Turning Red, but was not in the right mood for it. Going to try and give it a second chance soon, but not this week. Think I'm still in Batman mode right now.
GLSWIA123 (03-16-22)
Old 03-16-22, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,409 Likes on 1,013 Posts

I'm surprised so many here are uninterested in Ms. Marvel. The comic book series it's based on was well-received and critically acclaimed.
Old 03-16-22, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 3,300 Likes on 2,198 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
I'm surprised so many here are uninterested in Ms. Marvel. The comic book series it's based on was well-received and critically acclaimed.
I don't think people said they were disinterested before that trailer dropped.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.