Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
Old 12-10-20, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dex14
Available now:
WandaVision
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Loki (Seasons 1, 2)
What If...? (Seasons 1, 2)
Hawkeye
Moon Knight
Ms. Marvel
I Am Groot (animated shorts)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
Werewolf by Night - Halloween Special
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
Secret Invasion
Echo

Upcoming:
Ironheart
Agatha: Darkhold Diaries
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (animated series)
Daredevil: Born Again
Marvel Zombies (animated series)
X-Men '97 (animated series)
Eyes of Wakanda (animated series)
Untitled Wakanda series
Wonder Man
Nova
Vision Quest
Print Wikipost

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Old 09-25-20, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 477 Likes on 350 Posts
re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by Deftones
If they want edgy fare, they can put it on Hulu
True - if they could work out a deal that both sides would be happy with.

Netflix cancelled those shows out of spite (in part) because Disney was starting their own streaming service. Their deal precluded Marvel from continuing those shows elsewhere on streaming for 2-3 years. That time is almost up.

I love Charlie Cox and the cast of Daredevil. Hell, I love all the shows' casts, except Iron Fist. (They blew it with the lead actor and how they wrote the character. Not horrible, but just not right for the character.)

Marvel seems focused on these MCU shows, but I hope that doesn't rule out the earlier shows making a return in the next year or two.
Old 09-27-20, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 722 Likes on 527 Posts
re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

It will be interesting to see how Blade plays out in the MCU. Seems like he would be a great companion film for Helstrom on Hulu if they went for the same MPAA rating as the Snipes' films.
Old 09-30-20, 02:07 PM

Received 4,555 Likes on 3,090 Posts

EXCLUSIVE: After a long and hard search, Marvel has found its Ms. Marvel. The studio is tapping newcomer Imon Vellani to star in its Disney+ series based on the comic-book character. Marvel and Disney Plus recently named Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and Meera Menon as directors on the project.
https://deadline.com/2020/09/eamon-v...PVsp3GFtDtaR9w
Old 09-30-20, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,189 Likes on 1,494 Posts

I'm still wondering how Disney is going to release the edgier Marvel content in all the countries that have Disney+ but not Hulu (i.e. everywhere outside of the US). Unless I missed something, I haven't heard anything on that.
Old 10-03-20, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they did that but I think they could possibly air these shows on F/X. That would make the most sense to me.
Old 10-16-20, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
She is now denying this. Could be similar to when Rudd and Nanjiani denied having roles but then were later announced.
Old 10-26-20, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,607 Posts

The following users liked this post:
Deftones (10-26-20)
Old 10-26-20, 12:12 PM

Hell yea.
Old 10-26-20, 12:13 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Interesting.

Is Hawkeye still happening?
Old 10-26-20, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F
Interesting.

Is Hawkeye still happening?
There’s been talk that it is supposed to start production soon.
Old 10-26-20, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 722 Likes on 527 Posts

I hope he can still be Spider-Man 2099.
Old 11-05-20, 03:59 PM

No official renewal but Production Weekly seems to list Loki Season 2 with a January 2022 start.
Old 11-05-20, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,720 Likes on 1,877 Posts

Has Loki Season One even been scheduled yet?
Old 11-05-20, 09:28 PM

Early 2021.
Old 11-05-20, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 595 Likes on 430 Posts

Are any of these Marvel tvshows going to appear before the three year deal many of us bought into at startup?
Old 11-10-20, 05:22 PM

Honey, I'm Chrome: Marvel prepares to take over TV with WandaVision
The upcoming Disney+ series is a wonderfully weird send-up of sitcoms of the past — and Marvel's key to the future. Don't touch that dial.
https://ew.com/tv/wandavision-marvel-cover-story/

Old 11-12-20, 11:25 AM

Old 11-12-20, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

Kind of makes sense to push it back a bit. They’ve got The Mandalorian going until like mid-December. There will be some movies around the holidays, and then shortly into the New Year WandaVision will premiere. So Disney+ will have a good few months of original content to tout.
Old 12-02-20, 06:20 PM

The following users liked this post:
Deftones (12-02-20)
Old 12-03-20, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Context? I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking at here.
Old 12-03-20, 04:43 AM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...ance-set-video
Old 12-03-20, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by slop101
Someone asked previously if Hawkeye was in production... it is.
There was uncertainty if Steinfeld was definitely in it... she is.
Old 12-03-20, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Thanks, but LOL, I couldn't even tell that was Jeremy Renner.

I hope they use Matt Fraction's run on Hawkeye as a basis for the series.
Old 12-03-20, 11:59 AM

The photos have better resolution:

Old 12-03-20, 03:40 PM

The upcoming “Hawkeye” series at Disney Plushas cast a number of key roles, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.

Along with series leads Jeremy Renner and Hailee Steinfeld, Vera Farmiga, Florence Pugh, Fra Fee, Tony Dalton, Alaqua Cox, and Zahn McClarnon will all appear in the series.

Reps for Disney and the actors did not immediately respond to Variety‘s request for comment.

Farmiga is attached to play the Marvel character Eleanor Bishop, the mother of Kate Bishop (Steinfeld).

Farmiga was previously nominated for the best supporting actress Oscar for her role in “Up in the Air.” She is also known for her starring role in the A&E series “Bates Motel” and in films like “The Departed” and “The Conjuring” and “The Conjuring 2.” She is repped by CAA, Authentic Talent & Literary Management, and Peikoff Mahan.

Fee will play a character named Kazi, most likely short for Kazimierz Kazimierczak, known to Marvel fans as the mercenary villain Clown.

Fee’s onscreen roles include the 2012 film version of “Les Misérables” as well as films like “Animals,” “Boys from County Hell,” and “Pixie.” He will also appear in the upcoming live-action “Cinderella” film. He is repped by Dalzell and Beresford in the U.K., and Paradigm and Untitled Entertainment in the U.S.

Dalton will play Jack Duquesne, more than likely a take on the Marvel character Jacques Duquesne or Swordsman. An early mentor to Hawkeye, Swordsman has been both a hero and a villain in the Marvel comics.

Dalton is known for playing Lalo Salamanca on the hit AMC series “Better Call Saul.” His other roles include the Spanish-language shows “Sr. Ávila,” “Dueños del Paraíso,” and “Los simuladores.” He is repped by Gilbertson Entertainment.

Pugh will reprise the role of spy and assassin Yelena Belova, the sister of Black Widow. Pugh is set to play the character in the upcoming film “Black Widow” opposite Scarlett Johansson, who has played the title character in multiple films throughout the MCU. That film is scheduled to be released in May 2021 after being delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Pugh was most recently nominated for an Oscar for her role in the 2019 film “Little Women.” She previously starred in the AMC limited series “The Little Drummer Girl” and in films like “Midsommar,” “Malevolent,” and “Outlaw King.” She is repped by Curtis Brown Group in the U.K., and CAA, Brillstein Entertainment Partners, and Ziffren Brittenham in the U.S. Her involvement in the series was first reported by The Direct.

Newcomer Cox will play Maya Lopez, the true name of the Marvel character Echo, a deaf Native American who is capable of perfectly copying another person’s movements, making her a formidable fighter. The show will mark Cox’s onscreen debut.

McClarnon will play the role of William Lopez, likely a take on Maya’s father Willie “Crazy Horse” Lincoln from the comics.

McClarnon previously starred in shows like “Longmire,” “Fargo,” “Westworld,” “Barkskins,” “The Son,” and “Into the West.” He also recently appeared in the “Shining” sequel “Doctor Sleep.” He is repped by Amsel Eisenstadt Frazier & Hinojosa Talent Agency.

Jonathan Igla is attached to write and executive produce “Hawkeye.” Production recently commenced on the series in Atlanta and New York.

Variety exclusively reported on the “Hawkeye” series last year, with Marvel confirming the news during their Hall H panel at the 2019 San Diego Comic-Con. Variety also exclusively reported on Steinfeld’s involvement in the series, though that has yet to be officially confirmed by Marvel and Disney.

“Hawekeye” is one of several six-to-eight episode Marvel shows hailing from Kevin Feige’s Marvel Studios set up at Disney Plus. “WandaVision” is set to premiere on Jan. 15 on the streamer, with “The Falcon and Winter Soldier,” “Loki” and “Hawkeye” on deck for later in 2021. No premiere dates have been set for the latter three shows. Others include “She-Hulk” starring Tatiana Maslany, “Ms. Marvel” starring newcomer Iman Vellani, and “Moon Knight” with Oscar Isaacs in early talks to star. Variety exclusively reported in September that Samuel L. Jackson could return as Nick Fury in a series in development at Disney Plus.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.