Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
Old 12-10-20, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dex14
Available now:
WandaVision
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Loki (Seasons 1, 2)
What If...? (Seasons 1, 2)
Hawkeye
Moon Knight
Ms. Marvel
I Am Groot (animated shorts)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
Werewolf by Night - Halloween Special
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
Secret Invasion
Echo

Upcoming:
Ironheart
Agatha: Darkhold Diaries
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (animated series)
Daredevil: Born Again
Marvel Zombies (animated series)
X-Men '97 (animated series)
Eyes of Wakanda (animated series)
Untitled Wakanda series
Wonder Man
Nova
Vision Quest
Print Wikipost

Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-21, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts
re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

So happy this drops on Friday and I was going to say I would binge it but I understand that Disney releases these on a weekly basis, which is totally cool with me. So far the weekly release schedule for D+ original shows has not hampered my enjoyment of a show.
Old 03-16-21, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,888 Posts
re: Marvel Cinematic Universe shows on Disney+ Discussion Thread - news, rumors, etc.

Who is Enfys Nest playing?
Old 03-17-21, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
So happy this drops on Friday and I was going to say I would binge it but I understand that Disney releases these on a weekly basis, which is totally cool with me. So far the weekly release schedule for D+ original shows has not hampered my enjoyment of a show.
While it's not easy, I decided to wait until all episodes are available. Most of the episodes are just so short, I think it would drive me crazy. Also the seasons aren't that long so I can easily watch the whole thing in two days. But I have to say I really have to struggle not to watch Falcon and the Winter Soldier, the last trailer was fantastic.
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (03-22-21)
Old 03-17-21, 09:16 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Runaway
While it's not easy, I decided to wait until all episodes are available. Most of the episodes are just so short, I think it would drive me crazy. Also the seasons aren't that long so I can easily watch the whole thing in two days. But I have to say I really have to struggle not to watch Falcon and the Winter Soldier, the last trailer was fantastic.
That is some will power

Toward the end of Wandavision I made it a point to watch it as soon as I could as I would end up getting things spoiled browsing the news stories on Apple's news app (why these entertainment sites think it is a good idea to drop a spoiler right in the headline is beyond me)
IBJoel (03-22-21)
Old 03-17-21, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

I think letting an episode... peculate, if you will, over one week before the next episode, makes me enjoy the show far more than binging it does. That's not true for all shows, but definitely the case here. That, and I honestly don't have much more than 60 continuous minutes to devote to any single thing, so even if I wanted, binging is just out of the question.
Old 03-17-21, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
I think letting an episode... peculate, if you will, over one week before the next episode, makes me enjoy the show far more than binging it does. That's not true for all shows, but definitely the case here. That, and I honestly don't have much more than 60 continuous minutes to devote to any single thing, so even if I wanted, binging is just out of the question.
WandaVision had such short episodes, watching it on weekend meant watching two movies, but I don't wait for every show. I wasn't patient enough for Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones and the first seasons of The Walking Dead.

Once I tried a one week hiatus and just watched a show every 2 weeks. That was awful. That experiment was buried fast.
Old 03-17-21, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
I mean, whatever makes you happy, but I'm not going to let the show steal anything from me, and certainly not for an entire week.

IBJoel (03-22-21)
Old 03-17-21, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Given how much anticipation and discussion was built around Wandavision, I'd say they had a successful test run with weekly releases.
Old 03-17-21, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
Given how much anticipation and discussion was built around Wandavision, I'd say they had a successful test run with weekly releases.
I guess The Mandalorian did that for them twice before.
Old 03-17-21, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,507 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
I mean, whatever makes you happy, but I'm not going to let the show steal anything from me, and certainly not for an entire week.

I had to look up the word and then I was even more confused. Let's leave the five dollar words to our pal Norm.
Old 03-17-21, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

So, who's going to win the highest number of viewers this weekend? Falcon and Winter Soldier or Zak Snyder's 4 hour love letter to slow motion?
Old 03-17-21, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

After Wandavision's viral popularity, I think Falcon will win more viewers.

Internet traffic stats are so full of shit that reports are meaningless.
Old 03-18-21, 12:07 PM

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,102 Posts

Old 03-18-21, 04:41 PM

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I’m surprised no one has posted the trailer yet:

Old 03-18-21, 05:05 PM

It was posted three months ago.
Old 03-18-21, 08:54 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

FnWS getting fantastic reviews. Can’t wait!
Old 03-21-21, 03:24 PM

Isaac doing some Moon Knight training:

Old 03-22-21, 06:24 PM

The “Hawkeye” series at Disney Plus may already be getting a spinoff.

A show centered on Echo, a deaf Native American character who will be played by Alaqua Cox in the “Hawkeye” series, is in the early stages of development for Disney Plus, Variety has learned exclusively from sources. Etan Cohen and Emily Cohen are attached to write and executive produce the show, with a writers’ room recently being assembled. Marvel Studios will produce.

Reps for Marvel Studios declined to comment. Reps for the Cohens did not immediately respond to Variety‘s request for comment.

Echo, whose real name is Maya Lopez, has the ability to perfectly copy another person’s movements or fighting style, making her a formidable opponent in battle. In the Marvel comics, Echo crosses paths with characters like Daredevil, Moon Knight and the Avengers. She was also the first person to hold the title of Ronin before passing it onto Clint Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye, in the comics. At the beginning of “Avengers: Endgame,” Barton (Jeremy Renner) briefly used the name Ronin and went rogue from the Avengers after losing his family in Thanos’ snap.

Variety exclusively reported in December that newcomer Cox and several other cast members were joining the “Hawkeye” series. The show will be Cox’s on-screen debut. Whether or not the show goes to series remains to be seen, but it would come as little surprise if Marvel began building outs its expanding television universe even more with characters from its current crop of shows at Disney Plus.

Renner will reprise his “Avengers” master archer role in “Hawkeye” alongside Hailee Steinfeld, who is playing Kate Bishop, Hawkeye’s protege. The series picks up after the events of “Avengers: Endgame” and is written and executive produced by Jonathan Igla. Rhys Thomas and Bert & Bertie serve as directors.

Vera Farmiga, Florence Pugh, Fra Fee, Tony Dalton and Zahn McClarnon will also appear in “Hawkeye.” Farmiga plays Eleanor Bishop, the mother of Kate Bishop; Pugh reprises her “Black Widow” role as the spy and assassin Yelena Belova; Fee plays Kazi, likely the comic book character Kazimierz Kazimierczak, a.k.a. the villain Clown; Dalton portrays Jack Duquesne, Hawkeye’s former mentor named Swordsman; and McClarnon plays William Lopez, Echo’s father.

So far, Marvel has seen success with its Disney Plus shows. The first series, “WandaVision,” starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, was an immediate hit, wrapping its run on March 5. “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier,” with Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan, followed up next on March 19, and Tom Hiddleston’s “Loki” is set for June 11. “Hawkeye” will debut in late 2021.

Other upcoming Marvel series on Disney Plus include “Ms. Marvel,” “She-Hulk,” “Moon Knight,” “What If?,” “Secret Invasion,” “Ironheart,” “Armor Wars,” “The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special” and an untitled Wakanda series.
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/haw...ff-1234934667/
Old 04-05-21, 08:27 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

New Loki trailer. Looks pretty damn good.

Old 04-05-21, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I almost get a Legion vibe from the way it looks.
Old 04-05-21, 11:04 AM

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Yeah, it does look like a quality piece of television just like Legion was but this is where I say something that might be considered a bit odd, as long as it is paced differently than Legion I very much look forward to this show. I watched Season 1 of Legion but when it came time to focus on and engage with season 2 of Legion my attention drifted elsewhere and never came back to catching up on Legion. I have a feeling I was far from the only one who had issues with the "pace" of Legion. I can do slow burns but something about Legion felt like it would be more of a grind/chore to catch up so I just gave up on the show.

Also, Owen Wilson is in the show! I have not been paying a lot of attention to the casing of this show but it will be fun to see Owen Wilson on tv as I have always liked him as an actor.
Old 04-05-21, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Digging the new Loki trailer -- love the shit in the Time Keepers HQ. It reminds me of the Ministry in Brazil -- that scene with the receipts for him to sign was funny.
Old 04-19-21, 11:33 AM

IBJoel (04-19-21)
Old 04-20-21, 01:28 PM

Old 04-20-21, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Alfred Molina doesn't seem to give a fuck about NDAs.
IBJoel (04-20-21)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.