Fear the Walking Dead (S4E13/S4E14) -- "Blackjack/MM 54" -- 9/9, 9/16/18

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-16-18, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Season 4, Episode 13

Blackjack
Strand and John are marooned; Luciana aids a man in need; the group's efforts to help a stranger put everyone in danger.

Season 4, Episode 14

MM 54
Difficult decisions lead the group into uncertainty; Alicia delivers on a promise to Charlie.

2 more episodes left this season.

Due to last week being the 1st week of football, I think pretty much everyone here including me forgot about this last week and it went on the back burner.

Combined thread for both episodes in case anyone wants to say anything about last week.
Old 09-17-18, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Fear the Walking Dead (S4E13/S4E14) -- "Blackjack/MM 54" -- 9/9, 9/16/18

Opening wasn't bad, though I got a laugh when the speeding SUV lost its zombie apocalypse bug-out rake out the back. Now what will they do if they come across some clumpy soil or Sideshow Bob?

The rest of the episode was an insult. Every time characters are in some ridiculously contrived danger thanks to their own non-sensical and completely illogical behavior I root for them to be slaughtered, and of course I am always disappointed. Why do I keep watching this? Maybe because it would only take a small amount of effort to eliminate most of what I despise about this show and deliver a vastly improved product and I keep hoping an adult will finally step in and make it happen. There are flashes of what the show could be here and there, but they are just so damn stubbornly married to their obvious mistakes.
Old 09-17-18, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think I am done with the show. I watched last weeks episode or at least tried to. I got about 10 minutes in and the whole Beer story line / character started up again and I realized I just didn't care about the show anymore. Stayed about 5 more min after that and I shut it off, really disappointing after the season started off good(before the mid season finale).
Old 09-17-18, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

A little off topic, but I just watched the episode "Weak" from 3 weeks ago and it was also decent IMO.

For those who don't know, it was directed Colman Domingo (Strand) who wasn't in the episode. So I guess that's why he was able to focus on directing.

Seems like no one talked about it or had anything to say, but it had some good character dynamics between June and Al. The mile 27/21 thing at the end was interesting.

Will be watching "Blackjack" and hopefully "MM 54"

TV and Movies are all subjective. So I won't talk down or insult anyone who has a differing opinion.

I do think the best episodes don't feature Alicia, Luciana and to some extent Strand. Morgan has been hit or miss.
Old 09-17-18, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why do none of the truckers fight back or have weapons? They just lay down and let themselves get bitten.
Old 09-17-18, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
Why do none of the truckers fight back or have weapons? They just lay down and let themselves get bitten.
Or take two steps to the left, right, or rear. That's the kind of stupid garbage I'm talking about. How is it possible that no one in production looks at the final cut of the episode and asks this type of extremely simple and obvious question? These are things that are so easily fixable and yet they are either too dumb to see them or too lazy to fix them.
Old 09-18-18, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Okay I'm caught up. So from what I gather, Martha (crazy black woman) was in a serious car accident xx time ago and her husband got impaled, turned and she kills him. So she snaps and just starts killing left and right? So is she also mad that no one stopped to help them?

So was MM 54 where she and her husband got into the accident or was that the last sequence?

I kind of agree, I don't get why those truckers just took their biting during her little rampage. No one seemed to want to put up a fight. It's not like she was armed. She just had recycled truckers as walkers on a leash.

And poor Jim. He'll probably turn by the finale.

and Jim's line..."No...I have to make beer"

I have to at Bill's rants about this show. He just seems to copy and paste the same thing over and over again.

I didn't notice until now, but looks like Lennie James gets top billing on the show now as opposed to a "And Lennie James" credit after they killed Kim Dickens.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-18-18 at 03:22 AM.