Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

American Horror Story: Apocalypse (FX) -- Season Thread -- premieres 9/12/18

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-12-18, 11:07 AM

The Season 8 premiere of "American Horror Story."
Written by Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuk; Directed by Bradley Buecker.
Season 1 and Season 3 crossover season.

We'll try episode threads for now and see if there's much activity.
Old 09-12-18, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

re: American Horror Story: Apocalypse (FX) -- Season Thread -- premieres 9/12/18

I suppose I could look this up, but do we have a running time for the first episode yet? Season premieres of AHS can run long sometimes. I don't want to start at 10PM not knowing it goes all the way till 11:45.
Old 09-12-18, 11:32 AM

re: American Horror Story: Apocalypse (FX) -- Season Thread -- premieres 9/12/18

Originally Posted by paff View Post
i suppose i could look this up, but do we have a running time for the first episode yet? Season premieres of ahs can run long sometimes. I don't want to start at 10pm not knowing it goes all the way till 11:45.
10:00 - 11:03.
Old 09-12-18, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'l be recording it and watching over the weekend. Hoping for the best given some of the better actors/characters are back for this one.
Old 09-12-18, 12:43 PM

I actually liked last season so curious to see where this goes.
Old 09-12-18, 03:49 PM

I haven't watched this show in awhile (Carnival season), but I'm intrigued enough again to check it out.
Old 09-12-18, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This will be my first attempt to finish a season.

Btw Joan Collins is still alive?
Old 09-12-18, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So far no appearance of any Murder House or Coven characters from what I can tell. Hope they don't spend too much time in that bunker.

Not even a preview for the next episode though???
Old 09-13-18, 12:01 AM

The premiere didn't do much for me. The post-apocalyptic teen romance made this feel like a lame YA adaption at times. Paulson played her role like a caricature of the housekeeper from Hitchcock's Rebecca and it just didn't work for me. It's also tiresome to see Leslie Grossman back as the same type of superficial twat she played last season. Ugh.

I'll keep watching to see the returning characters from Murder House and Coven, but it feels like this show has really gone off the rails. It used to be my favorite thing on TV, but Roanoke was a slog to get through. The writers seemed to think they were more clever than they were with the "show within a show" angle. Cult was an improvement, but not something I'd ever care to revisit.

BTW, the guy that showed up at the end was named Langdon. So obviously
Spoiler:
he's the antichrist that Connie Britton's character gave birth to at the end of the first season.

Originally Posted by whotony View Post
Btw Joan Collins is still alive?

Last edited by joe_b; 09-13-18 at 02:49 AM.
Old 09-13-18, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by windom View Post

Not even a preview for the next episode though???
Haven't they been doing that for awhile? They really don't let anything get out.
Old 09-13-18, 10:44 AM

The pre-credits sequence was fantastic. Then yeah, a total slog. But it looks like they've gone through their food supply so we won't be spending a season in the shelter.
Old 09-13-18, 09:54 PM

The premiere was meh. But, I'll probably watch. Joan Collins was great in comedy relief role.
Old 09-14-18, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It started out strong, but then we got 40 minutes of everything that was wrong with the prior two seasons. Unbearable characters that are part of a ridiculous and poorly executed stroryline. But at least they introduced Langdon the evil spawn at the end so we can get on with the promised links to the first season. If I didn't know that was coming I would i bail based on that terrible first episode.
Old 09-14-18, 07:33 PM

I wonder if Langdon ages fast or if this is set a bit in the future.
Anway I enjoyed it, and look forward to seeing how it goes forward. Fingers crossed that when the season is over it’ll end up being a strong one. Frankly Asylum was the last season I really loved. It can’t be any worse than Roanoke, hopefully.
Old 09-14-18, 07:45 PM

The opening was exceptional. Shit like that, when done as well as that was, is more scary than anything the horror genre typically puts out.
Old 09-15-18, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo View Post
Anway I enjoyed it, and look forward to seeing how it goes forward. Fingers crossed that when the season is over itíll end up being a strong one. Frankly Asylum was the last season I really loved. It canít be any worse than Roanoke, hopefully.
Donít know when this is supposed to take place, but the rich bitch instagram chick was using an old iPhone.
Old 09-19-18, 07:36 AM

American Horror Story: Apocalypse (S8E02) -- "The Morning After" -- 9/19/18

The FX limited series, American Horror Story, returns for an eighth installment. Michael Langdon prepares a meeting with the guests of Outpost 3 Meanwhile Ms.Venable and Ms.Meade have a sinister plan in store. Written by James Wong; Directed by Jennifer Lynch.

Last edited by dex14; 09-19-18 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-23-18, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The first 10 minutes showed so much promise, then it got to the same old same old rubbish

characters weird for the sake of being weird. Relentless cult overtones

Will give it 2 more episodes
Old 09-23-18, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: American Horror Story: Apocalypse (S8E02) -- "The Morning After" -- 9/19/18

Gee everyone abandoned this quickly lol

I am giving it one more episode (ep 3) before ejecting
Old 09-23-18, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: American Horror Story: Apocalypse (FX) -- Season Thread -- premieres 9/12/18

Second episode was pretty good. Joan Collins was awesome. I noticed two references to prior seasons: the latex man and Stevie Nicks song on the jukebox.
Old 09-23-18, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Original Desmond View Post
Gee everyone abandoned this quickly lol

I am giving it one more episode (ep 3) before ejecting
One problem with FX shows is that they donít stream without a cable subscription. Theyíre one of the last hold outs. I just felt like it and bought Amazon season passes on this and Always Sunny yesterday.

Those opening scenes were pretty intense. Felt real. Pretty sure some douchebag politicians will eventually cause that shit.
Old 09-23-18, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
One problem with FX shows is that they donít stream without a cable subscription. Theyíre one of the last hold outs.
It could be because they have been advertising an option to pay (their sperate service) to watch ad free.
Old 09-23-18, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
One problem with FX shows is that they donít stream without a cable subscription. Theyíre one of the last hold outs. I just felt like it and bought Amazon season passes on this and Always Sunny yesterday.

Those opening scenes were pretty intense. Felt real. Pretty sure some douchebag politicians will eventually cause that shit.
Just watch some of the footage from the faux Hawaii missle crisis alert.
Old 09-23-18, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: American Horror Story: Apocalypse (FX) -- Season Thread -- premieres 9/12/18

They know their shows are as good as HBO. Maybe better. Legion and Fargo are on there too. Louie if he ever returns. They are getting people to pay up.

I loved Hotel but fwdíd through Cult.

Really liked episode one.

I still prefer to pay to watch a show than expand my cable package. I almost upgraded just to watch Always Sunny. But I knew Iíd never watch anything else. And Iíd be on a plan that costs an extra 30 dollars a month.
Old 09-23-18, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo View Post
The e-mail on his laptop in the second episode was dated October 8, 2021. I'm pretty sure the first season was set in 2011, so that would make him only ten.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.