DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   You (now on Netflix) C: Berlanti, Gamble, S: Penn Badgley (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/645128-you-now-netflix-c-berlanti-gamble-s-penn-badgley.html)

TGM 02-01-20 12:30 PM

Re: You (now on Netflix) C: Berlanti, Gamble, S: Penn Badgley

loved loved loved S1... 2 episodes into S2 and I'm struggling.

adamblast 02-01-20 12:38 PM

What a good show. Both seasons so far have been terrific binge material. The Dexter comparison is unavoidable--a main character narrator that's sympathetic charming and dangerous. This show, however, is about a guy "just trying to find love"... Also reminds me a bit of Talented Mr. Ripley.

TheMovieman 02-02-20 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 13680768)
and I would think that Beck would have to notice Joe’s behavior at a certain point.

Spoiler:
You haven't finished the first season, have you? ;)

dex14 02-02-20 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman (Post 13681538)
Spoiler:
You haven't finished the first season, have you? ;)

:lol: Clearly.

Mike86 02-15-20 11:46 AM

Spoiler:
For some reason I wasn’t expecting Beck to die. She was taken out really fast after learning Joe’s secret. I almost thought she might be a little crazy and embrace what he is.

We watched the end of the season and the first episode of season two last night. Pretty good show, but it feels like it could be the same thing on repeat just in a new location with different characters other than Joe.

Hopefully the show runners have an endgame in mind or I feel like it’ll fall into the same trappings Dexter did and go completely off the rails by the end.

Mike86 02-23-20 12:40 AM

Spoiler:
Finished up season two tonight. Pretty good overall. Truthfully I felt something was a bit off with Love from the start of the season, but wasn’t sure if my instincts about her would turn out correct. I didn’t exactly expect her to be a killer, but I thought she’d find out about Joe somehow and either not care because she’s crazy or just help cover his tracks or something.

Fucking Joe too. After all the shit he went through and almost getting his ass caught he’s still ready to stalk the neighbor, which will obviously lead to more trouble.

I really hope this show has a plan where it’s going and it doesn’t drag on forever like Dexter to the point where it gets stupid.

Brack 02-23-20 01:24 AM

Netflix generally doesn’t run their shows into the ground like Showtime does at times. I hope not in this case anyway.

PhantomStranger 03-31-20 05:22 PM

Finally got around to finishing up season one. As someone said, an excellent show to binge on at once. The plotting relies a little too heavily on lucky coincidences and fortunate luck for Joe, but that doesn't diminish the show's tight writing and fully developed characters. I could see it being a weird fit for Lifetime. Lifetime has pulled back in the past two years from racier material, not to mention the on-screen blood and violence.

TGM 03-31-20 06:42 PM

just cannot get into S2 at all... :(

bunkaroo 04-02-20 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by TGM (Post 13715783)
just cannot get into S2 at all... :(

Felt the same. It got somewhat better in the last few episodes but not nearly as good as the 1st season.

Osiris3657 03-04-21 10:25 AM

I watched both seasons over the last month, and it's a fun little guilty pleasure. Things started getting really over the top in the second half of season 2, but I rolled my eyes and groaned during the last scene. The show should have ended with him living a happy suburban life with his equally crazy killer gf, but instead he eyes the neighbor through the fence and he's got a new obsession. I'm not sure I'll watch season 3.

dex14 08-30-21 08:06 AM

And a baby makes 3. YOU S3 coming October 15, only on Netflix.

Mike86 08-31-21 11:32 PM

Looking forward to the new season of this. I enjoyed this show for the most part. I probably slightly preferred season one, but season two was pretty good too.

devilshalo 09-17-21 11:17 AM

stingermck 09-17-21 11:22 AM

Daaaamn, I'm ready.

dex14 10-13-21 01:33 PM

Season 3 premieres Friday.

Renewed for Season 4.

devilshalo 10-13-21 02:20 PM

Bring on the cr4zy!

Gizmo 10-15-21 02:22 PM

3 episodes in and enjoying it. Good twist at the end of the first episode.

dex14 10-20-21 02:52 PM

I still enjoyed this season a lot. Badgley is so good on the show. I will very much miss
Spoiler:
Victoria Pedretti, but she seems like she’ll be bound for bigger and better things.

devilshalo 10-20-21 04:17 PM

A part of me wanted them to continue couples therapy. "Why does everyone say I'm impulsive?!"

I expected a little more with Matthew. Oh well.. I'm sure something might still come out of that.

andicus 10-26-21 11:45 PM

Just finished this and enjoyed it.

I was happy with the way things turned out, but still agree with Dex' spoiler.

movieguru 10-27-21 09:51 AM

The third season was not as good as the previous two. Aside from the beginning and ending episodes, there is very little killing going on. Ignoring those episodes, it was basically a normal married couple fighting and bickering all the time. The title character is more of an anti hero now than the psycho serial killer he was in the first season. It will be interesting to see where they go with the fourth season not that he is in Europe.

devilshalo 10-28-21 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by movieguru (Post 14003595)
The third season was not as good as the previous two. Aside from the beginning and ending episodes, there is very little killing going on. Ignoring those episodes, it was basically a normal married couple fighting and bickering all the time. The title character is more of an anti hero now than the psycho serial killer he was in the first season. It will be interesting to see where they go with the fourth season not that he is in Europe.

I liked the differences between Joe and Love... if Joe were the perfect husband and father, there would have been no season 3 and she would not have gone off the deep end because she found the guy that would never leave her.

You'd have to think tho that..
Spoiler:
the staged murder/suicide with Love would be very high profile in the news. Even in France, there has to be people that may recognize him. Especially since Sherry and Cary survive and pretty much TEDTalk about their experience.

movieguru 10-28-21 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo (Post 14004204)
I liked the differences between Joe and Love... if Joe were the perfect husband and father, there would have been no season 3 and she would not have gone off the deep end because she found the guy that would never leave her.

You'd have to think tho that..
Spoiler:
the staged murder/suicide with Love would be very high profile in the news. Even in France, there has to be people that may recognize him. Especially since Sherry and Cary survive and pretty much TEDTalk about their experience.

I don't think it would matter if he were the perfect husband and father. Even if he wasn't the least bit interested in the neighbor, she still would have came on to him, or someone else would have eventually. Love would become jealous and kill whoever tried to seduce Joe.

d2cheer 10-29-21 08:15 AM

I do not know much about this but it appears interesting. I have not read the thread for fear of spoilers. How would you describe this?

Thanks