Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix) -- Season 2 Discussion Thread -- premieres 9/7/18

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-04-18, 07:22 AM

Iron Fist Season 2 features ​Danny Rand (Finn Jones)​ ​as he fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.

Season 2 furthers the transformation of Danny​, a character with a fish out of water coming of age story making his way in a harsh new world, battling to work out who he is. This season, Dann​y​ has promised that with Matt Murdock gone, he will step up and protect his city. ​But a sinister plot twist threatens his very identity ​and he must conquers his villains to protect the town and people he holds close to his heart.

​Marvel’s Iron Fist Season 2 stars Finn Jones (Danny Rand), Jessica Henwick (Colleen Wing), Sacha Dhawan (Davos), Tom Pelphrey (Ward Meachum), Jessica Stroup (Joy Meachum), Simone Missick (Misty Knight) and introduces Alice Eve (Mary Walker).
10 episode second season. Premieres 3:01am EST on 9/7/18.

Please use spoiler tags for any major plot discussion.
Old 09-04-18, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix) -- Season 2 Discussion Thread -- premieres 9/7/18

I wasn't going to be in a real rush to watch this, but with needing/wanting to also watch Ozark and Jack Ryan, plus a slew of new video games coming out (Spider-Man and Tomb Raider) this one might get backburnered for a while.
Old 09-04-18, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix) -- Season 2 Discussion Thread -- premieres 9/7/18

If it weren't for Henwick, this wouldn't be a must see for me. *smitten*
Old 09-04-18, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
Agreed.
Old 09-05-18, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Reviews hitting. Seems to be vastly improved: https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/5/178...hanges-costume
Old 09-07-18, 05:43 AM

Season 2 is up.
Old 09-07-18, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

A little surprised this is the 1st Marvel Netflix season to actually cut their episode order from the standard 13 to 10.

Maybe the new showrunner figured out he didn't need the standard 13 to tell his season arc.

Anyways, I'm a little behind on this Marvel shows. I'm 6 or 7 into The Punisher, 5 into Luke Cage season 2 and haven't started Jessica Jones at all. I did already see the 1st season of Iron Fist, so maybe I'll try to power through a few this weekend.
Old 09-07-18, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
A little surprised this is the 1st Marvel Netflix season to actually cut their episode order from the standard 13 to 10.

Maybe the new showrunner figured out he didn't need the standard 13 to tell his season arc.

Anyways, I'm a little behind on this Marvel shows. I'm 6 or 7 into The Punisher, 5 into Luke Cage season 2 and haven't started Jessica Jones at all. I did already see the 1st season of Iron Fist, so maybe I'll try to power through a few this weekend.
I think 10 is better given the last few felt way too long to me.

It's weird to me that you're bouncing around shows like that though.
Old 09-07-18, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post

It's weird to me that you're bouncing around shows like that though.
With so much when those other seasons aired, it was tough for me to stay dedicated on 1 Netflix show. I ended up stopping down on those for months.

But, I should probably stay focused on 1 Netflix show and not bounce around so much otherwise I'll fall even more behind with Fall coming up. Jack Ryan on Amazon had a really short 8 episode season and I finished that in 3 days.
Old 09-07-18, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

With so much when those other seasons aired, it was tough for me to stay dedicated on 1 Netflix show. I ended up stopping down on those for months.

But, I should probably stay focused on 1 Netflix show and not bounce around so much otherwise I'll fall even more behind with Fall coming up. Jack Ryan on Amazon had a really short 8 episode season and I finished that in 3 days.
Don't forget about Defenders as well. I'd avoid bouncing around and go in air date order just because of how related the shows are. There are connections formed in one show that carry into the others. You wouldn't get lost, but it might lose some resonance.
Old 09-07-18, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by clckworang View Post
Don't forget about Defenders as well. I'd avoid bouncing around and go in air date order just because of how related the shows are. There are connections formed in one show that carry into the others. You wouldn't get lost, but it might lose some resonance.
I did see The Defenders. I watched that within a few days after it dropped.

As for Iron Fist, I know the only big connection is Colleen and Misty's friendship.
Old 09-07-18, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Supposedly the finale in this is fantastic. I need to finish Luke Cage so I can start with this.
Old 09-07-18, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have not watched Luke Cage or Jessica Jones seasons 2, so don't know if I need to watch those in order to get this season. The Defenders and Iron Fist S1 was the last ones I watched from this universe.

Last edited by Why So Blu?; 09-07-18 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-07-18, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

this can't be worse than the first season.

I need to finish Luke Cage S2, too.
Old 09-07-18, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
I have not watched Luke Cage or Jessica Jones seasons 2, so don't know if I need to watch those in order to get this season. The Defenders and Iron Fist S1 was the last ones I watched from this universe.
Minor spoiler for Cage S2
Spoiler:
there is an IF/LC crossover in LC S2, but I haven't read anything that indicates it directly ties into IF S2.
Old 09-07-18, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
I wasn't going to be in a real rush to watch this, but with needing/wanting to also watch Ozark and Jack Ryan, this one might get backburnered for a while.
Just finished Ozark and 5 eps in on Jack Ryan. So I'm kinda with you.

Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
But there's this.
Old 09-07-18, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I went ahead and watched the 1st episode. I'll watch a few more this weekend or maybe more.

They are setting up some plan with Joy and Davos.

And there's a pretty badass fight scene with Colleen and a bunch of Chinese thugs.

and Alice Eve is also introduced and it appears that she has:

Spoiler:

some kind of multiple personality issues.

Old 09-07-18, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm up to three episodes and really liking it so far. Danny is better, the fights are better, the camera work is better, everything is better. That isn't say much since the first season was terrible but like I said I'm liking this season so far.
Old 09-08-18, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

and Alice Eve is also introduced and it appears that she has:

Spoiler:

some kind of multiple personality issues.

I wonder why they chose to introduce her in IF when she is actually DD's nemesis.
Old 09-08-18, 06:37 PM
Cool New Member

I guess it is best to watch JJ season 2 and Luke Cage season 2 first, before watching this.
Old 09-08-18, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

LC yes JJ no.
Old 09-09-18, 06:36 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
LC yes JJ no.
Thanks. Will watch LC S2 first.
Old 09-10-18, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga

I'm two episodes in and this show is boring the shit out of me.
Old 09-10-18, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fight scenes are way better than season one. Not sure how I feel about the ending, but I think I can say without spoilers that at least it changes things up.
Old 09-11-18, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Loved it except for the
Spoiler:
very last 3 seconds of the series
. Whoever had that idea should be fired.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.