Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Mayans M.C. (FX) -- Season 1 Thread -- Sons of Anarchy spinoff -- Premieres 9/4/18

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Mayans M.C. (FX) -- Season 1 Thread -- Sons of Anarchy spinoff -- Premieres 9/4/18

Old 09-12-18, 05:23 PM

Re: Mayans M.C. (FX) -- Season 1 Thread -- Sons of Anarchy spinoff -- Premieres 9/4/1

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
Episode 2: a typical SOA chase put to shitty music. I donít know how much longer Iím going to be able to last with this.
Think of it as the Flu. It'll get better or die.
Old 09-12-18, 05:27 PM

Re: Mayans M.C. (FX) -- Season 1 Thread -- Sons of Anarchy spinoff -- Premieres 9/4/1

The Chucky cameo seemed really forced, even though it was small.
Old 09-23-18, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I know interest in Mayans MC is kind of lukewarm here, but I watched this 25 minute feature on the Making of the Pilot episode

It chronicles production of the original Pilot directed by Sutter (took 15 days to film), FX rejecting it (pissing him off) and then going through the re-casting and re-shoots with the new director. Then Sutter realizing he tried to do too much.

It's a good watch if you like these kind of production features.
Old 09-23-18, 06:26 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

I dug the pilot, but quickly have lost interest. It's on the bubbliest of bubbles for me right now, especially with all the other shows starting back this Fall.
Old 09-25-18, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Same here. I totally lost interest last episode. I think I might be done.
Old 09-25-18, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Phodg View Post
Same here. I totally lost interest last episode. I think I might be done.
Same.
Old 09-25-18, 08:08 PM

Tonight is another 90 min (with commercials) episode. Yea... I’m definitely out.
Old 09-26-18, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yep, two weeks of this bloated mess were all I could take.
Old 09-28-18, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This show is just such a mess. As a HUGE SOA fan, that was tough for me to say. Will most likely delete. Too many quality shows out there presently.

The transition into this world just isn't very seamless. Can't identify or empathize with any of the characters, too many sub-plots, lackluster writing and a lot of the acting leaves much to be desired. I just don't care for this "family" as much as I did the Tellers.

So difficult to do because I adore Kurt Sutter (wife and I named our cat after him) but this was a bad idea. Not as bad as Bastard Executioner...but bad.
Old 09-28-18, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dan1boy View Post
I adore Kurt Sutter
Why?
Old 09-28-18, 08:00 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
Why?
The Shield and early SOA were fantastic.
Old 09-28-18, 09:29 PM

Enjoying this so far. Look forward to the rest of the season.
Old 09-29-18, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TGM View Post
The Shield and early SOA were fantastic.
This.
Old 10-01-18, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

https://deadline.com/2018/10/mayans-...fx-1202474398/

Renewed for a second season Vatos.
Old 10-01-18, 05:56 PM

Good news!
Old 11-07-18, 06:21 PM

Good finale. Enjoyed the season overall, though it took a few episodes to warm up to the characters.

Interesting ending.

Looking forward to Season 2.
Old 11-07-18, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I’m binging it off FX plus. Got sidetracked with so many other shows on. I’ll probably finish in a few days.

One vlogger I follow loves the show and says he thinks it’s the best new show this season.
Old 07-17-19, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Mayans M.C. (FX) -- Season 1 Thread -- Sons of Anarchy spinoff -- Premieres 9/4/18

I finally finished season 1 on FX Plus.

Overall it was actually a really good season. A dark and gritty season without some of the over the top shenanigans of Sons. I know some of you who tried the show chose not to stick with it because you had a bad taste in your mouth from hating Sons last season.

Some of the episodes did run long. They ranged from 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes with no commercials.

I have a question about the finale for anyone who has any memory of it since it aired about 1 year ago.

In the finale, there is a flashback sequence to what happened to EZ and what led to his arrest and imprisonment. Him Mom was murdered by someone and then EZ chased after him firing a gun. He got distracted and it looked like he accidentally shot a cop. The man who apparently murdered his Mom got away. In the present day sequence, EZ sees the same man at a party. I recall earlier in the show, EZ said he shot a dirty cop and that's what led to his arrest. So I was confused by that. So it looks like EZ killed a innocent cop by accident then? No?

and there was some crazy stuff too when EZ and his brother murdered EZ's DEA handler because that dirty A-USA lawyer blackmailed them.

I was also surprised at the scene where Galindo had his right hand man Denate Cano murdered because he discovered some secret he was hiding and had some decapitated.