DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Mayans M.C. (FX) -- Series Thread -- Sons of Anarchy spinoff -- Premieres 9/4/18 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/645078-mayans-m-c-fx-series-thread-sons-anarchy-spinoff-premieres-9-4-18-a.html)

leacha 09-12-18 05:23 PM

Re: Mayans M.C. (FX) -- Season 1 Thread -- Sons of Anarchy spinoff -- Premieres 9/4/1

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13406836)
Episode 2: a typical SOA chase put to shitty music. I don’t know how much longer I’m going to be able to last with this. :lol:

Think of it as the Flu. It'll get better or die.

dex14 09-12-18 05:27 PM

Re: Mayans M.C. (FX) -- Season 1 Thread -- Sons of Anarchy spinoff -- Premieres 9/4/1

The Chucky cameo seemed really forced, even though it was small.

DJariya 09-23-18 01:46 PM

I know interest in Mayans MC is kind of lukewarm here, but I watched this 25 minute feature on the Making of the Pilot episode

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tpw8CSAPFLE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It chronicles production of the original Pilot directed by Sutter (took 15 days to film), FX rejecting it (pissing him off) and then going through the re-casting and re-shoots with the new director. Then Sutter realizing he tried to do too much.

It's a good watch if you like these kind of production features.

TGM 09-23-18 06:26 PM

I dug the pilot, but quickly have lost interest. It's on the bubbliest of bubbles for me right now, especially with all the other shows starting back this Fall.

Phodg 09-25-18 02:59 PM

Same here. I totally lost interest last episode. I think I might be done.

dex14 09-25-18 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Phodg (Post 13414039)
Same here. I totally lost interest last episode. I think I might be done.

Same.

dex14 09-25-18 08:08 PM

Tonight is another 90 min (with commercials) episode. Yea... I’m definitely out.

mugwump 09-26-18 01:47 PM

Yep, two weeks of this bloated mess were all I could take.

Dan1boy 09-28-18 07:03 PM

This show is just such a mess. As a HUGE SOA fan, that was tough for me to say. Will most likely delete. Too many quality shows out there presently.

The transition into this world just isn't very seamless. Can't identify or empathize with any of the characters, too many sub-plots, lackluster writing and a lot of the acting leaves much to be desired. I just don't care for this "family" as much as I did the Tellers.

So difficult to do because I adore Kurt Sutter (wife and I named our cat after him) but this was a bad idea. Not as bad as Bastard Executioner...but bad.

dex14 09-28-18 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dan1boy (Post 13416570)
I adore Kurt Sutter

Why?

TGM 09-28-18 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13416582)
Why?

The Shield and early SOA were fantastic.

Boondock Saint 09-28-18 09:29 PM

Enjoying this so far. Look forward to the rest of the season.

Dan1boy 09-29-18 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by TGM (Post 13416599)
The Shield and early SOA were fantastic.

This.

DJariya 10-01-18 05:15 PM

https://deadline.com/2018/10/mayans-...fx-1202474398/

Renewed for a second season Vatos.

Boondock Saint 10-01-18 05:56 PM

Good news!

Boondock Saint 11-07-18 06:21 PM

Good finale. Enjoyed the season overall, though it took a few episodes to warm up to the characters.

Interesting ending.

Looking forward to Season 2.

DJariya 11-07-18 06:24 PM

I’m binging it off FX plus. Got sidetracked with so many other shows on. I’ll probably finish in a few days.

One vlogger I follow loves the show and says he thinks it’s the best new show this season.

DJariya 07-17-19 04:34 PM

re: Mayans M.C. (FX) -- Series Thread -- Sons of Anarchy spinoff -- Premieres 9/4/18

I finally finished season 1 on FX Plus.

Overall it was actually a really good season. A dark and gritty season without some of the over the top shenanigans of Sons. I know some of you who tried the show chose not to stick with it because you had a bad taste in your mouth from hating Sons last season.

Some of the episodes did run long. They ranged from 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes with no commercials.

I have a question about the finale for anyone who has any memory of it since it aired about 1 year ago.

In the finale, there is a flashback sequence to what happened to EZ and what led to his arrest and imprisonment. Him Mom was murdered by someone and then EZ chased after him firing a gun. He got distracted and it looked like he accidentally shot a cop. The man who apparently murdered his Mom got away. In the present day sequence, EZ sees the same man at a party. I recall earlier in the show, EZ said he shot a dirty cop and that's what led to his arrest. So I was confused by that. So it looks like EZ killed a innocent cop by accident then? No?

and there was some crazy stuff too when EZ and his brother murdered EZ's DEA handler because that dirty A-USA lawyer blackmailed them.

I was also surprised at the scene where Galindo had his right hand man Denate Cano murdered because he discovered some secret he was hiding and had some decapitated.

DJariya 07-19-19 12:49 PM

Mayans M.C. (FX) -- Season 2 Thread -- Sons of Anarchy spinoff -- Premieres 9/3/19

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...f8c015cd3d.jpg

Season 2 trailer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ECxZm3eCUUM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJariya 08-28-19 12:24 PM

re: Mayans M.C. (FX) -- Series Thread -- Sons of Anarchy spinoff -- Premieres 9/4/18

https://www.thewrap.com/kurt-sutter-...fter-season-2/

Kurt Sutter is quitting Mayans MC. Season 2 is already filmed, but he won't be back if there is a 3rd season.

DJariya 09-04-19 02:05 AM

Re: Mayans M.C. (FX) -- Season 2 Thread -- Sons of Anarchy spinoff -- Premieres 9/3/19

Season 2 premiered tonight. It was 77 minutes with commercials.

Anyways, I thought it was a good episode. I'm glad I came back to this show and got caught up after initially dropping it halfway through season 1. I think it really found it's stride now.

A mini Sons of Anarchy crossover. For those who didn't watch. Hap from Sons came back and now it appears that he murdered EZ's Mom and someone hired him to do it. EZ recogized him at a BBQ at the end of last season, but did nothing. There was a reference to Chibs, so I'm guessing he's now running Sam Crow.

and damn, some brutal kills and backstabbing. The Mayans and those Mercs took out that whole house and then the Mercs got taken out by the Mayans.

DJariya 10-17-19 04:28 PM

Re: Mayans M.C. (FX) -- Season 2 Thread -- Sons of Anarchy spinoff -- Premieres 9/3/19

https://tvline.com/2019/10/17/kurt-s...ns-of-anarchy/

Wow, FX fires Kurt Sutter due to his abrasive behavior on set.

Not many here are watching Mayans, but that's interesting news.

Koby 11-06-19 10:00 PM

Re: Mayans M.C. (FX) -- Series Thread -- Sons of Anarchy spinoff -- Premieres 9/4/18

Which member of the Sons was it that was lying dead at the end of the season finale I wonder...

Sucks that this was the season finale. Gonna be a while till the next episode and it's got me definitely wanting more.

Original Desmond 12-01-19 09:12 PM

Re: Mayans M.C. (FX) -- Series Thread -- Sons of Anarchy spinoff -- Premieres 9/4/18

I can't find the Season 2 thread ??

Original Desmond 12-01-19 09:16 PM

Maybe there isn't one :) I enjoyed season 2, some WTF moments. The Mercs were too easily taken out. What was with killing all the innocents at the end ? (wives/gfs of the Vatos),i thought that wasn't permitted.

I think they make Season 3 into a full bore Mayans v SOA battle royale