DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Ozark (Netflix) -- Season 2 Thread -- premieres 8/31/18 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/645008-ozark-netflix-season-2-thread-premieres-8-31-18-a.html)

dex14 08-27-18 09:01 AM

Ozark (Netflix) -- Season 2 Thread -- premieres 8/31/18

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...4,1000_AL_.jpg

<iframe width="708" height="398" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0vHziRrCYqA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In its much-anticipated second season, Ozark continues to follow Marty Bryde and his family as they navigate the murky waters of life within a dangerous drug cartel. With Del out, the crime syndicate sends their ruthless attorney Helen Pierce to town to shake things up just as The Byrdes are finally settling in. Marty and Wendy struggle to balance their family interests amid the escalating dangers presented by their partnerships with the power-hungry Snells, the cartel and their new deputy, Ruth Langmore, whose father Cade has been released from prison. The stakes are even higher than before and The Byrdes soon realize they have to go all in before they can get out.
10 episode second season.

Anticipation is HIGH for this one.

MLBFan24 08-27-18 09:06 PM

Re: Ozark (Netflix) -- Season 2 Thread -- premieres 8/31/18

Looking forward to it!

Troy Stiffler 08-27-18 09:16 PM

Looking forward to watching their miserable lives unfold. Such a sad and bleak show. Was there ever a moment of optimism in the first season?

Mordred 08-28-18 12:10 PM

I thought it was kind of optimistic for a moment or two there when the entire family agreed to work together. It was extremely short lived if I recall.

Can't wait.

d2cheer 08-28-18 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler (Post 13396840)
Looking forward to watching their miserable lives unfold. Such a sad and bleak show. Was there ever a moment of optimism in the first season?

So just like real life?? -wink-

dex14 08-31-18 03:53 PM

Almost done. I’m not finding this season as engaging as the first.

andicus 08-31-18 04:58 PM

Perfect timing! One episode to go in S1.

csant 09-02-18 05:01 AM

Just finished the season after starting yesterday. Im in for more... this is going to get hella crazy for next season.

Michael T Hudson 09-02-18 11:34 PM

Just finished it as well. Would put it on par with the first. Solid acting all the way around.

TomOpus 09-03-18 10:43 AM

Another one who finished. I wonder if they have things plotted out towards a final season. This will get another season.

Spoiler:
Gonna miss Buddy

Noonan 09-04-18 07:19 AM

Watched two episodes so far and I'm having trouble getting back into it. Maybe it's just due to watching Jack Ryan first but this just seems dull. Although, that seems to be a trend for me lately. Also having trouble continuing with Better Call Saul and Sinner.

Rob V 09-04-18 07:38 AM

Hmm... just watched the first two episodes and am loving it so far. The dynamic of the crazy father out of prison is great and at least we're getting all the follow up we need on last seasons characters.

dex14 09-04-18 07:43 AM

The best thing about this season was Julia Garner. She continues to impress.

Overall, I just didn't think this season worked as well as the first. It seemed to meander too much.

mcnabb 09-04-18 07:53 AM

Watched the first 2 episodes this weekend, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to get back into this. They sucked me right back in as I'm actually enjoying it more then last season because every character is established now so you kind of understand their motives.

Red Dog 09-05-18 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by mcnabb (Post 13401390)
Watched the first 2 episodes this weekend, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to get back into this. They sucked me right back in as I'm actually enjoying it more then last season because every character is established now so you kind of understand their motives.

Blitzed through all of S2 over Monday/Tuesday. Totally dark and bleak but an easy binge.

IDrinkMolson 09-05-18 11:44 AM

The wife and I finished S2 the other day. We both liked it.

S2E7 - I called it when:
Spoiler:
Mason's baby was taken by protective services, that he would die and the baby would go to another family. I just thought it would all happen in one episode.
For which family I predicted that happens in a later episode:
Spoiler:
I predicted the Snells, but can't remember what episode that was, maybe the finale?

S2E9:
Spoiler:
I didn't see it coming until it was too late, but kind of surprised they killed Jacob. When they stopped walking, I knew it was poison. Mrs. Snell gets on my nerves sometimes.

Why So Blu? 09-05-18 02:00 PM

Just wrapped it up. Great series and it's on like donkey kong for season 3! #IHope

dvdjunkie32 09-06-18 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13401385)
The best thing about this season was Julia Garner. She continues to impress.

Overall, I just didn't think this season worked as well as the first. It seemed to meander too much.

I agree, she owned this season. Deserves an emmy, IMO. I only have two episodes left and finding season 2 just as enjoyable as S1.

Kal-El 09-07-18 01:16 PM

Enjoyed it as much as S1. I'm surprised they

Spoiler:
killed off Petty and Jacob, but I guess their stories were pretty much done at that point.

I kinda wished they did more with the Rachel character. I liked her from S1.

Agree with all previous posters about Ruth though. Crazy good.

pelenor 09-08-18 02:14 PM

I thought the whole season was fantastic. My favorite part was
Spoiler:
the look on Marty's face when he realizes that his wife had Ruth's father murdered and that she was beginning to embrace the life he was so desperately trying to get them out of.

I'm in for season three.

jpcamb 09-11-18 02:21 PM

finished this last night with the wife. Found it really enjoyable with some interesting plot twists to keep it good. Some things were clearly telegraphed but none the less I liked it. Will be in for another season but I really hate the Darleen Snell character, she is so vile.

Coral 09-11-18 08:48 PM

I enjoyed this season, but I do think the running time is longer than needed on the episodes and they could've made the season at least 1 episode shorter.

They sure...
Spoiler:
cleaned house of characters in the second half of the season - some of them major too.

Jacob, Petty, Buddy, Cade, and Mason were killed off... and Rachel left town.

The cast got a lot smaller.

Rob V 09-19-18 06:42 AM

Loved the season but the last scene left my befuddled... so we're to believe that
Spoiler:
Wendy got into bed with the cartel just to off one idiotic redneck? I could see if she pulled that trump card to deal with Kansas City -- which I suspect will be the focus of S3, but de-railing the escape plan and sitting tight in their current situation was only done to confirm there will be a S3... and since there will be, I'm all in.

andicus 09-19-18 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Rob V (Post 13410371)
Loved the season but the last scene left my befuddled... so we're to believe that
Spoiler:
Wendy got into bed with the cartel just to off one idiotic redneck? I could see if she pulled that trump card to deal with Kansas City -- which I suspect will be the focus of S3, but de-railing the escape plan and sitting tight in their current situation was only done to confirm there will be a S3... and since there will be, I'm all in.

I think it was the flattery from the lawyer, combined with Marty's throwing the 'I didn't have time to argue' back in her face, that pushed her to that decision.

d2cheer 09-22-18 08:47 AM

^ Plus they are
Spoiler:
basically untouchable right now based on what the lawyer said and can actually have a good life there. The cartel is pleased with them.