DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-13-18, 07:03 PM   #26
DVD Talk Hero

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FXX) -- Season 13 Thread -- premieres 9/5/18

Charlie and Kaitlin looked fine, Rob and Glenn both lost way too much weight which makes em look a bit older.
Old 09-13-18, 08:08 PM   #27
DVD Talk Legend

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FXX) -- Season 13 Thread -- premieres 9/5/18

I thought it was an off episode.

Had a few good moments, but nothing great. Although I do like how they keep hinting at Dennis' serial killer ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whotony View Post
Was odd that it was set up in Dennisís apartment though.
Yea, I didn't get that at all. Basically Dennis and Mac have a huge advantage since they know what's in their apartment... so anything that's not theirs is important and a clue for the game.
Old 09-13-18, 08:37 PM   #28

Yea, I didn't care much for last nights.
Old 09-13-18, 10:42 PM   #29
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I didnít get the escape room episode either. Setup in your own apartment or house? What?
Old 09-14-18, 07:10 AM   #30
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, the premise was definitely weak, though I did very much enjoy Charlie as the Speaker and Dennis' bed and laptop setup. Seeing the bike again was great, though I kind of wish they didn't mention it and it was just there in the background.

"I think I misworded that wrong." -conscience
Old 09-14-18, 07:39 AM   #31

I laughed pretty much non-stop. The four of them sitting around the table smoking pipes...
Old 09-14-18, 09:16 AM   #32
Mostly Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whotony View Post

Last night they did an escape room.

Was odd that it was set up in Dennisís apartment though.
Yeah, is that even a thing? "We bring the escape room to you!"

I thought this episode was a bit weak, but I'm still glad to see the gang back.
Old 09-14-18, 09:42 AM   #33
DVD Talk Legend

It was kind of a weak premise and the Escape Room being in the apartment certainly didn't make sense.

Still had some funny moments, Mac chewing the gum meant for Dennis, sitting around and smoking pipes and then each of them spitting out their gum.

I also like how they thought the whole thing was just the lock and key.
Old 09-14-18, 09:49 AM   #34
Mostly Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat3001 View Post
I also like how they thought the whole thing was just the lock and key.
Yeah, that was pretty good. Dennis' own personal escape room/bedroom was good too.
Old 09-14-18, 08:52 PM   #35
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
Yeah, that was pretty good. Dennis' own personal escape room/bedroom was good too.
I actually would have preferred a whole episode about that. Have an intro where we thought they were going to a real escape room, but somehow get locked in Dennis' bedroom for the whole episode. And they would have to do actual puzzles and some kinky shit to get out
Old 09-20-18, 12:06 AM   #36
DVD Talk Legend

Yea, the Boggs reboot was another miss.

Just because you self-reference that this is a cheap reboot episode a number of times, it doesn't make it any more clever or funny. It really seems like they're out of ideas so far this season.
Old 09-20-18, 01:03 AM   #37
DVD Talk Hero

Didn't care for tonight's at all. Laughed, maybe, once. That was actually a bad episode - probably one of the worst of the entire series.
Old 09-20-18, 05:31 AM   #38

I wonder if they aired this episode out of order. The flight attendant mentioned serving them in Minnesota for the Super Bowl. They've said that the would have an episode about the Super Bowl and the Eagles...
Old 09-20-18, 06:44 PM   #39
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
I wonder if they aired this episode out of order. The flight attendant mentioned serving them in Minnesota for the Super Bowl. They've said that the would have an episode about the Super Bowl and the Eagles...
I was trying to remember that episode and drew a blank. Your explanation makes sense now.
Old 09-20-18, 06:55 PM   #40
DVD Talk Legend

Agreed it wasn't very good. A few laughs though. Hard to have a really good episode without 3/5ths of the main cast and nothing more than a cameo from Frank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
I'm thinking the Super Bowl episode will be a flashback. They did something similar last season with mixed up timeline involving Cricket.