DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Veronica Mars (Hulu) — Season 4 Thread — premieres 7/19/19 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/644962-veronica-mars-hulu-%97-season-4-thread-%97-premieres-7-19-19-a.html)

lwhy? 11-12-19 04:50 PM

Re: Veronica Mars (Hulu) — Season 4 Thread — premieres 7/19/19

As of now, there are no current plans for a fifth season.... https://tvline.com/2019/11/12/veroni...tNYo7BgRHWIV50

dex14 11-12-19 04:57 PM

I find it a bit odd that Hulu would put all this effort in to a new season and getting the rights to the original seasons to not bring it back for at least another season. But maybe there are bigger things at work here. Maybe one day we will get another season. Maybe it’ll be on Hulu... maybe it’ll be on HBOMax.

mwbmis 11-12-19 05:04 PM

Certainly the fans who did not like the ending were loud and spiteful. Honestly, killing Logan didn't bother me at all. Shoehorning him into detective stories wasn't going to work. And inventing random inconsequential subplots just to make it worth Dohring's trouble didn't seem like much of an idea either. Disappointed we aren't getting more...at least in the near future.

Daytripper 11-12-19 08:41 PM

Well, balls. This really upsets me. I thought the Hulu series was thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying. And left me wanting more.

dolphinboy 11-13-19 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Daytripper (Post 13639007)
Well, balls. This really upsets me. I thought the Hulu series was thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying. And left me wanting more.

Let Hulu know how you feel with a tweet or an email. It can’t hurt.

Goat3001 11-18-19 02:10 PM

As long as Rob Thomas and Kristen Bell are motivated to do more seasons/movies, it'll happen. The fan base is strong enough that they'll find a home for the show somewhere.

starseed1981 11-19-19 09:49 AM

The truth is that season 3 was very meh and season 4 was just kinda ok. Killing off Logan was a big risk and I understand why they did it. But it backfired immensely. Those first two seasons are still classics though. I'm ok with it being done.

ben12 11-19-19 10:49 AM

I thought season 4 was excellent until the last half hour of the last episode. I don't even mind the Logan thing. I just think the resolution of the whodunit was sloppy and a bit confusing, not really adding up but not interested in helping it add up in any logical way.

I'd like to see a fifth season, though!

Michael Corvin 03-22-20 11:51 PM

Just watched the final two episodes tonight and l'd put this season up there with the first couple. I rewatched all three seasons and the movie before Christmas. Season 3 gets a ton of shit, but I liked it more my second time through it.

I just thought everything about this season hit all the right notes. The cast slips back into their roles with such ease. Adult Veronica gets a more adult oriented story. I was never a fan of the Veronica + Logan pairing but with season 4 Logan being more grown up, I really dug it so the ending was kind of a bummer. The guest stars and cameos from older characters were peppered in perfectly. The show needed more Wallace & Mac though. Thomas got me on the Keith Mars disarming the bomb with the cut to black, then the actual ending was such a gut punch.

With what felt like a full season story compacted into 8 episodes, I think the show suffered a tiny bit for not having smaller cases for V to work on.

Those are but minor complaints. I loved this season. Hopefully this wasn't Veronica's last ride. I'm always up for more Mars Investigations.