Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Carter (WGN) -- S: Jerry O'Connell, Sydney Poitier Heartsong, Kristian Bruun

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-18, 06:44 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
Carter (WGN) -- S: Jerry O'Connell, Sydney Poitier Heartsong, Kristian Bruun

<iframe width="725" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VohZcQxXsBo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WGN America unveiled two new originals today, exhibiting the full spectrum of the beloved detective procedural genre: lighthearted detective comedy "Carter," starring Jerry O'Connell ("Billions"), Sydney Poitier Heartsong ("Chicago P.D.") and Kristian Bruun ("Orphan Black"). "Carter" is a sharp, 10-episode series that revolves around Harley Carter (O'Connell), an actor playing a detective on a hit television show until he is forced to retreat to his sleepy hometown after an embarrassing public meltdown in Hollywood. Now that he's back, he taps into his acting experience to become a real-life detective, partnering with his two best friends, Sam Shaw (Heartsong) and Dave Leigh (Bruun). "Carter" will make its debut on WGN America on Tuesday, August 7.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Jerry O'Connell as Harley Carter
· Kristian Bruun as Dave Leigh
· Sydney Poitier Heartsong as Sam Shaw

CREW INFORMATION:
· Garry Campbell as CRTR/EP
· John Tinker as CRTR/EP
· Michael Souther as EP
· Scott Smith as DIR (Pilot)
· Teza Lawrence as EP

Last edited by dex14; 08-07-18 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-07-18, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Carter (WGN) -- S: Jerry O'Connell, Sydney Poitier Heartsong, Kristian Bruun

Reviews for this are generally favorable, looks like a throwback to the older 80s/90s mystery shows. We'll give it a shot.
Old 08-07-18, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 906 Likes on 668 Posts
Re: Carter (WGN) -- S: Jerry O'Connell, Sydney Poitier Heartsong, Kristian Bruun

This looks fun. Nice break from all the serious shows I've been watching lately (just started a Shield binge). I have it taping.
Old 08-07-18, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

FYI, this is a Canadian production and it’s still airing. So it’s not the typical cancelled stuff that WGN America has been picking up lately.

And the description above is wrong. O’Connell plays a guy named Harley Carter, hence the name of the series.

http://www.wgnamerica.com/series/car...jerry_oconnell
Old 08-31-18, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 279 Likes on 233 Posts

This show is a fun watch, and the actors seem to be enjoying themselves on the show. If folks are in the mood to watch something fairly light you could do worse.
Old 09-22-18, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

We finished up the series through the Canadian airings, and are hoping it gets renewed next year. It got better as the series progressed.
Old 01-23-19, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Renewed for a 2nd season: Breaking News - WGN America, Sony Pictures Television and Canada's CTV Pick Up "Carter" for Season Two | TheFutonCritic.com

Filming will begin this Spring.
Old 03-30-20, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 279 Likes on 233 Posts

The 2nd season series finale just aired in the U.S. and it was solid. I really am a fan of this show and hope that any possible Coronavirus delays do not stop this show from coming back in say late year 2021. Also, I so have a tv crush on Sydney Poitier Heartsong. I do not want to spoil but while the final episode provides a satisfactory resolution to the season it also technically ends on a cliffhanger. However, if this is all we get I am fine with that.