Reload this Page >

Big Brother (CBS) -- Season 20

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother (CBS) -- Season 20

Old 09-27-18, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Big Brother (CBS) -- Season 20

Yeah, I'd like to see Haleigh again on a show like TAR. Most likely they will go with Tyler and Angela though. They're a couple and are both athletic and photogenic. A no-brainer for TAR.
Old 09-27-18, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,924 Likes on 1,489 Posts

That was... some dress last night.

Proposing to a girl you knew for less than a month in a house where you were the only two minorities and were forced together... well, I hope it works out but that seems like a recipe for disaster. Let alone the personalities those two have.

I think this was one of the best, though I haven't seen all of them. But this was the first time in recent memory (maybe other than Derrick/Cody) where I was fine with either of the final 2 winning and didn't hate that the winner won because of a potentially bitter jury. The constant blind sides, the ineptitude of the other side of the house, the showmances, etc. I didn't even mind the usual Grodner influences because personality-wise, Level 6 was all-around pretty entertaining. Every one of the four main players played key roles.

I did think JC was at a huge disadvantage in pretty much every physical competition he was in, and I was actually surprised how close that second part of the HoH comp was. Also that third part was pretty amazing, especially with Kaycee being so close to going over and Tyler having some kind of brain fart.
Old 09-27-18, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,876 Posts

Haleigh and Faysal for TAR?

I'm wondering what Faysal could do to fuck that up...

I sort of liked Faysal, but by putting Scottie up he bumped Marsellus not using his veto on himself as the biggest bonehead move in Big Brother history.
Old 09-27-18, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Haleigh and Faysal for TAR?

I'm wondering what Faysal could do to fuck that up...

I sort of liked Faysal, but by putting Scottie up he bumped Marsellus not using his veto on himself as the biggest bonehead move in Big Brother history.
I dunno, outing yourself as the hacker going after Tyler was also a terrible game move; absolutely the right thing to do, but Bayleigh would have left the house and at least from the edit it doesn't seem anyone would have pinned it on Haleigh.

Also Rock Star in that key veto competition giving Tyler a lease on life; you couldn't script it any better.
Old 09-27-18, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Officer Cartman
The bitter jury strikes again.
I was surprised Hayleigh voted for Tyler, and equally surprised that Scotty didn't. Too bad; I think when the jury goes back and watches the season they'll see that while Kaycee was a comp beast, Tyler was behind most the strategy.

Great season for sure, and thought it was notable that Julie Chen-Moonves specifically said she'd be back next summer.
Old 09-27-18, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I forgot that it's possible (likely) that Bayleigh is pregnant.
Old 09-27-18, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 211 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
I forgot that it's possible (likely) that Bayleigh is pregnant.
I was wondering about that, since the subject was not addressed outside the house (and only in whispers).
Old 09-27-18, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
I think when the jury goes back and watches the season they'll see that while Kaycee was a comp beast, Tyler was behind most the strategy.
Kaycee is a deserving winner but Tyler pretty clearly outplayed everyone. Insane that Kaycee risked her game to pick him over Angela and then over JC, which just showed how poor her strategic game was.

Both of their speeches were piss poor. Wonder if Tyler lost Sam's vote by calling her a wildcard. Kaycee was tripping over words and not making any points other than she was nice to people and won comps (against lousy competition).

Yeah more Hayleigh please.

Last edited by Finisher; 09-27-18 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-27-18, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Sam didn’t vote out of bitterness. I watched a good bit of the after show that Ross and Marissa do, and Sam said that she based her decision on which family had more need of the money.
Old 09-27-18, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
Sam didn’t vote out of bitterness. I watched a good bit of the after show that Ross and Marissa do, and Sam said that she based her decision on which family had more need of the money.
Which, if true, is an even more stupid basis for voting for a winner than being butt-hurt.
Old 09-27-18, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Which, if true, is an even more stupid basis for voting for a winner than being butt-hurt.
Well, it's Sam. So as expected.
Old 09-28-18, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 211 Likes on 187 Posts

Based on the interviews, Scotty decided to vote for Kaycee because she won the final HOH. This begs the question "If Tyler had won, would Scotty have voted for him?" Since it was a one-vote decision, the reasoning in each case becomes interesting.
Old 09-28-18, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

This was one case where I was perfectly fine with either one winning. They were both very likeable and deserving. Tyler, more so, since he was the strategist and played them like a fiddle, but Kaycee also did well, was never really targeted (even while winning comp after comp) and she played a good social game.

It doesn't happen very often that you can say that about two contestants in one season, much less less two finalists.
Old 09-28-18, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by leeta
This was one case where I was perfectly fine with either one winning. They were both very likeable and deserving. Tyler, more so, since he was the strategist and played them like a fiddle, but Kaycee also did well, was never really targeted (even while winning comp after comp) and she played a good social game.

It doesn't happen very often that you can say that about two contestants in one season, much less less two finalists.
I thought Tyler played a nearly perfect game. Normally the person that just sort of rides along with the master manipulator/strategist doesn’t win so many competitions. Kaycee was likable and her winning so many things took the spotlight off the fact that Tyler was in charge of the house from day 1 to the finale.
Old 09-28-18, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

If you're not keeping up with the HGs post season:

Bayleigh did get pregnant while in the house, but miscarried while in jury.
Old 09-28-18, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

https://youtu.be/OAgJHQobFVg
Old 09-29-18, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
https://youtu.be/OAgJHQobFVg
Something about Bayleigh's voice and the way her mouth moves bugs me. Jesus Christ at the power of makeup. She looked plain in the house most of the time and then applies some makeup and looks like a different person.

Is Swaggy wearing a shirt with his face on it? Of course he is.