DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Suits (USA) -- Season 8 Thread -- Premieres 7/18/18 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/644664-suits-usa-season-8-thread-premieres-7-18-18-a.html)

DJariya 07-18-18 08:38 PM

Suits (USA) -- Season 8 Thread -- Premieres 7/18/18

https://d24v5oonnj2ncn.cloudfront.ne...n-8-poster.jpg

SUITS "Right Hand Man" - 9/8c *SEASON PREMIERE*

Following the merger, Harvey and Zane grapple over who should lead the firm. Louis tasks Katrina with culling the herd, but doesn't like her decision. Donna helps her see beyond the numbers.

8th season premieres tonight.

Katherine Heigl, Dule Hill and Amanda Schull are new cast members.

Gina Torres's Chicago based spinoff "Second City" was picked up and will most likely launch next year. The backdoor pilot aired as a season 7 episode.

https://deadline.com/2018/05/suits-s...sa-1202390479/

DJariya 07-19-18 05:59 PM

Re: Suits (USA) -- Season 8 Thread -- Premieres 7/18/18

I watched the season 8 premiere late last night.

It was okay. They basically picked up things after the wedding.

Harvey and Zane were butting heads and yelling at each other on who should be the managing partner with their merger. Wendell Pierce is a regular on Jack Ryan, so I guess he will only appear occasionally on season 8 even though he's part of the firm now.

I did enjoy Louis tasking Katrina on who to layoff after the merger.

Looks like Heigl's character might be a little hard to like right away if at all. She's kind of a cutthroat bitch who will do whatever it takes including backstabbing to get her way. Harvey and her character were kind of at each other's throats.

Donna once again looked great and showed some nice cleavage.

barelypure 07-20-18 11:37 AM

I enjoyed the show. It may even be better w/out Mike. As to Rachel let's face it her character could have been pretty much anybody for most of the show.

andicus 07-20-18 02:52 PM

Mike was the whole point of this show. Now it's just another law show. I do like the Harvey, Donna, and Louis (well, on and off) characters, but not enough that I feel I need to keep watching.

Noonan 07-20-18 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13375171)
Looks like Heigl's character might be a little hard to like right away if at all. She's kind of a cutthroat bitch who will do whatever it takes including backstabbing to get her way. Harvey and her character were kind of at each other's throats.

Ugh...that's what I was afraid of. I can't stand her and my fear was that she'd ruin one of my favorite shows. I still haven't watched the episode but I hope she doesn't kill it for me.

Original Desmond 08-18-18 08:46 PM

so far, look not terrible. A bit of a case of bad Suits is still a lot better than a lot of other shows

Robert Zane good addition
Katherine Heigel - actually not bad, ok addition
Alex - bad addition

The Alex character is the weak link for me, no chemistry with the other cast

pelenor 08-19-18 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by andicus (Post 13375641)
Mike was the whole point of this show. Now it's just another law show. I do like the Harvey, Donna, and Louis (well, on and off) characters, but not enough that I feel I need to keep watching.

Actually, I feel like it spends little to no time in the courtroom and it seems that all the decisions in the cases are handled off screen. I would compare it to a soap opera built around a law firm that hardly ever practices law.

barelypure 08-19-18 11:59 AM

Not going to court is pretty normal. Most times lawyers are going to settle.

Original Desmond 08-19-18 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by pelenor (Post 13391967)
Actually, I feel like it spends little to no time in the courtroom and it seems that all the decisions in the cases are handled off screen. I would compare it to a soap opera built around a law firm that hardly ever practices law.

I binged the show quite recently to catch up

The show never had many court room scenes ever. It was never a key part of the show

andicus 08-20-18 01:47 AM

It wasn't a key point, and I also felt it was a weaker point, interest wise.

I would, however, agree with the bolded part of this line: "I would compare it to a soap opera built around a law firm that hardly ever practices law." :lol:

DJariya 01-23-19 03:36 PM

Renewed for 9th and final season, which will air this summer: Breaking News - USA Network Renews "Suits" for Its Ninth and Final Season | TheFutonCritic.com

It will be for 10 episodes.

I'm behind on this, but they are still on my DVR. I only watched 3 episodes of the current 8th season and then it fell on the back burner.

BTW, the show returns tonight for season 8B

Noonan 01-23-19 03:40 PM

Glad they're getting a final season and even more glad it's coming back tonight!!

IMO it started off pretty rocky with the new cast setup but it ended strong.

MeridithHartt 01-24-19 03:30 AM

I am not watching season 8. Is it going well without Patrick J. Adams & Meghan Markle?

barelypure 01-24-19 11:51 AM

I didn't miss Meghan at all. Maybe I missed him some but the new cast and adventures more than made up for his absence. In truth it's still just as good and maybe better as the writers have to get beyond his ability to remember everything he's ever read or heard and actually base it off of evidence.

Noonan 01-24-19 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by MeridithHartt (Post 13487287)
I am not watching season 8. Is it going well without Patrick J. Adams & Meghan Markle?

Yeah, don't miss them at all. I'm still not a fan of Heigl at all but it's just as entertaining otherwise. Having Zane play a bigger character has been great.